Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

:tired:

15 Likes

You are assuming no one else can. Also, you are implying that they somehow have an enormous stack of materials from the runs. Note that thing you are actually upset that IMC will be giving back is a freaking first clear title that absolutely does nothing. I’m not saying it shouldn’t be changed moving forward but you are discrediting the time and effort made in finding possible mechanics/interaction. Do you actually think that discovering something as specific as using a full party of damage debuffer just happens by luck?

Oh well, I guess you guys are too used to mechanics being too obvious and predictable.

1 Like

My understanding was that they are the only party to have cleared it. I could be wrong. And that would be my mistake.

I don’t care for the title or the rewards. It’s in the fairness of the game. It could be 1 talt they got as a reward, I’d still ask for them to get it revoked. But it’s actually more than that, they cleared however many times using this bug and presumably rerolled rewards.

You’re proving my point even further. It encourages people to find bugs or unintended mechanics and abuse until it’s patched. Bugs or unintended mechanics that go against how the encounter was supposed to run. How does that make any sense? Let me get this straight you want me to applaud their efforts in finding bugs to abuse?
If it was by chance or luck they found out with that party, at least they’d have an excuse. You’re further proving my point that’s it was intentional in their abuse. They didn’t happen upon it and they did everything they could by stacking the party to abuse it.

Like I said, I’m not asking for a ban. The very least is just getting their rewards and patching the encounter so people start back on even playing field.

You’re seeing it from the wrong perspective. When an interaction isn’t intended but is seen as good for the game, devs might adjust it our leave it as it is, which wasn’t the case here as they removed titles.

On the matter of correction measurements, revoking rewards is needed to ensure players follow the rules. Assuming a scenario in which non-exploiters also got the rewards and they can’t target the exploiters directly, an option is to give something like “(14d) extra reward multiplier token/buff” in exchange for taking the rewards. Those who cleared will likely be able do it again and can then get the same overall value from it.

1 Like

speaking of doing content not by intended mean, does IMC really want 60% of the game population to just spam ToF on WBR and call it a day? With increase defense and the total damaged needed to get reward is lower, why would those with 400 savinose bother to go in WBR while a oracle diev build would do more damage and get an easier time.

2 Likes

Bcz why waste your time on using your useless freebie instead of another brainless build.

Wise words once said in the history of ToS,

Player: “Is this a bug or an intended feature?”
IMC: “Yes”

5 Likes

seems like imc is pushing the latest ktest patch straight into ktos

only been a day hmm

4 Likes

Prove that the tests server is just to make sure it doesn’t crash. IMC have no interest in gathering the feedback of the new system. They already made up their mind to implement it.

1 Like

Sadly nothing is going to change b/c players are still buying massive amounts of TP regardless the state of the game or upcoming changes.

We have a new player in our guild, about 3 weeks in, hes already purchased over 160 blessed cubes. In Maplestory 2 enough players actually stopped playing or using the cash shop to force changes, they didnt work and the game ultimately crashed and burned but atleast the players took a stand.

So far all I see is;
player - were sick of doing a kajillion cms
imc - ok, well remove the free cm resets from burning weekend

player - VVs are too hard to get, less then 5% of the actual players even have one
imc - ok, now you need 2 VVs

If everyones honestly this upset then stop buying letcias and goddess cubes by the dozens, otherwise theres no sense in raging on the forums, or reddit etc, they dont care if they are making money.

5 Likes

Again, this sounds like a case of you being so spoonfed with boss mechanics. Please enlighten me on how is this any different from avoiding Skia’s nuke charge with iframes or blitzing through DCP11 with Turn Undead spam.

How is this even a bug when they didn’t even remove it? Just look at how they fixed the issue. Instead of removing the link between the boss attack power, they kept it and put a cap on how much you can lower the boss attack power. It wasn’t bug-fixed, they simply added a new feature to nerf the strategy.

