Tree of Savior Forum

Limit the number of Tokens a player can buy from Market per month

I agree with you, these two situations can happen, there are even more outcomes if you go into details.

To keep it this way A LOT of things can happen, but all of them are damaging. The only ones who can even benefit from it is as it is are players who can have them easily.

And there are no real punishment for anyone by limiting the monthly tokens one can buy.

I agree that it is kind of bad management. It is similar to the old boss monopoly we had before, “everything is fine” - because it was us who benefit talking. But if there was a lot of players complaining there was a reason, and it probably leads to bad design or something else and had to be dealt with. The difference is that “token buying” isn’t a part of active game content and won’t break an end-game feature like the boss debuff did.

The token issue is walking into a similar path of monopoly and I’m suggesting this to prevent it becoming a worse issue before it happens.

Lunar i like your suggestion.
I personally stack up on tokens too anticipating price rise whenever there is a “fair” price posted.
People like myself is probably contributing to the market rise , but at the same time as more silver is released into the game everything will tend to inflate.

Token price is a good marker of how “rich” everyone is. equipment price will vary depending on meta and new content releases but token will always be token.

If you want to invest, token is a safe savings account :wink:

1 Like

Meh just remove this crap token restriction system already…it was introduced to deal with RMT through direct trading but they seems to have given up on that idea and have soften the trades restrictions on market. Token now remains as a semi premium item that is used mainly for the extra dungeon entry or…abused for currency storage.

well i still think Token is required for the core game development… i mean IMC don’t have ANY ads or anything in the game to generate income.
I say token is one fair way to generate income to pay their bills. Putting market purchase restrictions on max. number per account is a fair way to restrict this though.

2 Likes

Clearly 1:1 trade could never work, like how many successful mmos have ever had 1:1 trading.

WoW, PoE, I don’t remember if Tera and GW2 have, Maple Story…

What you call successful?
Any game that have a 10k+ active population? <— that is counting from games with 1 to 20+ servers.

That is no excuse, and tbh, IMC is only losing money, but, if they are happy with pocket money, who am I to suggest something right?

Was being sarcastic lol, almost every successful game lets you personal trade and use the market freely.

7 Likes

I agree on the income part. However I personally feel that the game experience, especially player interaction aspect is very restricted due to the trade limits. I hope they try changing the token effects to something else that wont affect much game experience. Limiting trade/dungeon entry is really bordering p2w if token isnt tradeable. If I have to suggest what can be added, maybe something less impacting gameplay for example character sparkle effect, custom UI theme, unlock special costume slot, additional skill tree, increase max weight or etc.

1 Like

Any old players still here who already brought 100 tokens at 300k each? :grinning:

I know all these things are hard to take for some.
But that is like in all mmos "market control " is a thing.
If u think in investing your money or silver in the game whats is the item that no matter the lv cap. No matter almost in all case scenarios will have its price intact or else will be more valuable when u sell it?
The only one is token. It will always be needed.
With no more gbl tp prizes and the smaller tp buyers and more incoming silver everyday its normal that the price rises.
And as i said it can be a good think for imc for may income more money to tp.

As already said by many we have this fail token system where limits hurt more players than anything.

What needs to change are tos features not to add more players limitations

1 Like

There! thank you for saying this!
I agree with this 100%.

Just because someone controls the market better then you, does not mean you need to put more limitations on players.

2 things that destroyed our population are: Bots acceptance, trade restrictions.

LET US TRADE 1:1 with silver FFS, it is time to move to 2017

2 Likes

But that’s what I’m talking about, there are too many restrictions on not being a token user. If you make it harder to get or controlled by monopoly, there are too many bad impacts.

Blessed Shards, Blessed Gems, Lv.315 materials, Hunting Ground equipment, Lv.6-7 gems.

But like you said, there are nothing that you can resell for higher price, only Token thru market control/manipulation. Other things such as materials can’t even be sold again.

And my point is that Token isn’t a good thing for controlling on market. It gives too much more bad side effects (whole population wise) than good effects (limited). There are a lot of other ways to efficiently control the market on a few items and those are all fine.

Market control on Tokens could be good if the game was in a another state, but considering the current state, it does more harm than good and it would be smart to handle it before it turns into a totally worse issue.

I feel that 3-5 Tokens per month is pretty fair to prevent a big mess that can happen, I can’t picture anyone buying more than this amount monthly for legit purposes. You may like, buy 12 tokens once but that ends there, you won’t be buying 30, 30, 30, 30 over months. It hurts too much the remaining player base.

1 Like

U dont get it.
Any of this items u said will lower price or lost its shine once more lv cap is introduced or a new system in case of shards.
And all this items can “drop” so its just a matter of want to have it.
In token case its an all diferent system. Cause to monopolize it is very dificult with silver alone cause anyone can buy it with tp.
And overpricing it is damage to the buyer cause again anyone can have it anytime by just buying it with tp.

That is why control tp price is a 2 side edge.

In one hand the ones who just buy it with silver may suffer the inflate on price.
But the one buying token to rise its price can do it only to a certain extent cause anyone can have it with tp and no one can “farm” it.

