Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

I’m looking forward to more QoL changes that make all of players (active, returnee, and new) feel comfortable enough to play in any time possible (long gameplay time, short, etc).

It’s okay not to make gap between long active players and new/returnee players small enough (especially when it’s about PvP), but please do consider using RNG-based character growth system (such as Archstones, Vaivoras, etc) as minimum as possible. Keep the RNG only for cosmetics kind of things if possible, as players wouldn’t mind to splurge bit of fortune to look fashionable. Also while we’re into fashion, please do reconsider to make hair dyes become accessible for all characters in the team.

I noticed that players rather left the game because they “aren’t lucky” enough and got bored because they got stuck behind the progression wall. EP 12 Dysnai equipment alongside with Vaivora ichor & set stats are good additions. Recent Event Ark is by far the best decision to encourage all players leaping up that progression wall and make them slowly making their way into high-end gear possession.

incomplete Karaliene set would’ve been better in my opinion. While the ark does provide a notable jump in some cases, it’s by far the least amount of investment hindering progression, and only a real improvement in case the person in question did not get his quest ark first and put some resources into it for a stage boost.
And since the developers already knew that in about 4-5 months, arks will be heavily discounted to craft, it feels more like a lever to keep the people playing rather than a freebie with some lifetime to it.

[Event]Incomplete Karaliene(unable to advance into Karaliene) would have solved two problems:

1. RNG and investment reliance to progress to Karaliene would’ve been thwarted, it would’ve become possible to save Tel Harshas scorched valuables for new players in case RNG isn’t on their side but they wanted to increase their gear with something that isn’t provided by NPCs via main quest
  2. accounted for long-time players who haven’t built their accessories and instead built their arks and armors first;
    The overall investment is similar, because it costs the same two Arch Stones, but it would have solved the problem of the power gap opened by the content and recent changes (for example the weekly boss raid defense boost from 160k to 520k on KTOS,soon to hit iTOS,the introduction of Giltine raid and Res Sacrae(hard) that needs Karaliene to even participate).

:satisfaction:

Something they should have done from the beginning on every item…

Ashaq Prison is back, together with Marnox. Cool. From the old Demon Lords, only Zaura is left behind now.

The only problem is that you can’t complete episode 13-1 until you’re level 458, which is stupid, so perhaps remove that restriction first? Every other map allows taking quests that are 10 levels higher…

1 Like

Incomplete Karaline would act as a band-aid only, especially with people who have a lot of characters with different playstyle (physical vs magic vs healer vs summoner). Whilst Ark can be reused again and again even though later on you already got your choice of Ark with lv 10 as well. Also making Ark really depended on RNG or hell of grind/farm (I would say it’s around 1 month to get single Arch Stone?).

It’s all about trial and error haha.

Prolly the best way is to keep the restriction there, because it would let players actually minding their level and their equipment in check before going on the end-game raids/contents. Although it’s a bit shame I cannot share Relic to my other characters below 458 lol

That’s the stage 3 event ark.

Ark isn’t working much better here. In fact it is worse, since the value of the ark depends heavily on the build,rather than just the attack type. My build for example has the ark damage (Divine Retribution) set at about 1/10 to 1/15 of the total damage in WBR. Other builds that have lots of high SFR burst damage skills would probably be able to benefit much more from the same ark.
However, all physical builds benefit from the Karaliene Pyktis set.

You also tend to forget that there are far worse hurdles like random stats/ichors/weapon types, so people will mostly have split between physical and magic player anyway,meaning the choice of the type is overall less relevant than in the case of the ark. That said, not being able to progress the ark is far worse (looking at you,free Swift Ark) than not being able to progress a free incomplete Karaliene set because unlike the ark, incomplete Karaliene already has a decent chunk of progress in terms of base stats and set effects, reducing the lack of a Karaliene set to a mere inconvenience.

1 month is an understatement. It’s closer to two months or more. 1-2 fragments per week (including the one you can buy from the silver you earn through CM/DS) is the sad reality. However, by the time you can graduate from the quest ark, you will already have a lot of resources to upgrade it to stage 5+, and +700 extra attack/magic attack is probably a lot more helpful than any amount of additional SFR triggers on a character with close to no attribute investment/arts investment.

To go back to the initial issue: I wonder how they will create more classes now, because with the current changes, Cleric will lose the most classes, thus requiring immediate focus to create new classes for the class tree prior to any other trees receiving any new classes for several years.

Rough translation of the ktest Enchanter changes.

New attribute: Magic Collection
-When attacking with Enchanter skills (other than Energy Absorption), gain [Magic Essence] buff at a chance. (Skills which deal multiple hits will only give 1 stack)
-[Magic Essence] can be stacked up to 3 times, max duration 40s.