1 Like

Please read this statement from IMC:

They stripped the title because they initially thought it was an abuse. But after further investigation, they admitted that was a legit strat using existing(mind you, not bug) interaction/mechanics that the devs weren’t aware of. So they are planning to RETURN the stripped title to the first clear party, and that’s the reason we are having the argument/discussion about it.

Also, please note that they are not entirely removing the “unintended” mechanic in question. They are keeping the behavior of mechanics scaling with boss attack power, and they are also keeping the mechanic of lowering boss attack power, but putting a cap on it.

6 Likes

Why are people even talking about fairness? We’ve got straight attack bonuses on time-limited gacha cubes pet and relevant bonuses in a time-gated rng card system just recently. And that’s not counting the plethora of other RNG mechanics or the blatant favouritism on BB/Doppels. Fairness was never on their watch.

3 Likes

Frankly I like this change. With raids containing the “mandatory” defense part where you have to waste 90% of your time dedicated to the raid, doing these less times for more rewards is more than welcome. Time to get those Solmiki skins and content points.

Assist fusion feature applied to Vaivoras. Give 1 dagger, 1 sword and 1 mace to get back 1 dagger. And you don’t even get a 5% chance of upgrading the weapon to level 2 like the assist fusion feature does with assists. Considering that people will mainly see zero to one Vaivora weapon during their lifetime, I don’t get this. It’s surely better to sell all Vaivoras you don’t need to the market and let people buy them from market instead of using a feature that simply removes two Vaivora weapons from existence without any benefit. This is absurd.

This on the contrary will be useful since if you already have a Vaivora you can buy a second one from market and improve it. Now we’ll just have to wait and see what’s the drop rate of the polishing stone.

o_O
So I suppose you need to upgrade the stone too…

This suxx. People will already have their Vaivora ichored, so for level 2 you’ll have to go through the extraction process again…

:tired:

Ofc getting the token directly would have been too easy, you need to craft it with 3 entry tickets…

Beautiful design. Too bad 1) you don’t see armor skins when playing but just your class costume and 2) they will be used for ichor anyway…

So many different sets to choose from. At least the game will bring diversity.

I guess this benefits from people with high SFR skills which were hitting max cap constantly or Oracles using ToF.

Cool. For 15 minutes, you will feel like you play an endgame character and dream about what your equipment could be… :haha:

This means only -15% instead of -50% with Rubric:Corruption too right?

A perfect summary of current and future endgame.

1 Like

Would be nice if they give CONs to all armor parts though. Adding more damage items just exacerbates the OHKO shenanigans in Uniform Feud.

Agreed. I’m done with my 450 warlock doing uniform feud for exp cards, but it was a nightmare to play around with less than 60k hps when you have 160k+ with your normal equipment…

Oh I forgot Uniform mode exist. Now i understand why people wish to do feud all day.

1 Like

I don’t understand outing a guildie for how they opt to play. Beyond that you aren’t seeing the forest for the trees.

This forum rage is a warning to IMC that their player base will relocate. This has always been a fairly casual game with some hardcore players trying to be the biggest fish in the small pond. I don’t know what data you have on the purchasing practices of the player base but steam charts show a steady decline in population with new content releasing which speaks to the quality or community’s perception of that content. When everyone quits even the whales you hate so much will be bored and drop the game.

EDIT: Thank your guildie for me for keeping the lights on at IMC headquarters.

1 Like

Who even are you? Are you seriously talking ■■■■ to one of the handful of people who have actually done the hard content in this game recently? You sound like an absolute fool.

Are you seriously comparing what was clearly exploitative enough for IMC to act–even though they went back on it–with things like using iFrames to avoid taking damage from an ability? I have no words.

Makes no difference, you could spend $10,000 and IMC doesn’t care about what you have to say (should they?). They will act when they feel like enough people on KR have quit over it. ITOS is an afterthought.

1 Like

Is there anyone complaning about the new healer set in Korea? I’m brainstorming builds and think that those stats are quite useless unless I make an hybrid Healer/DPS build.