Tree of Savior Forum

Leticia's Secret Cube Item List: Updated June 20

I’m not buying this D:

1 Like

If it’s the normal one, better buy it using silver in the market.

< exhausted anti-P2W text wall about long term population health >

2 Likes

The abrasives are not available except by buying cubes and the anvil takes an absurd amount of luck in a time limited event which will end in one week.

Also, why does everybody in favor of the cubes just assume the ones who are against it aren’t paying customers and unwilling to support the game financially? There are plenty of games who survive just fine on cosmetics alone and judging by the amount of TP costumes I see in game it would not be a problem at all to limit micro transactions to cosmetics and non-P2W mounts. I myself have bought a founder’s pack as well as several TP packs, but I will never support end game items and materials being sold for cash.

I agree with you that the current drop system is horrible and favours people no-lifing the game over people who have a life and job. But wouldn’t you rather have a better drop system than having to waste your hard earned money for gambling?

3 Likes

This. I’m really tired of people not seeing that this might be a short term relief for their frustration over an issue IMC seems too lazy or too greedy to fix, but will most likely hurt the game’s population in the long run.

2 Likes

I think IMC should give a clear explanation in separated announcement of what the Level 315 Recipe Box contains. Some people complaining for P2W and some others waiting to buy it.

BECAUSE WE GOT INFO OF 2 PRACTO ONLY RECIPE.

Better make an announcement before the misunderstand grows.

Yeah, I agree with you that RNG feels really stupid. I was never fond of gacha systems but I’m so used to seeing those in MMORPGs I’m not surprised IMC would want to do the same to make money. I’m just glad they didnt implement any cash-only equipments, like many other companies do.

I also wish they’d make exchange shop just for equips/abrasives/stat pot and take the costumes back to good ol’ TP shop, but I highly doubt they’ll ever do that. I have my complaints but I also understand that a company is gonna take whatever methods they find profitable. People are buying the cubes no matter how stupid RNG is, and they’ll probably keep buying it.

1 Like

In support of this decision. Thanks IMC.
You succesfully avoided a land mine.

And in turn I will support your game and Buy TP for this round of Leticia cube to show my appreciation.
Let those threatening on not buying TP due to the P2W avoidance have shame.
You have us good players that want a fair game backing you. So dial down on Pay2Win a bit more. I’m rolling the cubes for cosmetics. GIB RogueC3 Costume PRIES.

1 Like

When it takes weeks to grind the mats and that can be skipped by paying money its p2w.

Anyway this time IMC managed to piss off both sides…those who hate RNG gambling and those who hate dpk farming and just want the easy recipe. lmao.

Worst decision to make the recipe different from KTOS…

Why would people who work spend the money for a normal 3% chance RNG recipe ??

Unbelievable… so RMT is a better way ? 100 mil silver = 100USD ? confirm get 1 epic item you wanted.

Compare to

2000 TP = 3% and rng and need to farm mats ?

Do people realize ? even the farmers supporting P2win ?

1 Like

That’s the definition of P2W, dear STAFF_Amy

2 Likes

Realistic talk here.

The big deal is that it’s upsetting for players coming into the game to see things like this. First thing people ask me about when I’m suggesting a Korean game(F2P OR Buy to play) for them is what’s in the cash shop. And when they don’t have someone in the game that’s played for awhile they’re going to rely on the overly dramatic steam reviews which aren’t going to tell them the whole story. Yes, you can farm a token in about an 30mins-90mins if you get a max level character of the right type and depending on what events maybe going on. The negative reviews are going to be talking about mid level people struggling to crawl their way up with limited resources and worse limited knowledge.

Even when you’re talking about these stupid cubes. If you’re playing this game for awhile you’ve got a few 330s and know how to farm. In a couple hours a day… You’re going to net all you need to get yourself a proper weapons and Transcend one to the point that you’ill largely trivialize the content in the game and gutter stomp R9 when it comes out. So cubes like this… Yeah they largely don’t have a major impact on established players besides pissing them off. But new players will see it. And they wont join the game because of it. Especially when they see old players turning the drama up to 11 when they drop the negative reviews.

Realistically you are looking at the metrics. You know what it takes to roffel stomp your content. But your community is flipping out and it’s stopping new players from joining the game. It seems like a no brainer to me. Customer is always right and realistically don’t you have more to gain by growing the population? You’d have to test our events and patches more thoroughly. But the way you treat the game right now you act like you have stupid small market but people love your game and they love it when you actually get around to making improvements. Combat revamp was a huge success you damn near doubled your population. But then you f’ed it up right after with the DKP bug patch. And now you’re piling on cash shop items the community does not want on top of that.

4 Likes

What they gained with rebalance, they’re losing it with Leticia’s cube. But heck, IMC is free to boycott itself, at this point, who cares anyway…

3 Likes

^not me, but it sure as hell could :expressionless:

the customer isn’t always right or not stupid :unamused:

at least you moved those filthy et resets to B-rank, pretty frustrating if you get 2 of those in a raw… and if its a normal 315 recipe…why isit in rank A then? dont fill it up with junk if the chance is already this low. i want a refund btw!!! >:O

you can get free abrasives from uphill, lv 3 gems drop like candy in timery.

If you look from 3rd perspective.

Non-paying player:
Pros: They get to enjoy the full content of the game, battle bird. They have time to grind for end game items basically they dont have to work.
Cons: Certain items like Exp tome, Battlebird is exclusive only to TP shop.
IMC: they not getting revenue to sustained the business, server, employees, all unhappy. eventually led to slow development of the game, server lag and finally closure of game before of low revenue or loss of income.

Paying Player:
Pro: They get items easily by spending cash, able to play with their friends without grinding much. But still equal to non-paying customer, doesn’t provide extra buffs or special stats over non-paying customer
Cons: work in real life in exchange for virtual items.
IMC: happy buyer, happy seller, some salty.

P2W is, if i can use money to buy a overpower equipment which a non-paying customer couldn’t.

P2W is, i can buy a +100 orange weapon, while you can only max +25 because you are not paying.

P2W is when token cannot be traded or sold at market

P2W is when a cash player appear in TBL, you will scream P2W.

How is the current systems, when you can use time, or trade bless shards, practos, for materials to make 315 orange weapon without spending any cash.

4 Likes

if your definition of taking a shorter time to get equipment, is the same for exp tome.

exp tome, only available from TP shop / compensation / event rewards, these easily give x300% exp which greatly reduce your time to level. They should removed this as well, because its P2W.

If what you all said is true, this is P2W.

i can afford USD 1000, after i roll, i get a 2 practo recipe.

i made the weapon, i spam all my diamond anvil, im still the max +25 orange 315 weapon, which most high end players have. how is this p2w, i can’t have any superiority over the non-paying customer. this feels like a hoax. telling me its p2w, in the end, those not spending cant be at same level with me.

For non-paying players, they can grind, trade, farm, scam abit, exploit some bugs(abrasion) to get enough silver, buy materials to make 315 orange weapon, buy diamond anvil on market if someone selling them, still make the same +25 orange 315 weapon without spending any single cents.

Someone spends 500$ a month using it all to make fast silver in-game, the other player pays nothing. Both players spends an equal amount of time.

What would you call that casher?

There is a party looking for dps 1 spot left
Both these players wants to join, who would the party prefer? The casher with obviously alot better gear, or that f2p?

This can’t be p2w advantage at all. Nop

2 Likes