Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

Just to be clear, are you talking about the Austeja armor set?

That armor set seems to be made specifically for auto-attack Chaplains (or evil Linkers), so I don’t believe Full Supports would want to pay too much attention to that set. This new armor set just seems to be one step forward in that direction, to be honest.

From what I’ve been testing in kTest, the current gearing IMC intended for auto-attack clerics (Karaliene Prideti set, Wind Ark, pure stats, etc), along with this new armor set, is pushing the ancient Chaplain-Priest combo back together, much more than Druid-Chaplain or Monk-Chaplain. From there, it is possible to make a Hybrid Support that heal and revive while being able to DPS via auto-attacks, such as Chant ARTs Chaplain-Priest-Crusader or Chaplain-Priest-Druid and so on.

To be honest, Chaplain-Priest with Crusader has its own novelty and fun, but of course, whether the build is practical or if the DPS from that is viable in the long run is a different question :wink:.

1 Like

After seeing this Vaivora upgrade system, I finally made up my mind to quit this game.

I was at the brink of quitting when I see lv440 legend announcement.

I haven’t logged on for 2 days. Usually I won’t miss a single day for daily event item limit count.

Enough is enough.
Shouldn’t have wasted a couple hundred bucks on this game.
It’s a shame really since finally I’m becoming friends with my guildies.

1 Like

@mic01851165
Why would lvl 440 legend matter for quitting the game?
What’s the thought process here

1 Like

I don’t understand all this whining because new, better (harder, with more RNG, whatever) weapons will come. ALL MMO are like that. Oh, but your actual equipment will be old and dated? So what? As soon as you buy a cellphone, one way better (and more exensive) comes out, and yours loses all of its value. As soon you buy a car, the new year model is out, and you car is now used and half price. And this is only a game. I thing you’re all getting a tad TOO stressed with was suposed to be a relaxing pastime.

Just a tought… you can go back to ripping each other throats now…

New gear is the expectation, IMC even delayed it because their initial rollout of it was quite frankly way too soon. A year to use a legend set is fine, Varna came out about a year ago now.

Most people don’t want to manage the random elements that come from upgrading armor sets, particularly with weapons, particularly with multiple weapons since there will be multiple sets and you will need several of them. Upgrades on the weapons will matter less compared to Varna, but not compared to other people with the new stuff.

I think for me it’s just the desire to be rewarded for doing end-game content. You aren’t, you’re rewarded if/when (usually if) you have a good run of RNG. Most people don’t. Some people have literally never seen a single Vaivora despite running CMs every single day since Vaivoras came out. Now you need two, though the upgrade is super min/maxy–and that’s not even half as offensive to me as archstone RNG. Do your dailies, do your weeklies, do the hard content, make sure you have enough silver to buy things because your luck is gonna be as terrible as it’s always been. It’s been rehashed a lot already.

It’s a lot more than “oh no a new set(s) of gear I have to play the game now damn :(”

5 Likes

That’s kinda the point, some people just want to play the game without being sucked into a chore treadmill.

A little complement. Due set effect having skills you can only change one equipment without losing the bonus skill, which means working on a bunch of equipment pieces that you can’t use until all of it is done. In addition, the personal preference of said set effect is lost because IMC balances content based on the best equipment available for said patch. There’s always a replacement option for the new release but it may not be as fitting for particular builds or player preference, that aspect is completely out of question.

Taking an interesting, and relatable quote.

There is a total of 75 “different” classes to pick and IMC keeps pushing players away from having multiple characters because you need an obscene amount of investment to even have a playable character. The game can be unplayable for anyone that doesn’t enjoy the “main character” META, swapping a single set of equipment is exhausting already.

@Chalkie-kun

Well, i really missed that notice, thanks for clarifying it. Despite that, i still think it’s questionable for them to not remove the rewards when they thought perceived it was initially perceived as an exploit (and restore them now, along the title).

6 Likes

Cuz there’s FIVE of them for different contents.
Preparing one set of armour is hard enough, now you need 5, with material from that insane difficulty gear check glacial raid.

