Tree of Savior Forum

Limit the number of Tokens a player can buy from Market per month

Hello, good morning!

The purpose of this suggestion is not to be another yet restriction to combat RMT.

The purpose of this suggestion is to try to open a discussion on how to prevent Tokens from having the market manipulated by a small amount of players and preventing Tokens from turning into “legal RMT” tools.

This hurts the population more than it benefits the small set of people on control of Token market.

It is a known fact that Token prices are raising in the last weeks and will probably keep raising gradually over time.

This as well could turn into an uncontrolled RMT-related situation (for example, RMTs and botters buying tokens in advance to prevent silver loss). This can leave even other effects such as the loss of Tokens when accounts are deleted and can affect the remaining player base because of a harsh silver sink and too low offer for a high demand.

Each player only need to buy around 3 Tokens from Market per month at maximum, there are no needs for more, unless for specific reasons. There are no cases where an active and legit player needs to buy more than 3-5 Tokens from market a month by himself.

@STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Letitia what do you think about the suggestion of limiting the amount of Tokens a single account can buy from market to 3-5 per month? Or maybe 1-2 per week?

This could deal without any harm to issues people talked about here:

Or this one:

Pointed by @Nirimetus in this post: Limit the number of Tokens a player can buy from Market per month

17 Likes

That, or allow us to 1:1 trade it.

4 Likes

I dont think this is a good idea.
It do not eliminate the problem that is botter and rmt.
Tos is already know as a limited game cause the so many restrictions that causes more damages to players than to botters.
More restrictions on our freedom of buying or market price playing is even worse.
At least.That is my opinion.

1 Like

I agree that there are too many restrictions but can you cite any example of situation where a legit player suddenly buys, for example, 6 Tokens in a month from Market?

All cases I can think of are more damaging than good. That’s the point of this suggestion.

I can think of some.
One i already see is player who see the oportunity of buying “a year” suply of token just cause he thinks the price is good.
Other is actually playing the market price to get more silver. Buying a good amount of it lowering the suply of token actually rises its price.
Its market and this happens in almost all mmos with markethouse.
And token is like dollar silver it actually have the best trade currency in money for silver, and because of the restrictions in trade is always needed.
So its the best item to make silver with money and to control this item price is serious business and even legit players can use this to gain more silver.

The thing is, there are people buying the cheapest ones and reselling it for higher prices, as that is not illegal, but it’s a pretty nasty way to cause more harm to a game that is dying slowly already, specially since the ones who are doing it, have lots of TP to buy even more from the shop.

As you said @Hitikiru the game have lots of restrictions, and it apply even more for who doesn’t have tokens, that also make new players to avoid the game as they can pretty much expend their money on less restricted games out there and have their quote of fun.

4 Likes

I see the actual problem on this behave but its an ancient “feature” made by experienced players to actualy “control” the market.
If its hurt even more the game there are better options to deal with it than limit even more players games

As soon as I get back from my vacation, I’ll buy all tokens from the Silute market, with the silver from my afk-skeletons-army.
I want to help @Nicola in this cause.

4 Likes

Also, buying a “year” of supplies from Market is something that at maximum would be done in a single month, 12*2=24 million silver, there are actually very few players who have the silver for doing this.

I totally agree with @Nirimetus. Also it is never a good idea to have a monopoly of Tokens/Premium stuff of a single or really limited amount of players.

There are no legit reasons for buying more than 3 Tokens per month for market, this is a great example of how bad it is:

@STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Max there is a clear example of one the issues I am talking about.

3 Likes

I’m buying for every single account I have, I do not see a problem

2 Likes

They need to make tokens not able to be traded or sold once bought off the market. I thought this was the standard but was recently shocked to find out it wasn’t.

3 Likes

Just a reminder, me and many others here, don’t expend money on this game, not because we don’t have, but because we find not worth to do so.

