Tree of Savior Forum

Let us discuss the "Fan Art Event"

its IMC’s work now you cuck.

Yeah we have to clarify this since there’s been an incident on it already. particularly one that made some guy rage on gen discussion. lol

exactly, it’s pretty much plagiarizing Maggi’s work and submitting it as your own entry. but who knows.

next time I’ll try softer than this… (ฺbut I thought I would never join again lol)

40 Likes

dont bother they’ll cuck you, they don’t want quality.

4 Likes

you clearly need the help based on ur submission

you could make more money freelancing with the time you spent in there compared to the prize.

5 Likes

she already is actually

2 Likes

let me see your work then? :wink:

Okay, basically… using is not prohibited, as long as it’s in the “Copyright” and Legal boundaries you are okay to use and upload. If you used without effort or ideas …It self is fine as long as if that is in the LEGAL boundaries. BUT if someone do so, there will be really low possibilities that us to nominate him.

But this also could be fixed as many ppl asking to change.
The reason why I open this Thread is to hear out as many ppl as I can to improve the Fan Fest Rules and make it better.

2 Likes

As much as I hate to be the one White Whale’ling. I’d like to argue it from a marketing perspective.

As beautifully drawn as this artwork is, I feel like from the marketing team’s point of view it lacks many things. The fact that the characters portrayed here looks much more realistic than our characters on Tree of Savior which looks chibi makes it bad for marketing the game to potential new players who may look at the art and never make a connection that it’s an artwork inspired from IMC’s game. For none gamers it may as well be an original fantasy artwork.

Yes the costume is from the game’s TP shop but that is but a single connection to the game portrayed in the beautiful artwork. I’ve listed others that are missing from the artwork when compared to the “winner”

As you can see all the artist had to include was more obvious connection to Tree of Savior, the target audience should have been focused at the potential future customers of IMC that looks at the art and consider downloading Tree of Savior. In that respect, the winner does IMC the intended justice by using ingame models to create a stronger connection to the game which is a chibi top down rpg. For the above artwork to have won, all he/she needed to do was cater to IMC’s needs (eg. Chibi? or anime style proportions, cuter face over realistic face, IMC related items be it ingame model or drawing of game assets)

That’s my 2 cents anyway. I personally think the artist did a wonderful job.

9 Likes

wow I just got heavy deja u from that like…

like I have read it before :confused:

:3 there a more honest version of your post uhuhu

@IrisHeart good point…

thanks, Staff Yuri. I still feel like it’s in the gray zone.

if Effort is actually putting a bunch of NPC art together and placing a preset Adobe filter and texture on top of it.

Irist makes a good point from a marketing perspective.

1 Like

Yes indeed this is definitely a work of art! And The winners all did tos related :slight_smile:

that’s the reason this thread exist :smiley: to move around in that grey blob area and find a comfy place where all can hug and cuddle in peace…

sadly not everyone can be please and so far @fujiwari list covers the best options from this thread

1. It dosen’t need IMC’s logo until it’s under their ownership.

2. Realistic body proportions? This isn’t an issue at all… Have you seen Maggi’s art works in-game? Obviously not.

3. REALISTIC FACIAL EXPRESSIONS? Again, maggi’s art.

4. Not making a connection if you’re a random viewer, this doesn’t even make sense.

5. There dosen’t need to be IMC mascots, have you seen the other entries?

7 Likes

I have to…argue a bit here. While the ingame models are moe, stuff like “realistic body proportions”, incredible detail work, soft colors, nature/plant themes etc. are just as much within the stylistic boundaries as uhh the moe highly anime stuff other people put out.

I personally think that this person’s piece is much closer to the official artwork than others. i.e.

And that’s not even mentioning Froth’s piece, which gives a beautiful top down view of one of the three cities, utilizes the game’s muted colors, and still incorporates an anime style and an obvious confession-type romantic theme.

10 Likes

So it seems like I missed some of the great artworks of artists! Maybe we all can submit in one thread? (Like how i created that sharing art thread?)
Some of you posted the day before… and its hard to click every single one…that way no one is missing out

Add a few popolions and there and this art would make it to #1 :grin:

6 Likes

Warning bro