Tree of Savior Forum

Let us discuss the "Fan Art Event"

If there is a price given to the chosen (the winners) then it’s a contest. If the price goes to everyone who participate or there’s no price at all, then will sound like a festival to me, cause that really will encourage to anyone to join.
Maybe that should be the rules next time, and no one will be “offend” for the works picked to be in-game. Like I always say and repeat, that’s my opinion and point of view.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m with you that I do prefer minimum artists’ work rather than soulless submission, but to make this event available to larger group of people, something needs to be done. Of course this doesn’t mean ALL artist will give up and never participate ever again but staffs have to make a standard first, which is pretty much what we’re discussing rn. else, just go full RNG. because people will b1tch about how biased the judges are anyway.

great artist already use the fan art section to express themselves for free and cause they love it…

this, but I’m not talking about an artist who already made art for free just because they love certain something. I’m talking about an artist who devoted themselves because they thought it was a contest, which it isn’t. ( It’s their own fault, I know )

1 Like

You could have just made this your first post and this thread wouldn’t have been this long. Maybe when you have similar events in the future, put these prominently on the details.

Also, why is the staff even so active on these matters while all other more pressing issues are left in the backburner? You guys remind me of that band that kept playing music onboard the sinking Titanic.

You guys should be very alarmed at the new low this game has gotten into. Maybe start with being MORE transparent - you already know what the most important issues are so tell your players what’s holding you off or how far are you into solving them (not the mostly BS promises and useless crap in your dev blog). Is revenue becoming an issue that’s hindering progress on things? Tell us FFS.

ps @razeo_ryuno @linhmbl @ponachan @mimiru88 @winterfeuille @LavaCake @bephilops @black_rabbit @murbish @damiankaizer90 and those I missed to mention, you guys are still winners for me!

8 Likes

that will only make things more contest-like, which I think it is a bit too problematic.

the lack of information given to community is always the IMC thing since the very beginning, no surprise.

ps. I’ve seen you a lot in TBL, didn’t know you also play tree of forums :hushed:

Went on hiatus again on this game for about a month now. Just checked the forums again to see (or should I say to get disappointed at) the art event results, specifically at how they chose the winners (not saying those who won didn’t deserve it).

Yours was one of my best personal picks. :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

not having someone win because their artstyle is different from the game doesn’t make sense at all. If the point is to make art that matches the game’s, let MAGGI do them herself. we have to be fair and allow people to win for their effort, and what the deliver no matter the style.

(I actually just wanted the title lol, but I wasn’t aiming to win anyways)

How random is the art selected? if you guys give us more, we can help shape the selection a little better. I thought that maybe’d be a good ideia to have five judges or so pick their 10(or more) favorites and then come together and decide from those they picked, who the winners would be.

from what I understand

Staff grabs all the images they find > select the ones they like the most > randomly chose 10 from the ones they liked…

2 Likes

that’s how i understood it as well.

Time for little gather up the Ideas.

So until now the major idea is "poll by the users"
But this was also the concept we thought from the beginning.
We didn’t do it because… like we mentioned above, that vote could be rigged

1. Manipulating Vote
  2. Also, there is no limitation creating Forum Ids. <- This would be the biggest problem we could expect.

The one man, or multiple ppl who have the purpose to manipulate the vote, against the general idea of the festival, such as the piece itself.

Well basically the same issue repeats all the time, it could compromise discrimination of the vote itself.

But anyway, what you want do matter.
We have quite a debate and discussions are done.

Now it’s the time to put our decision on the road.
Time for put to poll the Idea.

I will create the Thread with the Poll, you could continue the discussions there too. And I would love to see that happens.

Making things better and better.

So the Polls would look like this.

1. 100% User vote
  2. User vote + Staff vote (the details could discuss later)
  3. Voting doesn’t fit well, we should think the 3rd way
  4. We should need better Idea, I don’t know … yet
1 Like

And… about the Idea that Devs or Maggie involve at the Festival.
Well, if we do that this could be way bigger event than this.
Something really serious, which I mean “The Contest”

I think we should consider this as the other totally different event.
So, I must postpone to that idea, for now.

If we have much more requests, we should consider about it, but not now.

3 Likes

Is Maggie that busy creating lewd dōjinshi of ToS :3 jk

ah!! things escalate more and more…

I think the “leave it how it is (aka staff chose 10 at random)” option should be added to the poll…

also, what about the rotation idea, could the festival stay as it is and include rotation but no prize…

and have the prize apart for a more serious vote base actual contest…

1 Like

These two could still be a problem, some mentioned it earlier, the most popular one would have a more or less unfair advantage on the mixed/user-only vote, don’t you think?

How to prevent that, I don’t know. Maybe it has been mentioned earlier, if it is, sorry for that.

Yes, that would be our one-meter flaw at the Death Star.
With the poll, I hope there is another discussion could be made.

3 Likes

30 min drawing? mine is little more than 30 min drawing but not over entire day 0-0. I made an effort to work on something I enjoy but at the same time be smart to balance my free time. I don’t think my effort will be any bigger just because I choose to take a week on drawing 00 I like working fast, at the same time have a decent quality of work~ 300TP? first person PM me, I’ll buy you one headgear (only tradeable) or any artist out there who desperately just wants to win for TP but Honestly i like the title xD

1 Like

late reply, but thank you!
glad to here you like my work, I really appreciate it :cry:

1 Like

Sorry if the sarcasm wasn’t as obvious as it seemed.

1 Like