Energy Absorption:
-20s cd, 1 OH
-Applies [Magic Absorption] debuff to 1 target.
-[Magic Absorption] deals damage at certain intervals.
-When dealing damage to the debuffed enemy, the caster receives [Magic Increase] buff.
-[Magic Increase] buff can be stacked up to 20 times, and each stack gives +1% final damage to Enchanter skills.
-Skill Factor 1111%+185*(skill level-1), 1 hit per second.
-[Magic Absorption] debuff duration = 5s
-[Magic Increase] buff duration = 30s

Enchant Bullet:
-35s cd, 1 OH
-Fires enchanted projectile in front. Additional projectiles are fired at 5 enemies near the target.
-Skill factor at lvl10 = 5115% x5

Energy Eruption:
-30s cd, 1 OH
-Attacks multiple targets by spewing magic energy in front.
-Skill Factor 2180%+362*(skill level-1), 3 hits.
-Target number = 12

Enchant Field:
-40s cd, 1OH
-Creates [Magic Field] in front of the player. Enemies inside take damage.
-Skill factor 2893%+482*(skill level-1).
-Deals 1 hit per 2s, 6s duration. Max targets = 8.

Fragility:
-35s cd, 1 OH
-When used, applies [Weakness] debuff to nearby targets. Targets with the debuff take damage at regular intervals.
-Skill factor 1927%+508*(skill level-1)
-Deals 1 hit per 1s, 10s duration.

Enchant Sharpness:
-0s cd, 1 OH. Can only be used once you have 3 stacks of [Magic Essence].
-Consumes the 3 stacks, and increases final critical damage of your and your allies’ weapons.
-At level 5, increases final critical damage by 13%.
-Buff duration = 15s.

Enchant Rounds crafting attribute = deleted.
Fire Enchant Rounds crafting attribute = deleted.
Ice Enchant Rounds crafting attribute = deleted.
Lightng Hands = deleted, replaced by Energy Absorption.
Agility = deleted, replaced by Enchant Bullet.
Enchant Weapon = deleted, replaced by Energy Eruption.
Enchant Gloves = deleted, replaced by Enchant Field.
Enchant Earth = deleted, replaced by Fragility.
Over-reinforce = deleted, replaced by Enchant Sharpness.
Enchant Armor shop = stays the same? (I’m not sure)

All info is from Bong’s recent video.
Also besides Enchant Sharpness and Enchant Bullet, I have no idea what is the max skill level of the other skills.
One thing is for sure, the ‘stacks intern’ had a field day making this rework.

7 Likes

One thing’s for sure, IMC was faking a lot of things when they said Enchanter was becoming physical thus making it a fit with Scouts in Re:Build. The amount of times I saw Magic on these new Enchanter skills … clearly Enchanter never lost its Wizard roots.

:haha:

Heck, I just realized IMC haven’t implemented Common Classes yet, right? Making Enchanter into a Magic class before it even leaves Scout, talk about counting your eggs before even getting the chicken … JK this Magic wording is probably just a label and that the typing itself (Physical/Magic/Etc) changes according to how IMC wants Common Classes to work.

1 Like

at a percentage as follow
Level 10 Skills = (10 + SkillLevel * 1.5)%
Level 15 Skills = (15 + SkillLevel * 1)%

One thing i will say… THEY HAVE WAAAAAY TOO LONG COOLDOWN

A test run of SR Ench Thau to test their dps roles. They all have maxed 30 arts
dont ask me why the translation sounds like its offending someone, ask google

1. Basic Attack
  2. I think its enchant bullet or energy eruption
  3. Ceremony of Birth
  4. I think its enchant bullet or energy eruption
  5. Thau Field of Change
  6. Limacon Arts
  7. Energy Absorption
  8. Thau Sudden Change
  9. Energy Absorption again?
  10. Enchanter Field

is it just me or the skill set look really bad. Final crit damage buff come once every 20 seconds and only 13% at that, the skill have decent SFR but way too long CD, given how most skill these day have like 25 seconds CD max.

The skill set of every class affected by the changes looks pretty gruesome, I don’t think these classes that have been changed so far will have any impact to be a viable option for new builds on other trees.
It’s probably fun to play these classes together, but there won’t be any new meta rising from that anytime soon.
We’ll have to see what will happen with the next badge of classes (not the Clerics, but there are still some classes left in the pool like Alchemist,Squire,Sapper,Hunter,Nak Muay,Wugushi and Templar), at least in the case of Alchemist,Squire and Templar they can only become better overall.