IMC know they went the wrong way, still doing the same old idiotic business model, and the result is our current 3k players spread across 6 servers.

Last month I expend $50 on PoE on a Pack, came with some items (cosmetics obviously) some CS money and I used the money to buy more stash tabs, nothing is timed and will be there till the game end.

That is a good model for business, bring lots of customers and you earn a good money from it.

That too would be a good way, but then again, people could simple buy them to annoy the hell out of others.

3 Likes

This is a good idea, also making tokens untradable would be good but, I do not think IMC will do something about it because in their mind the more they sell the better it is, no matter the side effects.

1 Like

I dont know by server but i actually belive that 24 milion is not that expensive…
And any average rich can get.
The richier players afk etc have already hundred milions.
For rich people is not hard to control an item price.
And on other hand for imc how much more an item that can only be originaly obtained is by tp gets his price to rose up is good.
Because even more players will buy tp to sell this overpriced tokens.
The bad side is become a pay to win…
But in tos state right now rmt is selling better silver per money than imc and this is bad for imc and for the game cause it causes players to actualy think of rmt as an option.
Dont take vaca for real cause he dont have what it takes to control silute token price amd even of he had it… as i said for imc is better more money in tp.
Its a two side story to see this tp price thing

What? Explain yourself.

Well… how i put this… i dont think u ar experienced enought to control the price over a real money item so needed like token in a server like silute.
Just this…

Alone, maybe not, but I have some friends who would be glad to try.

Corpse Hand was 500s to 5000s each with my help

That’s exactly my point.

It is never a good idea to leave monopoly to these people.

By farming materials to sell I got around 500m silver in a single month (could have gotten even more). An AFK farming player can make up to around 80m silver per month. If things are bad I can just get 4-5 characters per day to do dungeon runs or Saalus and sell shards to buy token in advance, I still have TP from GvG which I can use to buy if I need and all 7-days token from old events.

We’re not talking about us here, we’re talking about the entire iTOS. We can afford to buy tokens monthly without problems. But are we the only players that matters? How does lack of Tokens and only high priced ones affects the remaining player base as whole in your point of view?

3 Likes

As i said a can see the problem with this but there can be 2 outcomes to the server and new players.
With tp price rise. The more simple in silver player will have to buy tp and will be motiveted to buy more tp to sell token and receive some silver.
Or
It have the bad side of people like said already given up on tos cause thinks he doenst deserves its money.

These two situations is actually a reflect of the bad management… and its a situation we have to deal. But players cant pay alone for this bad management with no good answers from the devs that the game will be better.

I think you don’t get how things work, in real life indeed a small group of 3-5 people can’t do much damage.

But in a game things are different, specially since the money here is not real, so if 3 people start selling hanamming leaves for 10k, soon you will see more people trying to sell for prices close to 10k.

In Klaipeda, tokens where around 2mil last week, now they are around 4mil.

Things will go out of control, even if the market limit the pricing, put 1 unity of the item you want at time, in a group of 3 or more people, the system will start to increase the price by each unity till the target pricing.

The economy of this game is broken, for a long time, the system can be manipulated, the restrictions didn’t eliminated the RMT, but eliminated potential TP buyers, non in-game policing allow bots to run wild in isolated maps (from feretori hills and ahead you see armies of bots or some solo ones).

I also noticed that the market price limiting system is pretty bugged (or it’s a [Feature]), I tried to sell Pincers yesterday for the average price (190k each) and the system didn’t allow me to sell it for more than 140k each.

Now to the real world issues that affect every game…

How much is the value of Dollar in your country? I’m assuming you aren’t in US, but if you are, then take a look in some economy websites from other countries.

In mine, 1 dollar is 3x the value of my country currency, do you really think I would waste money on a game with all these issues above?

If a company can’t make their services available as much as they can to every country they are targeting, then things will get bad in business.

I’m not saying to lower the prices, but restricting too much will cause harm.

4 Likes