Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

leaving the old gear like it is.
Actually you can do it right now, just get varna and dont transcend it, just anvil and socket it.

All above piled up with:
Cards (Of which 80% are bloat and unusable)
Legend Cardsā€¦
The Assister System
Arks
Headgear
Attributes
Arts (Ooopsie, you are class locked now! hehe)
Arts: Enhance (You are now banished to play only 1 character forever if you have a life)
Seals (Of which all but Boruta ones are bloat, 1 year+ of boruta btw.)
Accessories
Other stuff iā€™m forgetting.

Pair all this with 90% of maps aside from the last 4-5 that come out each year being bloat, empty and skippable. 450 levels (with the first 300 being less than bloat) that could be compressed into like 100? (little digression here but, canā€™t they just repurpose like 70% of the maps to make end-game content? Canā€™t they just repurpose for high level the 10 or so normal field dungeons that no one ever visit?)

I can list an endless amount of things that for ME, a veteran player, make this game full of bloat that could be cut/repurposed/recycled, and at the same make the game a NIGHTMARE of information for a new player.

6 Likes

I will lower the level of this discussion to yours: you can wear a level 1 weapon

dont let all that long wall of sugestion go to waste by barking at wrong tree here.
Go email them (translate to korean first) to E-mail : contact-us@nexon.co.kr

7aniki

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

View ignored content.

1 Like

go on, tell them directly to Ktos developer, no need to hold back, be useful, dont just all talk no action
contact-us@nexon.co.kr

I donā€™t get why you would be that antagonistic with someone

1 Like

Just ignore him, he always pick a fight with everyone

antagonistic? i dont feel being one. I just dont want to see all that long wall of your sugestion to make tos great again, all of them wasted fallen to deaf ear of itos developer, instead you better tell them directly to ktos developer.
contact-us@nexon.co.kr

Thatā€™s a fun topic to discuss, leddo it.

I think the only way to address it is either shorten the variance between rarities or remove it altogether and work only with (not randomized) secondary stats and effects. Make them different for each rarity with the higher ones being more appealing, and thatā€™s (likely) good to go. It was way less frustrating when i could chose to not have the ā€œbestā€ equipment available because the lower rarity counterpart had stats more suitable to my character.

Remove, it brings more issues than benefits. The value fluctuation is too high and they canā€™t design content that takes into consideration both extremes.

Gems could be reasonable if they either had a lower leveling cost or some way to mitigate the removal penalty (perhaps allowing it by dismantling equipment), iā€™d say the first is healthier on the long run. We could also get rid of socket opening process, it isnā€™t an interesting aspect of equipment customization at this pointā€¦

They needed rework since day 1 (rather, some stats do). It was visible from miles away that a big pool of stats was way less effective than others, itā€™s even worse now with cards that have overlapping scaling, but are just better.

Iā€™ll just ignore that thing existsā€¦

Iā€™m clustering all these because they could be a single thing. Set effects have the baseline weakness of requiring pieces to gain effects, and that alone locks the equipment transitioning, it would be fine if it was just some stat loss but the extra skill is usually too good to get rid of midway. Geez, if we only had a standalone equipment piece with a progression system to do the job that became stale, to the point of being readded as a second version, due other design decisionsā€¦

Unbind it, give players the ability to pick whichever effects/skills they want and remove the hard restriction on set and skills, along killing boruta as the only valuable seal. Instead of this dumb system of limiting seals to type and class you just make it into the skill, like Sauk Seal or Kraujas Seal (and ark can be incorporated into it as well). Of course, theyā€™d need to find a different reward for boruta, but thatā€™s a different story.

That said, i think itā€™s nice to have fixed equipment set effects (like lolopanther/solmiki), but they should have low impact as you already get the value on equipment alone.

The most boring equipment featureā€¦ Yay, a new stat to my collection of other statsā€¦

I appreciate the idea of ichor, but thatā€™s it. It would be healthier for the game to have a system in which you can increase the equipment level (even if only temporarily, like 1h effect from player/class enchanter? shop) so you can get higher base stats and keep your secondary stats/effects. Iā€™d rather have to pay up X and be able to use ANY low level equipment for its secondary effects than have a limited selection that IMC releases and have to go through getting it and process it before i can use it.

