Tree of Savior Forum

Let us discuss the "Fan Art Event"

(I actually just wanted the title lol, but I wasn’t aiming to win anyways)

How random is the art selected? if you guys give us more, we can help shape the selection a little better. I thought that maybe’d be a good ideia to have five judges or so pick their 10(or more) favorites and then come together and decide from those they picked, who the winners would be.

from what I understand

Staff grabs all the images they find > select the ones they like the most > randomly chose 10 from the ones they liked…

2 Likes

that’s how i understood it as well.

Time for little gather up the Ideas.

So until now the major idea is "poll by the users"
But this was also the concept we thought from the beginning.
We didn’t do it because… like we mentioned above, that vote could be rigged

1. Manipulating Vote
  2. Also, there is no limitation creating Forum Ids. <- This would be the biggest problem we could expect.

The one man, or multiple ppl who have the purpose to manipulate the vote, against the general idea of the festival, such as the piece itself.

Well basically the same issue repeats all the time, it could compromise discrimination of the vote itself.

But anyway, what you want do matter.
We have quite a debate and discussions are done.

Now it’s the time to put our decision on the road.
Time for put to poll the Idea.

I will create the Thread with the Poll, you could continue the discussions there too. And I would love to see that happens.

Making things better and better.

So the Polls would look like this.

1. 100% User vote
  2. User vote + Staff vote (the details could discuss later)
  3. Voting doesn’t fit well, we should think the 3rd way
  4. We should need better Idea, I don’t know … yet
1 Like

And… about the Idea that Devs or Maggie involve at the Festival.
Well, if we do that this could be way bigger event than this.
Something really serious, which I mean “The Contest”

I think we should consider this as the other totally different event.
So, I must postpone to that idea, for now.

If we have much more requests, we should consider about it, but not now.

3 Likes

Is Maggie that busy creating lewd dōjinshi of ToS :3 jk

ah!! things escalate more and more…

I think the “leave it how it is (aka staff chose 10 at random)” option should be added to the poll…

also, what about the rotation idea, could the festival stay as it is and include rotation but no prize…

and have the prize apart for a more serious vote base actual contest…

1 Like

These two could still be a problem, some mentioned it earlier, the most popular one would have a more or less unfair advantage on the mixed/user-only vote, don’t you think?

How to prevent that, I don’t know. Maybe it has been mentioned earlier, if it is, sorry for that.

Yes, that would be our one-meter flaw at the Death Star.
With the poll, I hope there is another discussion could be made.

3 Likes

30 min drawing? mine is little more than 30 min drawing but not over entire day 0-0. I made an effort to work on something I enjoy but at the same time be smart to balance my free time. I don’t think my effort will be any bigger just because I choose to take a week on drawing 00 I like working fast, at the same time have a decent quality of work~ 300TP? first person PM me, I’ll buy you one headgear (only tradeable) or any artist out there who desperately just wants to win for TP but Honestly i like the title xD

1 Like

late reply, but thank you!
glad to here you like my work, I really appreciate it :cry:

1 Like

Sorry if the sarcasm wasn’t as obvious as it seemed.

1 Like

Or you can actually get one of your Art team to evaluate work and vote. Someone that actually studied art might be a good start. Telling the community you picked winners out of a random draw is a spit in the face to the artists regardless of if this was a contest or in your own words a festival. Please choose your words wisely.

12 Likes

STAFF_Yuri is the only one in the art team PogChamp

Well, it’s just 300TP and a title that we “rent” from IMC anyway. Why the anger, people calm down lol.

It’s not like we draw it because we want that 300TP so desperately … As long as someone like it then it’s fine. (Although we had a paired artworks which should had been picked together, sad)

IMC might well just show case the rest after the Valentine’s patch period if people want to see them in game, or just compile an archive so someone can grab them, like old days “Gallary” tab in Home page.

ITs a contest since theres Price included and ONLEH choosen ones /o/
If it is a Event like or such then yea everyone participate would get a Price like the In GAme Events \o\

1 Like

Staff_Yuri already clarify that this entire event IS A FESTIVAL and NOT A CONTEST.

Soo Soo truee D;< other staffs are Invis on the Game bugs every then and there and also when u got In GAme probs theres mostly no GM around …

1 Like

There is no point in an fanart festival(lol) if you just pick random arts …seriously? NO POINT!
We need a JUDGE !
Let’s the crow vote for what they want to be loading screen and staffs choose 10 of those arts.

And next time pls, pls, pls ,pls pls, pls ,list all the rules.PLEASE.

p/s: OMFGG IT’S jusT RANDOMLY CHOSENwinners mygod. (sorry, don’t mind this. Just my feeling)

2 Likes