The new class trees would look like this:

Swordsman: Highlander,Peltasta,Hoplite,Barbarian,Cataphract,Lancer,Hackapell,
Doppelsoeldner,Rodelero,Murmillo,Fencer,Dragoon,Matador,Retiarius,Blossom Blader (15)

Archer: Quarrel Shooter, Ranger, Fletcher, Falconer, Cannonier, Musketeer,
Mergen, Matross, Tiger Hunter, Arbalester, Arquebusier (11)

Scout: Assassin, Outlaw, Shinobi, Rogue, Schwarzer Reiter, Bullet Marker,
Ardito, Sheriff, Clown (9)

Wizard: Pyromancer,Cryomancer,Psychokino,Sorcerer,Necromancer,Elementalist,
Sage,Warlock,Featherfoot,Runecaster,Shadowmancer,Onmyouji,Taoist,Bokor,Terramancer (15)

Cleric: Miko,Chaplain,Paladin,Crusader,Exorcist,Inquisitor,Zealot,Monk,Krivis,
Druid,Sadhu (11)

Common: Dievdirbys,Plague Doctor,Priest,Pardoner,Kabbalist,Oracle,
Rangda,Thaumaturge,Corsair,Enchanter,Squire,Linker,Templar,Nak Muay,
Pied Piper, Appraiser,Hunter,Chronomancer (18)

3 Likes

playing new game every update IMC gives, nice

5 Likes

Yes, you’re right. Appraiser, Piper, Rangda, Enchanter, Thaum, Linker (maybe Chrono and Corsair too, I’m not sure) now all take whichever attack is your highest as their attack type. Also the attack property of the class’ attacks depends on what weapon you have equipped. For example, they say that if your highest attack is subweapon and you are using a dagger, the Enchanter skills will all be Physical+Pierce type.

Now the question is, what happens if you use a staff. Makes me wonder if it will be Magic+Non-prop or something weird like Magic+strike lol. Of course, they are not common classes yet, so there’s no way to test.

Thanks, I had not seen these percentages before. And yeah, I agree with the cooldowns being far too long for the damage they deal…

As expected, these classes are weak, but this feels too weak…
And some of these are just plain weird. Such as thaum dealing rng-based dmg thanks to its cooldown reset mechanic, or the linker skill which increases final dmg by 40%, with 10s duration 3min cooldown lol

Thaum and Enchanter are basically new classes with an old name, they barely kept any old skills. Now I’m really curious to see what in the world they will do with the healer classes. :haha:

So… it seems that the bases of choosing the general classes is more like:

1- Shop classes: Oracle, Pardoner, Enchanter, Squire, Appraiser, Alchemist

2- Buff / Debuff oriented classes: Dievdirbys, Plague Doctor, Priest, Kabbalist, Rangda, Thaumaturge, Linker, Templar, Pied Piper, Hunter, Chronomancer

3- “Generalist fighting style” i guess: Corsair, Nak Muay, Wugushi and Sapper.

Welp… some of those classes can not get worse than currently…

Totally not a jinx.

My biggest fear turned out to be accurate, they really made damage skills into pure damage skills… I guess they don’t want people to ever play support. One single pure party buff and five damage skills… Not a single damage + buff skills or damage + debuff skill.

I guess if you have the ability to enchant ONE THING you can be an Enchanter. Current Enchanter is boring but at least it fits the theme… Goddammit…

Stack and DoT interns had a lot of work this patch.

3 Likes

Now they realized and another bandaid.

Lose all the support except final dm that’s short live.
And the 15 sec final damage seems a lot worse than over reinforce value for scouts.
Hmmmm.

I guess all the classes that turn common class will become boring class
Also SR got another huge nerf for no reason, gg.
QS running shot benefit the most from these cuz the damage stand alone is stronger than limacon.

If common class is gonna be this ■■■■, I’m just gonna stick with arablester cuz archer will never get nerfed like dark wiz.

Haha, I fear for Nak Muay who’s (presumably) becoming a Common Class, but even if Nak Muay becomes bad after becoming a Common Class, it affects little for me since I can just not take Nak Muay. All it means is that the only thing future updates has for me in terms of gameplay changes is the fact that I can now freely use 2 Vaivora weapons due to the new 4 weapon slot change, that’s all (which is a shame).

Did IMC ever clarify if Common Classes are a 4th class advancement or are players still stuck on the 3 advancement class structure? Anyways, still going to hold my judgement, though Common Class candidates look to be off to a bad start so far. I think there’s plenty of time for IMC to change things, IIRC Common Classes are being implemented on July?

Their presentation chart from the livestream seemed to imply them as part of the 3 advancements you already have. Adding more classes to your build and forcing them to be common classes on top would be quite stupid in my opinion.

2 Likes

is the class even good? I always hear players asking for buffs, it’s probably in the same desolate state as Monk.
Truly brothers without arms.