There are people that actually makes their fortune playing with the market.and can lose its fortune the same way.
Its one of the fun features in games and in life too

1 Like

Token’s market at the moment only bring bad effects to population as whole. It is a complicated thing, its monopoly isn’t healthy to the game on its state because it affects too many other players, it turns it into a too harsh silver sink and something too hard to get. Also there are many ways it can go wrong going from RMT things to bots holding tokens. It drives players away more than motivate people to buy with TP.

Also, smart people making fortune on market use multiple items and multiple sources, if you’re stuck on a single item that means there’s something wrong. Especially if the item is a “premium subscription” item that everyone needs (turns into sort of RMT thing). The wrong thing could be simply the design or something else in the game, not the merchant.

As a Merchant in a game you should really take all the profit you want but that doesn’t mean your actions are all good even tho they are legal. Also, you need to learn to adjust your options to profit in case something changes.

Example: I farmed and sold all DPK materials I could early because I knew we would get this DPK->RNG changes one time or another. And I sold some remaining materials on market really near when the patch was announced.

Another example of profiting is reselling hats for higher prices when you find one good hat with a low price.

Like, for the merchant’s sake it would be way better to remove “Untradable” status from materials bought so you could resell them, just like they removed the Potential loss from equipment.

This is a bad restriction IMO while limiting the number of Tokens you can buy from market is a pretty fair one and solves more problems that can happen.

Also they could allow 1:1 trades without problems. They could also bring back the player’s shops in towns for the sake of buying offers outside market.

Also, it is a natural thing that items gets lower prices when there are too many around or new content is added.

Example of another game:

This item is priced at 100-200k range and I got it for 10k, I got 90-190k profit. This is how I made from 1m to 10m in that game over less than a month without even hunting, not from a single item nor with premium stuff.

Another example:

3 Likes

I understand your justice for all thought.
But think on one more think. Actualy generally only legit players have the 20 milion and up on one caracter or account.
Rmt and botters have their silver in multiple accounts so to then this limitation will be like trade limitation will hurt more legit players than ilegal ones cause illegal one will continue to buy their tokens.
And this way the token rise price will continue.

And more limitations will make an “old customer” to may be mad at the way he was making profit to be gone and go away as well

1 Like

Market parking sucks D:<

1 Like

Can you re sell tokens after buying them from the market?

Let’s apply your logic on real life for an instant, imagine a product you really need in your daily life, for work, for home, for studies, lets take the internet access for example.

Now imagine one of the companies behind that product winning the market and create its own monopoly, you will only have them to provide the service for you, and their plans are as follow:

• $50/month you have a link of 5MB/s and monthly consume of 5GB.
  • $100/month you have a link of 10MB/s and monthly consume of 10GB
  • $150/month you have a link of 15MB/s and monthly consume of 15GB

You can complain all you want, but that is what you get for those absurd prices since it’s their monopoly.

They are better at controlling it, they won and you lose lots, but still need them by the beginning and end of the day.

Now, imagine the same situation, and every single person who was their client cancel the service, what happens now?

It’s the same here, monopoly doesn’t make things better, don’t help anyone, be it directly or indirectly.

Don’t force something on others just because it’s a game, it’s not who is suffering at the end of the line that will lose, it’s everyone, who is selling and specially the company behind the game.

You guys keep looking at yourselves instead of the big picture, if the game suffer more loses, it will shut down, and whatever hard earned money, be it real or in-game currency you earned, will be lost same way.

I look at this forums every single day, catch a glimpse of some serious threads like this one, we argue, discuss the pros and cons of the idea, but in every single one of them, whoever try to counter argument some of the ideas is only looking at their side.

Coming here and brag or whatever you want call saying you are buying TP in bulks, no one gives a ■■■■ except the company behind the game, but if the game have no players, all that bulk you bought will be eliminated when they decide to shut down.

Money earned by selling items found is different from afkers.

RMT and bots are a plague, it’s the game company who have to deal with them, but as you can see, IMC don’t give a damn about it.

Afkers can’t complain about losing money, they aren’t even making an effort, also, a game company that give a way of afk farm is pretty idiot, take a look at Mu Online, the game is already boring as hell and they have a built-in bot system.

Same for ToS, the game have potential, but look at it right now.

This is why I was so against of releasing the game in this state, IMC is far from a professional game developer imo.

You can.

3 Likes

Actually, talking about hurting more legit players. That’s exactly what is happening right now |:

AFK farmers and others (excluding RMT/Bots then since I have no idea on their needs/working) forcing a price up on tokens affects way more legit people. Controlling Token is bad on most cases, other limitations doesn’t really justify hurting the entire player base for the sake for a limited number of accounts.

It would be actually better to remove certain limitations instead of allowing anyone to mess up Token market and directly impact the population.

@Nirimetus pretty much said everything and gave a great example.

4 Likes

This topic only demonstrates how people are insanely selfish.

- If I can farm a tousands of millions fo silver, everyone is also able to. Don’t mess with my token scheme

5 minutes later:

- This game is dying, no one is playing

See the point here? People love to contribute to the token inflation that hurts mostly beginers! So, i would love to read how a new player would like to keep playing ToS if he can’t manage to buy a token (a must have item for progression) until lvl 250+?!?!

Everytime people try to dedicate more time/effort on this game, something or someone put a barrier in their progression.

IMO, tokens could be sold only once then become untradable and also players could only buy one or two tokens per month. Monopoly it will only bring more pain to the community in the future.

@edit: grammar

9 Likes