Tree of Savior Forum

Lvl170 - 2H vs. Xbow + Mana-mana - Current BIS

Skills that uses secondary weapon doesn’t take damage from primary attack anymore. Therefore, yes, SR skills will only use secondary attack but still benefits from stats like Elem Atk, Crit Atk, Blessing, etc.

I guess you’re right, switching to Manamana to keep casting skills on ground enemies will net higher overall damage, but a viper is still useful because it will always outdps xbow and Manamana on flying monsters

@Dream @xylonez @FLoki im really confused with the formula, and haven’t tried to put it on excel to compute so…

Which one is better? (in terms of non-crit AA, crit AA, multiple-hit skills, burst skill)
Phy Attack
Elemental Attack
Crit Attack

I heard Elemental Attack is only good before lvl220? hence Crit Attack will be better (ofc this is for Full/High Dex build)?

What is the best xbow with cannon for Cannoneer and the 2h bow? I dont know what weapon i should use. I have actually maga bow and seimos xbow+ cannon.

Thanks for your help :smiley:

@Mamark It is always a better investment to go for phy atk and crit atk enhancement on headgears than elem atk because of their max values where elem atk can only reach around 30. Of course, you increase the effectiveness of crit atk investments as long as you have very high crit rate, 50% crit chance means you take 50% of the effectiveness of your crit attack, example: having 500 crit attack with 50% crit chance means you benefit 250 crit attack from it.

There will be a point where having too much DEX will net you lesser DPS increase compared to investing on STR due to STR’s ridiculous scaling but personally, I think investing on crit atk can counter this too especially when we talk about multi-hit skills and skills with already fairly huge amount of skill damage already.

@faeray35 Karacha if you want more bonuses like the movement speed but Superior Kracked Shooter will be better for DPS in most cases. Karacha + Agvara Cannon will be better if you don’t like the movement speed penalty of Agvara. Even not being Quarrel Shooter, Didel Grand Cross is a good crossbow too, better than both Karacha and S.K. Shooter. It’s a given though that your final crossbow should be Lolopanther.

@Dream Understood. well I wonder why 3 elemental attacks are so expensive these days. well maybe that’s for WIZ, or idk.

I’m pumping dex, since Phy Attack really scales with Level and having +40phyATk x 3 on headgears will give you like +120 phy attack like + 120 str and weapon damage, etc. I don’t know, i feel dex is much effective than STR. well IMO and personally experience.

btw, happen to have experience with SR?
I’m rolling A2 >QS3 > SR1 >Cannoner

Just want to get SR1 for mobility and additional AoE - Retreat Shot
and ofcourse get rid to blast some cannons.

Well yeah expensive shits, Karacha Xbow + Mana-mana + Agvara.
but i think I can deal with it. RIP glad bands dream. haha

I’m guessing this is from that popular youtube video from kToS? Thing is, the person who did this build already said himself that the build was a mistake.

You need to keep mounting and unmounting which is totally hassle. And as you mentioned, you would need both Mana-mana and Agvara Cannon to maximize the output of this build.

Lv5 Retreat Shot is literally 50% weaker than Lv10 Retreat Shot. Retreat Shot increases it’s hit per interval as the level goes higher. At Lv10, you would do 10 hits per attack intervals making it an overpowered AOE with just 40s cooldown. 40s isn’t much if you consider there’s always a Chrono C3 for Earth Tower.

I also personally think that QS C3 will eventually be obsolete at Lv280 and when everyone has min-maxed their builds. It’s only saving grace is having Didel Grand Cross but if you’re not up to the RNG challenge of getting Didel Grand Cross, then forget about QS C3. Running Shot will be forever stuck on it’s damage because it has no skill damage attribute.

I have seen the video after I plan to roll this skill build, and it excites me more since i see no hassle during casting cannon skills as it was being unmounted automatically. [quote=“Dream, post:67, topic:227483”]
Thing is, the person who did this build already said himself that the build was a mistake.
[/quote]

well what should be his path? I haven’t read this part.

Regarding Mounting and unmounting, I think there will be no problem since once you used skill, you will be automatically unmounted, and you can always bind mouse 4/5 to mount again.

Well, instead of classic Scout for R6, i think SR also be a nice choice, its like Camouflage vs RS + Mobility (with bonus HP while mounting), but ofc with Sc it will better for PvP.

