Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Now you know why I’m happy with the delay.

I don’t know. I think everything now is too much rushed for November. I wouldn’t expect that update on December 6th, by the way. There’s too many things to be fixed…

What changes have they made that are based on feedback?

What changes, I don’t know. But they’re listening.

Here’s a proof:

Listen to the community doesn’t necessarily means that they will give exactly what is being asked for. It means that they are looking into feedbacks and changing what is needed. One proof of that is the thing of people being worried of not having ways to counter casting interruption, and now they gave casting immunity to wizards.

I want Re:Build to hit iTOS as fast as possible, but I do appreciate that they are taking more time and effort to better polish the update. Hope they can achieve what they expect. I don’t even mind not having new weekly content, honestly, if it will help them focus their workforce to better improve this update.

16 Likes

Why can’t all players be like this instead of being whiny brats :tired:

16 Likes

Paladin is clearly not a necessity as a DPS increase to Inquisitor, but the synergy between these two classes is too good to be avoided. It doesn’t mean other classes are not good with Inquisitor but they don’t feel like it’s a necessity. And given how Restoration works now, it’s perfect for a melee class only. Now it’s not really an objective POV, as I said, it’s a feeling.

1 Like

People need to be patient and positive
Everything rebuilds are still in testing phase, I think many people give the judge too early

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting 2 months for “something” even before rebuild was teased/announced (haven’t touched the game since I started waiting). I don’t mind waiting longer. I do however take issue with claims that IMC is making changes based on feedback.

This is just a reward for players actually testing and not actually proof of IMC making changes based on feedback.

Isn’t this just the natural course of action after taking surespell away? At best it is circumstantial.

You know what IS proof of the opposite? The monk, canonie, and hunter changes (just to name a few). People asked them to make dp a stance ala ram muai and turned it into a skill monks wouldn’t want to use as the rest of the kit is literally for skill cycling. People warned them about weapon stances (exemplified by musketeer and rifle issues) and they turn cannon into a 2h weapon. People complained that canonie has issues with the “lack of real aoe” and yet IMC doubled down on the current iteration of skills. IMC doubled down on pet AI being the core of the hunter despite numerous complaints with exactly that, pet AI.

Don’t make claims like “IMC is listening and making changes based on feedback” if it is just on paper and in actual practice they are doing whatever the hell they want regardless of feedback anyway.

What’s the problem about that ?

Except, it’s not the only example of things being added as quality of life based on initial reception by testers. another one that comes to mind is:

shortly after the initial test server release, cleric mains complained about heal being too restrictive, and so they gave Heal a much shorter cooldown and two overheats.

Also about the monk thing: DP monk and Combo monk are two totally separate playstyles. DP monk is for auto attack builds and obviously designed to be used with something like chaplain or inquisitor. It’s just under-tuned right now.

I guess you didn’t see the video where canonie got locked out of every non cannon skill?

That’s true, but that change also ignored the numerous complaints of actually losing the tile nature of the skill. That’s basically listening only to people that already agree with them.

Yeah but as much as I hate to imagine it so, removing the tiles seems to be one of their design goals, and I don’t think they’re going to back down on it.

I also get the feeling that the primary korean playerbase doesn’t particularly care about the loss of tiles like some people on this forum do. They may be the ones influencing the decision more than us.

I didn’t see it indeed. I thought you could use Crossbow + Shield and use Canon in your other slot in order to use the Canon only to cast skills of Cannoneer, exactly like people used to do with Musketeer in PvP.

1 Like

Monk is one of those classes in Re:Build that is literally under life support towards being a useless due to a flawed skill set and low numbers despite being a red class, probably not the best class for this kind of comparison haha. Hopefully IMC rethinks how they want to approach such classes with this extended deadline and tune them properly.

Staying optimistic, but not expecting much if not at all given this is IMC.

2 Likes

Could someone help me with Epee Garde new effects?
Does it still ignores your defense? Or just Shield-provided defense?
And what is that interaction?

https://tos.guru/ktest/database/skills/11110

“And provide feedback on the update”.

If they’re awarding those players means their feedback was useful for something. Possibly the lastest changes and the upcoming ones. But you can be right, too.

Seem like Fletcher is nerfed…How do you suppose to get extra 50% damage if Crossfire doesn’t give burnt debuff anymore ? Is there any class on Archer tree that can burnt enemy ? Sapper ?

It’s an innate effect of Crossfire now, so the attribute was removed. Skip to 1:05

2 Likes

That assumes they are able to discern who has and has not provided feedback. That event is available to anyone on ktest, feedback or not. That means they are rewarding people for simply being on ktest. This is the last I’ll say anything of this conversation.

It’s back to waiting for scraps of information for those “obscure” classes (co-rogue-ugh).

Falconer has a new skill that burns enemies too.