Tree of Savior Forum

Let us discuss the "Fan Art Event"

Or you can actually get one of your Art team to evaluate work and vote. Someone that actually studied art might be a good start. Telling the community you picked winners out of a random draw is a spit in the face to the artists regardless of if this was a contest or in your own words a festival. Please choose your words wisely.

12 Likes

STAFF_Yuri is the only one in the art team PogChamp

Well, it’s just 300TP and a title that we “rent” from IMC anyway. Why the anger, people calm down lol.

It’s not like we draw it because we want that 300TP so desperately … As long as someone like it then it’s fine. (Although we had a paired artworks which should had been picked together, sad)

IMC might well just show case the rest after the Valentine’s patch period if people want to see them in game, or just compile an archive so someone can grab them, like old days “Gallary” tab in Home page.

ITs a contest since theres Price included and ONLEH choosen ones /o/
If it is a Event like or such then yea everyone participate would get a Price like the In GAme Events \o\

1 Like

Staff_Yuri already clarify that this entire event IS A FESTIVAL and NOT A CONTEST.

Soo Soo truee D;< other staffs are Invis on the Game bugs every then and there and also when u got In GAme probs theres mostly no GM around …

1 Like

There is no point in an fanart festival(lol) if you just pick random arts …seriously? NO POINT!
We need a JUDGE !
Let’s the crow vote for what they want to be loading screen and staffs choose 10 of those arts.

And next time pls, pls, pls ,pls pls, pls ,list all the rules.PLEASE.

p/s: OMFGG IT’S jusT RANDOMLY CHOSENwinners mygod. (sorry, don’t mind this. Just my feeling)

2 Likes

sorry that I didn’t get it >.< that’sa probably because I really believe there’s some tendency by them not choosing semi realistic art due to noy “fitting” wih the cute game idea

the idea is that they could come together and take turns explaining why the ones they chose should make it. and when everyone agrees, they come to the final ten (or so) winners. But it’s best,as suggested, that someone who is familiar with art or an artist themselves to do that , as they can recognize the effort and execution of techniques and stuff

well i’m here just to post this

Welp another issue fo art thievery. orz
//im glad i replaced that one… with Froth’s

4 Likes

Petty semantics. Just like I said. :sunglasses:

It’s enough for me. I don’t want them to take my art reluctantly like a loser. Although I’m not a winner but I can make many people feel regret lol :heart:

4 Likes

waii i didnt want to imply anything, i really liked your piece > < so i kind of… sneaked it in my loading image directory o u o b

/gets slapped

3 Likes

This is the 2nd person that tries this as far as am aware

PD: hate typing on cell

this topic was solved imo by @Rabbit

I think it’s important to have different types, levels, styles, ect of winners when it comes to fan art. It’s also nice when there’s a small sentence or two about why a piece was chosen. Like “we really liked the simplicity of this fanart” or “everyone thought this was really clever/funny/cute/whatever.” Because art isn’t just about the technical aspect of the work put into it. And there also needs to be diversity in what’s chosen so that artists from a wide variety of styles/backgrounds are selected too.

@STAFF_Yuri not sure if this is a good idea or not. But users who did plagiarized their submit for the Fan Art Festival/Contest should be suspended from participating on next Contests (at least for like 3-6 months) as a way to prevent this from happening as well because how serious this behavior is legally and against the event rules itself.

2 Likes

Tos claimed in the rule that plagiarism is not allowed so they held no responsible. So if someone did plagiarized with proof, they could be in serious lawsuit… xD not just getting banned anyways… glad this was taken care of. Community is so scary xD “everyone knows”

1 Like

Am I still not allowed to slander if the person stole the art?

1 Like

You know i always knew the forums would snap one day. Just never expected it to be over a art event.

2 Likes