Tree of Savior Forum

Let us discuss the "Fan Art Event"

First of, my post is not related to this topic, but i feel compelled to post here asking this:

Why isn’t there a post like this about what is really important? The game itself.

Also, first time I see one of the staff talk so much in the forums, but for something irrelevant to the game.

Sorry artists out there, I’m not dissing your hard work, but some things need to be put blunt for some people (staff in this case) about the important part we are already tired of “hearing” excuses about.

4 Likes

Seriously? That’s really what you staff do to name “winners” for artfest? Gosh, then that’s our fault for not figuring out it’s not "contest"but a random picking festival? :expressionless:

That’s such unacceptable even more now.
For the solution or something, next time please list ALL rules out, or else you’ll hurt the feeling of not only ones who put much efforts naively but also ones who named “winners” randomly.

Bro, that’s the worst excuse ever. Are you sure you don’t just think about it right before you type? :expressionless:

9 Likes

This leads to some people asking for votes on social media, complicated on how to deal with.

iToS Art CONTESTFESTIVAL in a nuteshell.

@STAFF_Yuri
Of all the art fest that I’ve gone to, at best they were mostly open galleries where everybody can appreciate others works. There wasn’t any set of winners, everyone that joined got some sort of consolation, they only gave awards to ‘best in ‘X’ categories’ and such.

Not a contest labeled as a ‘fest’, where winners are from darts being thrown blindfolded.

Imo, you guys can just
-give all that joins the next event 30tp ea
-and only two(staffs and players choice) 300tp
-top 10 artworks gets to be loading screen( top 5 each from staff & player choice)
-the top also gets ingame title base on art event theme

IMC should ask Maggi to judge

2 Likes

@STAFF_Yuri also, if it’s all impossible to deal with number of art for load screen code. Would it be possible to pick more winners, let’s say 40± winners and for each week you rotate between 10 load screen images?

@Cipria told it before, I didn’t see xD

@STAFF_Yuri also, on “let people judge fanarts”. Is it a good idea to have an application for previous artists (not just winners, everyone who participated, or at least something greater, such as any artist who ever posted fanarts in that section) to vote?

It could even be a separate forum section with read-only access to world (or just hidden) so that only people who applied can vote and discuss on results?

1 Like

OMG. Shame of you IMC, shame shame shame…

2 Likes

A bold approach, picking more enlistee and making rotate.
Suits well to idea of festival. Would require a bit more time to prepare but it would work.

But there is other issue. That if the blind test is possible for Art Festival?
Wouldn’t they recognize the picture by their style? - well this will become issue when they try to review the candidate who they know.

1 Like

Suggestion (mix of some above):

1. Entries are not submitted on the forums, but uploaded somewhere and re-posted with user names removed.
  2. GMs remove any rule-breaking entries
  3. Top 5 user votes win (people’s choice)
  4. GMs and previous winners pick another 5

Also yes, I think the rule about utilizing in-game screenshots/assets should be removed, and I think vectors/traces should be policed more if possible.

10 Likes

I wish art contest was twice a month. But I don’t know if there would be as much people doing it to fill the 10± picks, without thematics.
Man… so many godlike art out.
I wish there was more art contest, pvp arenas open all day long, “are you a robot” question every time you log in, unlimited dungeons entrys, double/triple exp events, TP via wings of vaivora, silver trade, monster invasions, class reset voucher quest.
Stuff like that.

plus: Magic penetration for INT

1 Like

True. What I thought was something, maybe too utopic… The idea was to let the public vote but as a closed group.

Pretty much a forum section where artists discuss on each other’s work and give votes, comments and “why this one” or “why not this one” by themselves… but, could as well become an issue anyway.

I like @Csiko post but on 3. people choice I still think that a closed group is better than for anyone to vote. Not sure on the better way to define this group.

2 Likes

If it’s blind, I think it’s okay though some styles are very recognizable…

1 Like

I said that about switching arts per week >< some recognition pls xD

1 Like

Yea I would suggest the closed Entry upload too, since real Art contest are like this and theres also previous Winners who are in the Judges!

Cause what u cant see it before u wont feel be upset after the result out, not mentioned the fanbase or promotions for the threads …

I myself participated 3 times now out of 4 since Christmas one rlly got upset and depressed but well still … try to come up with an Art which I do for myself :smiley: Did also a lot other Scribbles … and ya seeing a similar Idea with Maggie Arts on the News Post is also nice one roflol

Then I want to Point out the one Thing > sry but the stalking part on a pic rlly creeps me out … regardless how much nice the Arts itself can be > Ty I got this now on my Loading Screen for like weeks U_U

Anyway Much Love for ya all on Valentines Day coz ya dont let it ruin it :wink: :heart:

(oooh boyaa only works on White Background hue huee Q_Q since rip Programm)

IMC says this is not a contest but a festival art and winners are randomly picked YET same people wins consecutively. are they really that lucky or this is just a reason to hide their BS :smirk:

4 Likes

I think it’s important to have different types, levels, styles, ect of winners when it comes to fan art. It’s also nice when there’s a small sentence or two about why a piece was chosen. Like “we really liked the simplicity of this fanart” or “everyone thought this was really clever/funny/cute/whatever.” Because art isn’t just about the technical aspect of the work put into it. And there also needs to be diversity in what’s chosen so that artists from a wide variety of styles/backgrounds are selected too.

14 Likes

Is anyone else baffled about how many threads we have about various issues that hurt the games playability and get no replys?

But one guy makes a bitch thread about losing a art competition and it gets addressed the next day.

And on a side note the art piece being criticized for using in game assets, i happen to love, its adorable.

9 Likes

So winners were chosen randomly huh ? I laughed…

Since there are rewards you can’t use RNG to pick winners on a Art Festival. Or better do an ingame lottery so litteraly anyone could participate.

You wanted to do a Festival, fine, but by giving prices and not telling us you were using random to pick winners, you made it a Contest. I guess our misunderstanding is due to a lack of informations : /

Anyway, I’m wondering, don’t you have a Game Artists team at IMC <_< ? Or at least graphists to be judges ? It would make it much easier if profesional artists with a real sensitivity to arts techniques could judge artworks.
I mean, some works have really strong, clean and well-thought composition that a common person can’t even appreciate.

That’s why, imo, letting everyone vote is a mistake. It’s gonna turn into a popularity contest. It happens every time on Facebook Art Contest. The more friends you have, the more easily you’ll win. And that is soooo bad for fellow artists.

Peace, I’m out

10 Likes

LET MAGGIE PICK!!!

6 Likes

Learning that the winners were based more on RNG actually makes me a little upset. I wasn’t before- but that would have been nice to know up front…
I guess that’s all i’ll say on that front since many have already said what I would.

Also in the rules clarify “problematic and debatable” more. That could be a number of things.

I like many of the new voting ideas, however the only problem with letting it be voted on with non-judges is that already popular artist can easily get votes with social media. Also people could bribe. But with the winners being picked at random anyways, I suppose trying your hardest to get votes would be more effort.

I say if you want users to have an impact on who wins, make it 2 or 3 will win based on popular vote. Not all.

3 Likes