Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

My biggest fear turned out to be accurate, they really made damage skills into pure damage skills… I guess they don’t want people to ever play support. One single pure party buff and five damage skills… Not a single damage + buff skills or damage + debuff skill.

I guess if you have the ability to enchant ONE THING you can be an Enchanter. Current Enchanter is boring but at least it fits the theme… Goddammit…

Stack and DoT interns had a lot of work this patch.

3 Likes

Now they realized and another bandaid.

Lose all the support except final dm that’s short live.
And the 15 sec final damage seems a lot worse than over reinforce value for scouts.
Hmmmm.

I guess all the classes that turn common class will become boring class
Also SR got another huge nerf for no reason, gg.
QS running shot benefit the most from these cuz the damage stand alone is stronger than limacon.

If common class is gonna be this ■■■■, I’m just gonna stick with arablester cuz archer will never get nerfed like dark wiz.

Haha, I fear for Nak Muay who’s (presumably) becoming a Common Class, but even if Nak Muay becomes bad after becoming a Common Class, it affects little for me since I can just not take Nak Muay. All it means is that the only thing future updates has for me in terms of gameplay changes is the fact that I can now freely use 2 Vaivora weapons due to the new 4 weapon slot change, that’s all (which is a shame).

Did IMC ever clarify if Common Classes are a 4th class advancement or are players still stuck on the 3 advancement class structure? Anyways, still going to hold my judgement, though Common Class candidates look to be off to a bad start so far. I think there’s plenty of time for IMC to change things, IIRC Common Classes are being implemented on July?

Their presentation chart from the livestream seemed to imply them as part of the 3 advancements you already have. Adding more classes to your build and forcing them to be common classes on top would be quite stupid in my opinion.

2 Likes

is the class even good? I always hear players asking for buffs, it’s probably in the same desolate state as Monk.
Truly brothers without arms.

Its going to depend on IMC and how they change the classes going into Common Classes. At the very least, Nak Muay has found some success with Strike Swordsmen builds (and topping WBR rankings on Fencer - Matador builds sometimes for some reason).

Imagine IMC repurposing Monk ideas to make a new class on a different class tree (where it doesn’t work) to celebrate the creation of a new server (that died soon after), and fail at reworking it for 3-4 years, yet both still suffers a similar fate despite being so different now … heck I can write new Monk propaganda with this. Truly brothers but yeah, unless IMC changes Nak Muay out of its current design or if its in conflict with Monk’s Vaivora and playstyle, I see no reason to pair Monk with Nak Muay, or by that logic, change a class or two from current class builds for Common Classes when it rolls by.

Also, seems like IMC is delaying their NEXT Thanksgiving Event from the previously-planned 4/22 to 4/26 for some reason.

The kTest patch moved to kToS, wondering if they changed anything haha.

1 Like

Before re:build/re:build 2: choose 5-7 classes and make a rainbow build
After re:build/re:build 2: choose common class, build “stacks”, use “stacks”, go to F1 menu, click on “give a name to your class”, enter any name you like (Bokor, Enchanter…)

Need Linker Rough Translation here. Just to know wtf will happen to the class

To make it short:

• Joint Penalty: is now a skill that links and damages up to 5 enemies over time, 15 seconds duration

• Hangmans Knot: duration is changed to 2+0.2*skill level seconds, Cool down time is removed, now deals damage based on the number of links between enemies affected by Joint Penalty.

• Electric Shock: SFR reduced, new attribute added that deals damage to up to 5 enemies while reducing the final damage of the skill by 25%, damage increases by 10% for every additional enemy affected (up to 40%?)

• Physical Link: duration is changed to 10+skill level seconds, number of targets is fixed to 5

• new skills are added:

• Chain Grip: self-buff that increases damage dealt to enemies under Joint Penalty by 22%+2% per skill level, maximum skill level 5, duration 30 minutes, has an enhancement attribute

• Link Dispense: Absorb SP of party members to increase the final damage of the caster, maximum 10% final damage boost per party member; maximum level 5, buff duration 5+ skilllevel seconds, cool down 3 minutes

• Unbind and Lifeline are deleted

• the following attributes and arts are deleted: Physical Link: Defense, Joint Penalty:Chain Heart, Electric Shock:Physical Pressure

That’s all on top of the skills now scaling with weapon type equipped and highest attack value(physical-,magic- or sub-weapon attack); There is no support left, I wonder when IMC will change the icon to red.

