Tree of Savior Forum

Let us discuss the "Fan Art Event"

The purpose from beginning was well, like the name of event states, The Festival. So we thought to give full random pick at the beginning, but we thought might to be giving a little nominating process could making this better. Like mentioned above, This suppose to be a Festival, We didn’t intend to give serious judges. And more, I don’t think we have right to judge someone’s work.

In fact, if this process and events keep hurting someone. Not as the Festival as we intended. It would be better to call off.

But, before making such radical decision, it would be better to how to improve current situation first.

5 Likes

That would be also a great Idea, like Hall of Fame right?

Calling off a contest just because it couldn’t be handled properly is not a solution. What will happen to future contests?
Rather since you have created this thread for suggestions, try to pick few suggestion for example what @DarkNova gave, or any other suggestions which you can implement and do a contest based on those suggestion.

if you intended to random from the scratch, just change the rules.

It is no longer a contest.

2 Likes

That is correct, so I called it “Radical Decision” Yes, I also collected the Ideas too. I hope we could get more Ideas to cover all areas.

not a contest, a Festival.

1 Like

:crying_cat_face:
oh nooooo…

you deserve better

No don’t call it off! I don’t know why but the previous art contest didn’t seem to be a much of a problem. It’s just this one valentine’s day event. Maybe a time of emotional peak ;D This event made me get to know artists beautiful works!

correction: festival

Okay, you made yourself clear enough. there’s no point for this ENTIRE topic we discuss anymore. just close it already.

Wait it’s random and not based on merit…?

Hall of Fame is usually used to commemorate the top prize winners, and the list will always be present for people to check.

My idea for the category is so that people will not cry injustice when they see work of different mediums competing with each other. In the art industry, there are a lot of different mediums (eg, painting vs sculpture), and people submit their artwork accordingly. :smiley:

3 Likes

I disagree, I have read some great ideas and yuri has responded to all questions or most of them as best as can…

this thread deserves to stay open so more people with actual ideas and improvements can come and make themselves be read and prob make a difference…

1 Like

they said they’ve had an internal vote
they said it is entirely random
vote? random?
they contradict themself real hard

internal vote
aka staff_yuri just picks his faves

1 Like

So, Its like

1. checking for Problematic, Debateable one
  2. Nomination process - pick as many pics possible.
  3. Random. pick ±10
1 Like

And your opinion is based on…?

1 Like

Man, there’s no need for a restructuring of the event then. It’s a festival of artworks. For appreciation, and community interaction.

We were just arguing the whole time cause some kid was butthurt about the results of the Festival.

6 Likes

Based on the fact that you are the only staff member who seems to be working on this event, I don’t see any other staff members chiming in

It feels like a lottery to me

accurate enough xD

it’s more about trying to prevent more butt-hurts than anything else…

@STAFF_Max @xEarlx misses you…

totally not me , you can continue drinking coffee or post…

1 Like