Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Omfg what a sound. Will other players hear it too?

/trollfaceOn

There are still fake multihits.

Understanding with new ranks/skills incoming which skills are fake multihits and not can play a key role to maximizing DPS in terms or critting/skill splashing with aoe.

A few examples:
Zornhau+Deep Cut Attribute, Grind Cutter, Pheasant

Fake multihit skills like the three I mentioned above, would easily grant you overkills because the multi hits from those skills are considered as 1 full hit by the game still.

Since they are considered as “1” full hit, after killing the monster with the initial hit, the rest of the hits would not splash to the remaining monsters in the aoe anymore. This is important for skills with high skill factor but lower hit count, so you’d know when you want to maximize them, let say, for CM.

Fake multi hits are all crits or no crits.

I just want to clear this up, specially with the new skills coming

4 Likes

I made a new topic in the Class & Rank section to gather info and vids of R10 content.

There’s a lot of stuff to put there, so it’s a work in progress.

6 Likes

What I get from his statement is, we can consider all fake multihit just like skill with no multiple count. It was bad in the past because the fake multihit didn’t take attribute and debuff advantage where it is fix now.

Real multihit however still get extra benefit from blessing and add elemental attack on each line. The crit part if you average it out, you’ll prolly get the same number on paper.

Yeah that’s why I don’t want to dismiss the initial question of whether “this” or “that” is a fake or real multi hit, there’s a lot behind it, specially regarding aoe wise.

I’d like to know some skills on matador too since I can finally let go of shinobi and take matador 2 and fencer 3 in one.

1 Like

There are more by the way, I just gave you a few samples.

Grind Cutter is the perfect example since it has no attribute and works that way by just using the skill.

this is, my point. So yes, you cannot simply say there are no fake multi hits, I’d like to see for myself which of the new skills are so I’m carefully checking them

Seism is also fake multi hit if you want more samples, no attributes involved, no need to charge wild, right from the bat it is one.

I guess you were right l, people forgot about the fake multhit.

@streamside

https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=1177

Improving Damage in “Effect” Multi-hit Attacks

There are two kinds of multi-hit attacks in Tree of Savior: one kind is calculated as actual separate hits according to the attack’s formulas (the “true” multi-hit); the other is calculated as the damage of the entire attack, but displayed as multiples (the “effect” multi-hit).

Currently, whenever a proportion-based damage increase is added to an “effect” multi-hit attack, that damage increase is applied only one time, like so:

• 50% damage increase is applied to a 1,000 x 5 multi-hit attack
  • Damage increase is applied only to one hit = 1,500 + 1,000 + 1,000 + 1,000 + 1,000 = 5500
  • Counting all of the attack’s hits, 5,500 / 5 = 1,100 (it only comes up to a 10% increase per hit)

To improve on this, we want to have damage increases apply to all the hits of these “effect” attacks, the same way it happens with the ”true” multi-hits. In the example above, that would mean 50% applied to each of the 5 hits (1,500 x 5).

When we apply this proportional damage increase to the attacks below, their total damage value will also increase. Keep in mind, however, that we are simply correcting the fact that the proportional damage increase wasn’t being applied to the total value of the attack; we are not giving each hit an additional damage value (+) like what happens with “true” multi-hit attacks.

The bolded is where it mentioned that true multihit still has some advantage over effect multihit. Not sure if status inflict will count as 1 for effect multihit or as much as multihit does.

is Lancer’s Prevent Lv10 with attribute 100% uptime?

1 Like

i wanted to know about this too.

Also about the attribute, how much duration is the buff? If anyone can show all the Lancer skill changes with the buffs and new attributes maxed, I would love to see it.

I’m currently watching the Korean streamer guy someone linked a few post back and it seems there’s a hidden interaction between the new shadow skill from shadowmancers and magic missile that makes magic missile deal an insane amount of hits without links.

1 Like

Any pics on the new gears and their special yellow stats?

not “hidden interaction”, just same old bug like circling: expand + oblique shot

2 Likes

i cant believe that they will not change thee trash effect of yng ang yang skill… wee cant make something, really? i dont acept that

1 Like

New primus base stats.

i13654597619

More here

4 Likes

Question: Do the r10 maps have new BGM?

1 Like

I smell some lean, mean powercreep.
:grimacing:

Working as intended! I kind of wish the new areas would kick our asses for a while, though. I liked how for a while story bosses were hard enough that many players had to party up.

Maybe?
Find it here
http://toscamp.com/tos/db/bgm.php
i don’t remember how many bgm currently

@Tankhime but popo weapon still better(?)

1 Like

higher base than 350 Primus/Masi
lower base than VC
higher base than Miki, but Miki are better color, so with enchants… Miki better

some look nice
:+1:

2 Likes