Tree of Savior Forum

Let us discuss the "Fan Art Event"

✓ Game mascot
✓ Logo
✓ Anime-ish style

2 Likes

this could be a good start. but as judges are we also allowed to participate or not?

depending on the answer to that, it might eliminate the need to prevent previous winners from winning the next contest, but not necessarily preventing them from participating in the succeeding ones after that.

From this art piece I can genuinely feel that you’ve emphasized the plight of the popolion species which are being killed on daily basis and are being threatened to the brink of extinction. It was a good touch hinting at the viewers the need to find alternative ways to grind early levels than resorting to senseless murder. I feel that the popolionman next to the beautiful woman is a subtle metaphor that suggests to the viewers that the idea of “Beauty” lies with an individual’s own perspective and this idea further reinforces that one’s possibility to find true love with a beautiful woman exists regardless of how you may appear in real life. The gentle sunlight that shines on the protagonist is a sign from the heavens, telling you, the viewer that sky is the limit and to never stop pursuing your dream love life. The white flowers portrayed in the surrounding seems to be a symbolic metaphor that symbolizes naivety and youth, the courage to face endless possibilities. The color white which generally is associated with the whiteness of a blank sheet of paper eludes the viewers into thinking that love is like a blank piece of paper which can be dyed and drawn in many color of your own choosing. Overall I feel that the artwork is inspired from works like Beauty and the Beast which may garner interest from the potential target audience of younger generation that may see the subtle connection and gain interest to try out this artwork which is published by imc games as noted on the top right hand corner.

7 Likes

Lol this looks like a 10 minute copy paste job, and whats up with the two blessed gems floating at the sides…

1 Like

hmmm… i think that’s quite detrimental if winners are the judges…
Lot of hands pointing at each other and another thread of unfair… another drama? Maybe vote anonymously? or pick top 20 and we do dice to pick winners randomly?

Votes tho. it’ll turn into a popularity contest cough cough FB here and there cough

4 Likes

Hmmm you have a point… won’t judges be popular vote too? >< so impossible atm… do you think it’s just better to just weigh all this to imc? every directions have pros and cons…

2 Likes

Since the winners are 10 random artists and not all will want to judge, they should be more impartial than the common forum population (specially with how many trolls and alts can be created here)…

I think it would be more fair and alleviate the pressure from IMC… which beg the question…

How many staff members participate in the judging @STAFF_Yuri?_?

is it always the same people and same #?_?

1 Like

I am fine with something like if 10 were to be selected (for whatever constraints) let IMC pick up 5, let previous art contest winners choose 4( voluntarily) and last one be chosen by remaining players.

It probably means nothing since it comes from a random stranger on the net but I thought your artwork was beautiful.

@STAFF_Yuri

Hi! I have a suggestion, why not have categories for winning?

Since you guys pick about 10 winners, it would be easy to categorise them accordingly.

Example:

1. Original Fanart (5 Winners)
  2. Fan art using images from game (5 Winners)
7 Likes

Let’s be real, most people are offended because they can’t get the 300 FleeTiPi.

Seriously though, I’m really sad for some people, the art is just amazing and you directly recognize who is who or where it is happening.
It’s okay not to “slander” the work of others, but you already do it when you choose a 30 min drawing over another who took an entire day.

In competitive term, winner means better, it’s not fair nor loyal towards the playerbase to pick art with less effort (which you guys encourage) just because it’s said to fit better the loading screen.

5 Likes

Neat idea! so our submission be more specific!
We submit with the category we choose to compete with…

1 Like

The purpose from beginning was well, like the name of event states, The Festival. So we thought to give full random pick at the beginning, but we thought might to be giving a little nominating process could making this better. Like mentioned above, This suppose to be a Festival, We didn’t intend to give serious judges. And more, I don’t think we have right to judge someone’s work.

In fact, if this process and events keep hurting someone. Not as the Festival as we intended. It would be better to call off.

But, before making such radical decision, it would be better to how to improve current situation first.

5 Likes

That would be also a great Idea, like Hall of Fame right?

Calling off a contest just because it couldn’t be handled properly is not a solution. What will happen to future contests?
Rather since you have created this thread for suggestions, try to pick few suggestion for example what @DarkNova gave, or any other suggestions which you can implement and do a contest based on those suggestion.

if you intended to random from the scratch, just change the rules.

It is no longer a contest.

2 Likes

That is correct, so I called it “Radical Decision” Yes, I also collected the Ideas too. I hope we could get more Ideas to cover all areas.

not a contest, a Festival.

1 Like

:crying_cat_face:
oh nooooo…

you deserve better