Tree of Savior Forum

[Little Rant] How a Kugheri Symbani's Sword will make me quit the game

yeah, farming for 2-3 hrs, someone appear like a god, tell you: “this channel is not your, f*ck you”

and steal your drop

very smart system <3

5 Likes

thats because ur farming alone

the trick is to have many people farming the item

so that the dpk for that item is reached faster

it will benefit everyone even if it seems like it won’t

for example,

go on any map filled with bots and just start killing enemies

u’ll get instance clear vouchers and golden anvils like they r free

1 Like

At the moment (and probably until the end) I am back to grinding the hell out of Pokemon Go and the enjoyment of not having a full gargbage dpk hell system is so nice.

To be honest the grind in Go is longer and slow than in ToS. BUT. The grind is so much more rewarding as you get progress for every little thing you do.

Let’s compare “weapons”. Here in tos for endgame 315 orange weapons you have this bullshit maxiumum hate DPK system where others are your enemies and maximum unlucky people (like me) NEVER get something for the hard work invested. So you hate others on your maps more and more by days to collect your 40 to 100 ultra (rare) boring grind items.

In Go you can calculate about 300 candies and 150k dust to evovle and powerup a Pokemon to be a strong fighter. Every catch rewards you with 3 candies and 100 dust. Every catch. No rng, no excuse. Small numbers but those stack up. And everyone gets it. Which means I even enjoy grinding with people from opposing teams as in the end we get the same progress. Slowly but steadily.
And this, ladies and gentlemen, this is a good grind system.

Well well we are talking about IMC’s infinite retardness and stubborness. Systems like Pokemon Go grinds are bad which means the game doesn’t sell and doesn’t get revenue of course. Gatcha and DPK all the way it’s the only way.
■■■■ this.

8 Likes

Let’s play some dotes dude, games like these are not worth ur time at all. How retarded is farming hours for a material?

Think about it. If u spend hours and hours to get very little from this game, wouldn’t be better to just spend this time working and earning some dollars so u can buy stuff in game and get better equipment probably much faster? I mean if the game is designed in a way u get no fun at all playing it most of the time, what is the point right.

Dota 2 Epicenter finals is about to start. EG x Liquid LETS GO!

3 Likes

If I spend more than a week and 5 hours a day to do the same thing over and over, I could probably kill myself, LULquid btw Kappa 123

4 Likes

Cross post here. I am too really tired of the high dpk materials, it locks the player to 1 map doing 1 thing for long hours so that they wouldn’t waste their effort. Feels like a chore rather than a game where people enjoy playing.

6 Likes

Don’t quit, boycott this bad system

2 Likes

I’m tired too about this shitty DPK system and the Droprate.

This game is not more funny for me. Is a stress.
I give TOS 3 months. If Drop system don’t be better, I will quit after 2500+ hrs with no regret.

I can’t stand anymore. Without farm, a MMO game is pretty boring and nosense to play.
I wasted a lot of hours in the past day to drop nothing in HG.

Too stressfull, too tired.

9 Likes

Not only that.

It’s really an annoying situation right now because it’s either bugged and drop a lot of materials then you’re entering the bug zone, or it’s bugged in a way that drops no materials at all and you get a ton of blue and red orbs, there are some maps that the drop is normal but in general it’s just broken.

Most people around are advising against farming DPK materials for now. Plus we don’t really know if the DPK is really shared between channels or not now and honestly, being a player that farmed DPK for days and days non-stop I’m not willing to farm for long hours if the DPK is really shared between channels.

Not only you need to be geared to kill things fast enough but you also can’t protect “your” room if you’re farming if the DPK was channel-bound. On top of that there’s usually not enough people killing monsters for a map-bound DPK system that in theory should add more kills, instead, we have 2-5 people per map playing a lottery where the fastest player gets more tickets.

4 Likes

Yeah they did a really good job of getting a whole bunch of new people to play, level up characters, bring back old veterans.

All to make sure they get really pissed off when they try farming their first end game item, or get temp-banned for 5-7 days just for being on the wrong map at the wrong time.