I said it on announcement, ARTs is a mistakeā€¦ They donā€™t have their class design on point to try a move like this and the system itself isnā€™t flexibleā€¦

These are actually fineā€¦

Saved the best/worst for lastā€¦ If the game stat check was designed around the safety limit (and the other points were addressed), the idea of anviling would be fine, as the only way to directly increase the equipment base stats and have some variance between players. In this scenario it wouldnā€™t be as painful and toxic to cycle through multiple copies as you donā€™t have as much commitment, it will still suck to have your equipment wasted by anvil but it ainā€™t nearly as bad if the system is plug and play.

Anviling becomes more stressful the more hurdles are added to equipment enhancement, remove those and it may become a reasonable system. It still needs a lower cap thoughā€¦

6 Likes

I think it would be better if ALL equipment started as just normal rarity, then you could upgrade it all the way up to unique or legend, gaining stats and bonuses that actually FEEL GOOD in the process.

7 Likes

New legend grade savinose is viable in any content or speciality in each theme?

I see only armor unique specializations content
Is that right?

I hope IMC can add to the BS NPC in fedi an option to transform old legend to new ones ā€¦ with the fast transition of arms ā€¦ so many savi and solmiki at inventory/storage rotting ā€¦

2 Likes

If IMC will follow all the suggestions here, the game would be deader than it is now.

Seriously, IMC do need to improve a lot of things. But half the suggestion here are for your own selfish benefits.

Youā€™re my hero.

Sorry but you donā€™t actually seem to realize where the problem stems out. To have a meaningful mid-tier gears, you also need to slow down level progression. The fact that anyone can have a maxed out character in a week is what makes a lot of older contents useless. IMC is already giving access-tier gears in the form of Kedoran and Ep11 Savinose. Also, itā€™s not true that they are afraid of ramping up the difficulty, there are hundreds of players who still end up with 0/5 for Legend Moringponia every week.

Regarding multiple upgrading systems, you have to realize that this is a free to play game and these upgrades are meant to frustrate you and create value to cash items. Yes, people buy cubes for the costumes, but by making the consolation prizes(anvils, sockets, ichor kits) valuable as well, it gives more incentives to gamble. And like you mentioned, Anvil bonus isnā€™t even great compared to the amount of the resource it takes for +21, itā€™s meant to keep the whales busy.

Also, you are complaining about the game being a CM arcade but you want to reduce the ways you can upgrade your strength? The less variety there are in upgrades, the more will players grinding the same content. Itā€™s honestly a mistake that IMC added blessed shards and tome pages in goddess event gacha instead of introducing/re-introducing contents to reliably farm them.

2 Likes

There are many games where different tiers of gear exist past the maximum level.

Yes, but in turn this made it difficult to release new content without angering the playerbase.

I want the maps to feel unique or gimmick in some way. Maybe with drops that feel iconic like the past? Making stuff drop globally is a lazy way to design maps. I want to remember 2 years from now about that week when i farmed ā€œthe mighty pistol of mr. poopā€ that has a unique effect from a specific monster. Optimizing my gear for a purpose i choose, having to weigh what map is the best for something.

Going back to the latest content.

If that content ships, all future armors will be forced have % bonus damage as a set bonus.

And this only happens when the highest tiers of gears have extreme rarity or something that only the top 5% can achieve. In a sense, you can say that +11 Varna and +1/2 Boruta Seal are merely midtier equips, and the real high-end equips are +21 Varna, +3-5 Seals, Karaliene, and the new Arks.

IMO, IMC is stepping in the right direction for creating different equips specialized for different contents. But I would argue that it would be better if the materials for these items are found in various contents or maps instead of being streamlined CM/Legend Raids.

Uphill and DCP content does not justify the existence of that set even if they scale it. The reward system and the mechanic need to be reworked to be its own sub game.

2 Likes

I would also argue that making a piece of equipment that says ā€œyou do more damage in content by x%ā€ doesnā€™t really make a player feel smart about their build decisions. It just feels forced/streamlined.

Soz for wall of txt :tired:

6 Likes