I have to disagree with you, I believe QS3 is one of the best path for Archers, because of Running Shot, well it does not give you the damage attribute but it will still give you the DPS you need while waiting for cool downs. down side is, single target. While R3 gives the Steady Aim 20% additional damage (well ofc if it will be buffed to +45% or longer CD then might be hyped again) and barrage which i think really falls off during late game (or just for me, since I do not have Rogue class to boost my damage)

Of course DGC is a must for this build, as it will be a lot better than Lolopanther Xbow for QS. still can boost to RS Lvl8 with gem (and 9 with Divine Might). So you really need to pray to RNG-God for this.

btw, which path you are taking?

I’m not sure what kind of build that korean player really wanted. I just gave you my insights. I still think it’s not practical to mount and unmount because you lose DP"S" in the process.

Believe me, Running Shot may have sustained DPS but sacrificing 3 ranks for that “decent” sustained is not worth it. I have a 440+ STR QS3 > Rogue3 with 100% crit rate when hitting behind and I can’t kill as fast as my new build does when doing boss rush. Sure it was impressive before when everyone was still poor but the sustained DPS coming from Running Shot isn’t scaling well against skills with already high level attributes.

I understand though, you might be that kind of player who want to invest on attributes late so you haven’t experienced what I’m talking about, not to mention, you don’t seem to have the class? It’s a hard way to learn but go ahead and test it yourself.

My previous build was Archer > QS3 > Rogue3. My new build is Archer > Ranger > Archer2 > Scout3 > Rogue1. I’m actually planning to make a guide for my 2nd build in the future because it has both bossing potential, field farming potential and earth tower potential. It would definitely shaken the whole meta for archers because it would show how Ranger C1 is enough, how broken Split Arrow is for farming and bossing with it’s synergy with a Pyrolinker and finally, Double Flare trick with Capture and it’s true AOE potential for Earth Tower with the help of a Cryomancer C3.

and

=

or

ps: In my opinion, as above, crt attack should be better, As I said in other topic. But thats for my build.

@Dream

Looks fun, do this guide pls.

:smiley:

1 Like

Phy atk is good for everything because even 1 hit high burst skills like Snipe has big modifiers, at Lv100 Attribute, that’s still 800%. Crit atk is limited to multi-hit skills + high DEX builds because it’s not affected by skill modifiers, only the tiered multipliers like damage attributes, etc. This should be a TLDR when choosing between phy atk and crit atk. Stacking both is the best obviously, just more expense.

About the guide, I’m still polishing it and preparing a teaser video.

1 Like

Thing with iToS iteration of QS3, it that korean R3 meta doesn’t work here, and QS3s RS is steadily good increase in damage, that will not fall of if this game ever advances to R8,9,10, while things like split arrow can. Also, doesn’t Scout3s Split Arrow is considered very strong for Field Farmin/Rushing builds even in KR, but its weak in ET and other things? Double Flare Shot with captuire is nice, but capture cooldown is too long to consider it a nice AOE thing honestly. I don’t believe it will “shake” anything, but maybe you’ll show us.

I think you’re misunderstanding a critical mechanic of Running Shot. It does NOT increase your damage outside normal attacks. It’s also a fixed 200% modifier added to your normal attacks with original 100% modifier becoming a total 300% per normal attack. This is forever 300% only per attack and would not improve anymore unless you have Didel Grand Cross which is it’s final saving grace at our current Lv280 cap.

I believe you lack more information on how skills works for you to say that Split Arrow CAN fall off. This skill can technically become a 2-way Running Shot eventually with Lv100 Attributes, but stronger in term’s of burst but comes with lower attack speed. Without taking the skill damage into account, the splitting arrows have 200% modifier by default, this is doubled by having Lv100 attributes becoming 400% per splitting arrow. Lv5 Running Shot is forever 300% modifier while Split Arrow can become 400% and at the same time, it hits 2 targets the reason why I say it’s a 2-way Running Shot. Taking the skill damage of Split Arrow into consideration, it becomes tons better compared to Running Shot. Ofc, you can consider the fact that Running Shot can get DPS increase from Quickening or Kneeling but don’t forget it’s still limited to just 1 target which is pathetic when you think about the zerg rush on Earth Tower.