And then having any items they did farm prior to the bug taken away, while leaving any bugged items on their character. Cause that’s brilliant.

Like opening the door and ushering in as many new people as possible, only to lock it behind them and set the building on fire.

7 Likes

I feel bad for this.

Just after 1 minute with about a dozen kills, item drops.

At least Telsiai has mostly nice and understanding players.

Next drop was an hour after :tired_face:

Bonus:

Ohoh I was farming in channel 4 during that time. Maybe that’s why I didn’t get any leafnut tail. = =+

(I got 2x yellow caro Antenna though, kind of feel bad too for those who are actively farming it, was farming mainly for leafnut tails)

1 Like

Oh god hahaha. This is why I limit myself to just 1-hour whenever I do this. Too punishing.

It’s almost like RNG but not really because it just means your hardwork went to another player, especially those who are able to clear pack of mobs very fast.

Also, I’ve seen people just passing by getting the drop. FML

3 Likes

Update:

total 1000 kills = 0 swords
total 2200 kills = 4 swords

Today RNGesus smiled on me after the whine. More than DPK it’s RPK…

Top-Down DPK means every monster has a chance to drop guys…it just increases gradually if no one does.

1 Like

Still blame DPK even though you already have a chance to get the item on your very first kill. Keyword is “chance” it means random drop. It also means if the item was “stolen” the chance is still there to get another item because it is random.

IMC should just remove DPK so people wont find something to blame because their luck suck. Good thing there is no DPK on mystical cube because for sure people will also blame that if it has a DPK system too.

Advertising:

3 Likes

Well thats funny because I kill faster than other people on that map and in droves since I can link with my FF. It doesn’t even matter if you raised the current dpk drop rate if someone comes along kills 10 mobs and gets your drop.

Just a note, Joint Penalty have 22s cooldown. When people says killing fast it isn’t about killing a group with Link+one hit and waiting 22 seconds to kill but more like, kill everything on sight with low to 0 downtime.

I continue to advocate for a RNG+DPK drop system. The RNG to allow at all times for the opportunity of the item which would make casually farming possible, while it also being fair and non-disruptive regardless of who is on the map. The DPK portion would allow for items to drop at a reasonable rate, especially in relation to there simply being enough supply to enter to market. Increasing the chance of drops based on kills compared to the current system could also help, but that’s just more random drops and I’d argue about just fully moving over to it.

This system, (RNG+DPK) would allow for a variety of options within the game. There could be multiple different ways to obtain equipment now. Some equipment could be made with the intention of farming a few, low chance drops, while there could be other equipment that works in the way @Nekorin described, requiring many easier to get items. An RNG+DPK system could accommodate both styles as well as a middle ground, and create variety in farming based on the equipment you were trying to make. Every item you were farming could be different, that’s the kind of variance a game needs.

Furthermore, RNG+DPK aligns with IMC’s development philosophy, while also being acceptable to players. IMC said it themselves in their interview, they want items to have a guaranteed drop point. I also speculate, IMC believes in a sort of challenge to farming, like they do with everything else. They want factors to be out of player control, they want difficulty to exist, which is why DPK isn’t personalized (among other reasons) and why it’s map based. RNG+DPK still has difficulty, and factors outside of player control just like before, but it’s form would be in chance, though DPK “stealing” could still be a possibility.

Finally, we should continue to be vocal about our discontent for the current system, and provide more feedback and suggestions. The more we do it, the more the Staff have to report with. @STAFF_Yuri mentioned to me how good, productive threads, like this one, do make a difference. Not only does it give the Staff more player suggestions to pass along, but it also provides and emphasis on where the game should go through sheer volume. I strongly suggest sending tickets as that’s an easily quantifiable number for the Dev’s to see: https://treeofsavior.com/page/support/ I can’t guarantee the Dev’s will change the system, but I can promise that this is the best method of doing so. Continue to criticize, continue to make productive posts, and do so because you want TOS to improve and succeed.

2 Likes