Tree of Savior Forum

Linker 3 Need HELP!

well i know chrono 2 is worse than chrono 3, but when rank 8 patched, i’ll take chrono 3…
for now i rely other chrono 3 for pass and other…
am I “acceptable” in a party?

and is it really matter if i choose pyro,cryo,or wiz2 on rank 2? isn’t it only for fast lvling in early lvls?

uh i read somewhere on forum that playing as support is sucks…
can’t get silver, no monster quest count even on party
is that true?

In the long run, it actually might matter if you plan to take either Pyro, Wiz, or Cryo in the future. But for now, it doesn’t matter as much (though Wizard 2 might be better than Cryo 2 so you can share the Surespell buff to other Wizards and potentially go Wiz 3 when new ranks come out).

Your build looks good, and you definitely will be acceptable in a party. Just know that if there is another Chronomancer in your party (rank 3), then your whole chronomancer tree is useless since their buffs will be better than yours.

But do not get Physical Link, and you should max Spiritual Chain so it lasts longer without having to recast. Physical Link is a bad skill. Also, you need to max Hangman’s Knot. Unbind is unnecessary, but if you really want it, do lvl 9 Spiritual Chain instead.

1 Like

You get money from Dungeon runs and guaranteed boss drops from those too, so you will not be dirt-poor.

But if you want a class for Farming and Boss Hunting, you have to look elsewhere. You should be making a merchant class for money anyway (like Alchemist), and people usually make dedicated farming characters separate from their main characters.

i read somewhere that monster can link also, and only unbind can cancel it… is that true?

surespell is "share"able thru link? o.o
does the wiz3 skills (forgot the name) also "share"able?

No, Unbind does not work on enemy nor on other players’ links. You can still get it though so you can prevent Joint Penalty Stacking. If you do get it, just do Lvl 9 Spiritual Chain and lvl 1 Unbind.

Surespell and Quickcast are shareable through spiritual chain, yes. QuickCast has a +50% dmg attribute which makes it really strong, but this attribute is not shared, only the +50% casting speed is shared.

Explanation of Joint Penalty stacking (credit to @elysium , whose linker guide is right here should you need it: [Guide] Comprehensive Linker Compendium)
http://puu.sh/nX0lu/29962d557a.png
http://puu.sh/nX0rC/f69ad57644.png

Source: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hu9Id97kht2YyuQxW0L7Kdneg1S-A-fZ4JDy6c973XA/edit?pref=2&pli=1

Great helps!
Ultra thanks! :heart_eyes:

Hi, I posted a build on tosbase the other day for a Linker3. It’s a semi-dps and a hard support class at the same time.

To give you a brief overview of what happens late game with the build you have:

1. If you want DPS, you’ll need wizard3 for the +50% magic damage attribute
  2. Pyromancer (even circle 3 pyro) deals little damage to mobs (normal spawns) in late game that have 100k+ HP
  3. FF is nice BUT you can’t lifesteal every mob in the game; it also has channeling skills which are very easy to interrupt without wizard2.
  4. By level 211+ every form of “efficient” leveling is done with a party
  5. Linker3 is gonna be demanded in any 211+ grinding party

Thus, my advice is not to solo in late game, MMORPGs are meant to be played with other people online. :slight_smile:

Hmm as for my credibility I’ve made several accounts in iToS:

1. Lv226 Wiz1->Pyro2->Linker1->Sorc1->Alche2
  2. Lv265 Wiz1->Cryo3->Chrono3
  3. Lv132 Swords1->Pelt1->Barb2->Squire1
  4. Lv29 Archer1->QS1

@iLinked
If you decide to go Linker2-Chrono3, I suggest taking Pyro1 for your R2. Not only can it solo better than the other choices, it also allows you to keep a boss under Joint Penalty by linking it to your Fireball (Icewall would just break fast). This is to boost Poison (Wugushi), Earth (uhh Cataphract…?), and Lightning (Krivis) damage by 50%.

why thau?
I’m planning wiz3>link3> and idk if i shud go chrono or not… (planned for rank 9 -> chrono3)

If you go pure int you can convert your 600+ INT into 600+CON, you can use your linker3 lifeline and give your entire party that much CON. You can never get that much CON as of today without Thau’s transpose. :slight_smile:

1. Pure CON at Lv265: You have 389 base CON

2. Pure INT at Lv265

3. Pure INT build after Thaumaturge Tranpose CON: You have 635 CON

That much extra points in CON also helps your DPS if you plan on going Animus, but there is a catch when you transpose all your INT into CON, you can read more about it in the build.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU FOLLOW THIS BUILD IF IT WILL BE YOUR FIRST ToS CHARACTER. It’s better to start this build once your main character has racked up enough items/silver to fund this amazing Wiz-Link-Thau. (Ofc, you’ll need a token to transfer the items)

IF YOU STILL WANT TO FOLLOW THIS BUILD BUT HAVE NO ITEMS TO MAKE UP FOR PURE INT. You have two options:

1. Place CON until you have between 40-60 CON without gear.
  2. Grind items to fund the gear you need.

And this gonna be my first chara… I hope I’m fine if following your build hahaha…
Great thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure no problem, it’s a non-meta build that’s still very good late game.

I’ll just warn you again that every time you transpose, your HP will go back to what it was before you had CON (less than 10k) so you’ll always wanna have a healer around in parties. If you don’t have a healer, just play safe and link -> missile them to death.

Very viable late game as not many players are even bothering on going linker3 meaning you’ll be a unique and useful support for your guild.

um one more thing about the con int status…
why Thau have 635 con with pure int build?
in your third picture it says "usable status point -164"
i don’t get it since i’m lack of knowledge of thau class
sorry

How about this one? semi support, let the summon skeleton kills the mobs and the linker keep support the party
and for the status, full con maybe (?)

I went from wiz > Pyro > linker > linker > linker > alchemist > alchemist. Stats wise I went pure int. I would like to point out that leveling solo pass 150 is really hard. To keep myself alive I have 3 part headgear which gives 600-700 Hp, and beetle back. I’m also planning to get a catacomb club to have more Hp.

Now moving on to the linker aspect, linker in my opinion, linker 2 is really enough after playing. Looking at reality, aside from monster linker, when u link party members with lifeline for party buffs. People mistaken it for physical link and runs like retards… I been in missions many time and have stumble across ed this issue many time. Also the buff sharing does not work well as intended. You will still need to cast for example enchant fire to have party members sticking point blank. I am also aware that there are buffs which can’t be shared unless used with link.

All and all, Henry wise it really is attractive, by when it becomes practical your link will almost always break. That’s my opinion.

The transpose skill of Thauma literally swaps your INT with CON. The picture was used as a demonstration/simulation of your stats after you transpose from being full INT.

Hi GenJen, you’re my friend in game LOL. Actually, your linker3 was one of the inspirations of my build. If you have Thauma’s transpose, you can technically keep your Max HP higher than that of a full CON build. That’s why it’s better if you level with a Cleric since they can keep your HP full while you clear all the mobs for them.

As for the people panicking, yes that happens, like when we were grinding. But I think once you coordinated with a team (in GvG for example) you’ll have no more problem with that.

You get a 10% int bonus per rank, Con doesn’t get that bonus.

When you use transpose, that Int bonus gets carried to Con, so you get way more Con than a full Con build would get.

How about this one? semi support, let the summon skeleton kills the mobs and the linker keep support the party
and for the status, full con maybe (?)

any comment on this build?