Double Lv15 Flare has a very long duration already which is 25 seconds most enemies would’ve died by then. Double Flare isn’t my only AOE, I also have Feint+Barrage. If that’s not enough yet, I have a 0s cooldown filler which is my 2-way Running Shot AKA Split Arrow.

I’m not misunderstanding what you’re saying about it. But you also shoud consider some facts - i wasn’t talking about lvl 280, i was talking abouut Running shot at say, level 600. Lvl 600 weapons will advance to much higher damage numbers, but running shot will still be giving you this 200% boost at level 600, while lets say we can’t really know how Split Arrow wil compete with R8/9/10s skills. You can also think, that DGC is RNG based, but still its realisticaly obtainable, with Skill gem too boost running shot damage to 320%, while obtaining your Lolopanter Bow/Xbow as top weapon isn’t obviously happening in near future. Running shot is limited to 1 target, BUT QS3 obviously requires partying with ChronoLinker in ET, wich will boost its damage to 8 targets. I’m also currently lvling my QS via SR route for Retreat for some gimmich AOE, but still AOE, so RS isn’t a main source of damage for me, its also more like a filler between Retreat+Concetrated. I’m not calling your build as bad, i’ve honestly really interest to level my 3rd Archer with Scout( love thier costume xD) so your build really looks interesting to me, but still, its kinda strange that KR guys mostly says that Scout 3 excels only at farming things.
Also, as you’ve obv shoud understand, its kinda hard to believe, that even triple flare shot with chrono pass will out dps smthing like W3/Ele3s Frost Cloud also atrributed. We can also consider 100% atrributed lvl 15 crossfire spam from F3, yes it will drain SP pool instanly, but it’ll surely can be considered as some kinda of strong AOEing tool to, as its basically 300% modifier for explosion.

I can only say that you need to chug sp pots for split arrows. haha

I totally got your point, but isn’t the Split Arrow does 200% on the splitted arrows? so regarding boss hunt (1 boss target) how does it boost your DPS when the boss is receiving only the non-split arrow? Farming-wise its great since mobs besied will received 200% damage

Also, one thing i see is lacking the burst damage that Cannon Blast/Snipe can provide if you miss R7 class.

But then again, we are waiting for the sample videos and guide that you will post. :smiley:

Bossing is not only about Split Arrow. He got dobule Flare Shot that’ll add nice constant DPS as long as boss is standing in them, + you can’t negate Faint+Barrage 10 hit combo x3, this build is really, really good at farming anything, i’m only having troubles imagining it as superb ET or WB hunting build. Scout 3 buiild like that is really excelent at farming field maps/Boss rushing.

1 Like

You are definitely misunderstanding though. You don’t know how skill modifier + skill damage works. You really need to go back to learn the basics.

Split Arrow will forever scale like Running Shot because both has base modifiers, base modifiers takes their damage from your primary attack. Just that Split Arrow is better because it can become 400% and hits 2 targets at the same time while Running Shot is forever 300% and can only hit 1 target, it can only improve with Didel Grand Cross which has an absurd RNG wall.

Anyone can perform well when there’s a linker, QS3 problem comes in when those linked mobs are already burst to death in a split sec. You’re back to hitting mobs 1 by 1.

I’m not underestimating SR, Ele3 nor Fletcher3. It’s just that my build is optimized in a way that it can do everything while clearly NOT underperforming on every other aspects of the game.

When I said it will shake the archer meta, I’m only referring to Ranger C3 because everyone and their moms are overrating and going for it.

CBT2 tests. Damage isn’t optimized since it was just a test if the synergy will work.

When swapping weapon, there will also be a sudden lag. This can be very annoying.

After lvl 220, the AoE thing will become an important part of the game. You can see when people shout LFM, they often need some type of AoE DPS class.

I played QS3 as my second also, it is a great experience when you can almost one-shot every mobs outside of the dungeon. However, the high lvl mobs with 100K HP are not easy to kill with QS3. Furthermore, Running Shot does not have increase damage attribute.

Scout C3 is a very good class, I like it even if I did not play it. I may try in the future. I think it is a bit pain to lvl to Scout C3.

Does this mean Boss got 3 hit per Split arrow or just 1 hit?