5 Likes

i see. thanks for the translation.

1 Like

Can someone give me the translation of Chronomancer changes?? It looks like it got 2 new DMG skills, but i can’t understand the other changes.

• Stop: Cool down time reduction per skill level reduced (previously 5 seconds per skill level, now 2 seconds per level); adds one stack of Time warp buff (reduces Cool down by 1% per stack, maximum 5 stacks, lasts 60 seconds)

• Time Forward: Cool down changed to 25 seconds, now acts like Magnetic Force, sucking in enemies to the target and dealing damage after two seconds; the less enemies are pulled, the higher the damage dealt to each target (limited to 5 targets in PVP); adds two stacks of Time warp buff

• Pass: the Cool down reduction for party members is additionally increased by 1% for each stack of the Time Warp buff

• Backmasking: maximum skill level is reduced to 5, the cool down time is changed to 90 seconds, the skill now requires and uses 3 Time warp buff stacks and changes HP amount,SP amount and location to the point where Backmasking was used last

• New skills:

• Time Eruption: Creates a magic circle on the ground that explodes after a while,dealing damage to targets; adds two stacks of Time warp buff;
    adds the new attribute Time Eruption: Link (increases skill Cool down by 5 seconds), which puts the Link debuff on enemies under the effect of the Time Forward debuff for 2 seconds, dealing additional damage(50%) when hit by Time Eruption

• Time Restriction: creates a magic circle that deals damage over time and reduces the movement speed of enemies inside by 2 per second; magic circle duration : 10 seconds, Cool down : 30 seconds,
    adds one stack of Time warp buff;
    a new attribute is added: Time Restriction: Remain, the movement speed reduction is kept for a certain amount of time after the target leaves the magic circle of Time Restriction

• deleted skills: Reincarnate, Slow

• deleted attributes & arts: Backmasking:Mystery, Pass:Focus Time, Pass:Additional Reduction

All damage skills deal non-property magic damage

Not that bad, but the class needs a lot of quality of life changes (for example Quick Cast should be fixed at maximum skill level 1 with all these skills already competing for the skill points, it is the same problem like before all over again, self buffs should not eat up all the skill points)

10 Likes

The rise of Chronomancer with all these CD reduction skills and attributes combating the increased CD of old and new skills.

I’m almost sure now Diev will lose its CD reduction abilities, though.

Frequently Asked Questions for Update Roadmap

1 Like

lmao at this point i do not think IMC plays their own game
making game content that cater to dps, then wonder why healer is scarce

1 Like

From the greatness of Google Translate …

Full supports and Hybrid supports (if you exist), embrace your new respective names, Bobobos and Dilbobos!! You can even deal more DPS with a team full of Bobobos than a team full of Damage dealers. :rofl:

On a more serious note, I remember a similar trend during Re:Build when IMC said they wanted to remove Invincibility skills and the likes as it was too OP before making a Scout class tree full of Invincibility skills. ToS senses telling me IMC is removing Support stuffs to load Common classes full of it or something along those lines (we already have a tree for that called Cleric tree, IMC). :face_with_monocle:

On a side note (lel can’t believe I missed this), IMC cared so little about Physical Clerics that they put Physical Cleric changes in the ETC section of the last patch notes now instead of the Class Changes table.

asdasffffff

2 Likes

PHYSICAL CLERICS ARE SAVED!

:rofl:

Question 9: Existing skill gems have restrictions in equippable item slots, but if skill gems will only be usable in armour, will the restrictions be changed?
-The top/bottom, glove/boots and weapon constraints will be removed. However just like before, equipping the same skill gem more than once will have no effect.

Finally…

5 Likes