Don’t give me the bs argument of “you don’t need all of them , just the one you enjoy doing” since you’re pretty much forced to do all contents every week. (except pvp)

If you were a whale or rmter and always have billions of money ready, ofc you don’t care.
You’re the 1% , we’re the 99%.

Gl and hope you enjoy the insane powercreep though through billion of paywall.

This is I think the only game I’ve played where people aren’t excited for new gears, including myself.

Are you even playing this game to not realize that?

You get new gear, sure. Does it end there? No.
-> You have to get proper stats (roll+get lucky sandra)
-> You have to extract ichor (Both or only 1 of them)
-> You have to enhance (get lucky with +11/+16 or whatever your goal is)
-> You have to trans your gear again.
-> You have to get monster gem again if you use it.

It’s a no-brainer why people are depressed. I just came back to the game myself and saw all the crap and I already understand why people are.

And since you used cars/etc as an example.
If I buy a car:
-> do I have to sandra (RNG) my car to run at 100kph?
-> do I have to extract ichor of my Car Wheels at 10% success rate?
-> do I have to anvil my car (RNG) for it to perform better?

I buy a car and it’s ready to use. I buy/craft new legend equipment and I have to go through all the RNG crap to make it usable for the content they’re bringing in, unless I only do MSQ and nothing else.

11 Likes

The live update on ktos reduced it to 3 set already.

1. Savinose set with bonus for cm and dcp
  2. Glacier set with bonus for raids and WBR
  3. PVP

From what that article say, people are skiping the Savinose set all together since they don’t see big different from Varna. Not sure if they are skipping glacier armor though but I do know most people there still prefer Smugis and Ataka.

Hope that they will not nerf Smugis and Ataka. Knowing IMC.

They will probably overbuff the new ones so people have to farm for them

2 Likes

The title was removed initially because they thought someone was using a bug to force the boss not to move/attack. But it wasn’t the case. Basically, IMC looked at the limited data(2 members didn’t use pots, each member only died once while facetanking all mechanics, Glacier Crystal only used once) and jumped into conclusions.

But it turns out the party was using a creative strat using existing skill mechanics(attack power debuffs) because one of IMC’s programmers was so 5heads and made the raid mechanics damage scale with witch boss attack power, and didn’t bother to put a failsafe on it.

TDLR; IMC thinks forcing the boss to stop moving through some shenanigans is wrong, but debuffing its attack power using normal means is perfectly fine.

Like I said before, if people want to label the strat in question as abuse, then the Turn Undead DCP11 strat that everyone has been doing should receive the same treatment.

3 Likes

To be fair, those varna set effects are on such an absurd power level that im not surprised that IMC dont want to powercreep them.

Im personally not questioning the legitemacy of the first clear, IMC themselves concluded that they used some in-game mechanics as they were designed. Though with the subsequent nerf to attack power, this first clear party will have had an advantage over any future clear, which can be seen as unfair, though everyone else also had the possiblity to do this strategy at the time it occured.

Honestly. i think they kinda forgot that Exorcist has such an insane attack reduction, and the way they cleared was therefore unintended, but the clear itself is still legitemate as they didnt use any exploit or bugs, but rather skills as they were designed.

The kToS patch version of the recent kTest patch, seems like they listed down the skills that are or aren’t affected by the respective armor sets as well.

1 Like

Did I read that right that they changed vaivora bow to +str or is that after you make it to lv2 like what they have shown so far?

Much, much better.

https://tos-kr.neet.tv/items/11003052

Wow, more heal power, so amazing.
I already have way overkill heal power for PvE, so i don’t get what more heal power will help me. Its not even that much stronger than skiaclipse compassion set.

I guess you can say this set is more PvP oriented, since heals are much lower efficiency there, but for PvE healer, we really dont need more healing.

Agreed, but I do appreciate the change. Healers don’t need Critical Rate nor the other stats. Since I do heal at PVP, I’ll definitly try to get that set though. Upgrade my healing to 30% will help.