Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Bye bye!

/20-mongrels

Everyone still following TOS is the epitome of that, otherwise theyā€™d just left ship within these 3 painful years.

I guess the real concern was that Clerics were no longer able to have self-sustain, much less actually use Heal to recover someone else.
With the pre-Re:build setting in mind, if we compare both with each other, after the changes to CD and overheat number, Cleric is now Ā± equivalent to Cleric C2 in Healing capabilities,
which was Ā± the requirement to prevail in ā€œharderā€ content.

The greatest change is that Clerics, if ā€œrecruitedā€ as Healers, now have to keep check on individual HP numbers of party members and have to cope with the new targeting system.
If you target the wrong guy, it could lead to the demise of someone else.

The major difference is that there are now less Heal options that are offered outside of party (if at all, didnā€™t see anyone test Mass Heal & Sephiroth yet on people outside the party), which was possible and thus facilitated e.g. Demon Lord hunting or GVG.
With the new changes, chances are high that players will now need to recruit at least one Cleric per party for this kind of content unless they are over-geared, can dodge well and/or have enough potions to cover recovery without a Cleric.

A Cleric-intern issue is that you have to rely on Smite/Cure now to level.

Heal made it very easy [ with its dualistic nature as damage and recovery skill] for Clerics to level up, especially due to the hidden interaction between Heal & Blessing to double the amount of hits per tile.
Meanwhile,Cure was a pretty obsolete skill that mainly wasted a skill slot on your control bars, as status ailments became rarer and the pesky ones couldnā€™t be cured with Cure either wayā€¦

Now we have a clear difference between Heal (pure recovery) and Smite (physical damage) & Cure (magical damage/status recovery), which gives every Cleric skills that can be useful for damage&leveling purposes while leaving Heal for recovery-only.

About the change of update schedule:

They should at least take a whole month for testing. The last large change update that balanced attack/def/skill modifiers/equipment in early 2017 took them quite a long time to settle with something useful despite adjusting every few days.
We need to reach at least that level of quality before we can say anything at all.

Currently I havenā€™t seen any player attempt on endgame content like Velcoffer, new raid (Ignas) , demon lord hunting or Boruta battle. Until that is tested for at least two weeks straight, itā€™s pretty much impossible to tell if the changes were efficient enough.

The patch notes up till now were mostly damage skill adjustments that boosted or decreased the performance of said attack skills for content.
However, buffs & debuffs are just as important, considering they are supposed to play a role or at least facilitate the harder contents, and unless we see their potential and have some adjustments as well, I doubt that this update is anywhere near release.

Iā€™m here to help!

Bong Ignas video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCen8ZJces4

Bong Solo Boruta Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wsyik2xMJU (spoiler: he dies)

3 Likes

Some tests and meddling with more clerics todayā€¦

On Chaplain + other classes

1. Capella (+100% holy damage) and Fanaticism (+80% damage) buffs are additive. They will add a total of x180% to the clericā€™s holy spells.

2. Visible Talentā€™s 1 hit damage can roll over to the next Visible Talent. Good to plan around this and keep on increasing that 1 hit damage.

3. Visible Talentā€™s bonus damage canā€™t be modified by Gevurah although it consumes 1 hit. However, Gevurah can contribute to the damage stacking during the 10secs.

4. Inquisitorā€™s Judgement is kind of bugged? It says affected targets get a bonus damage of 10% from holy attacks. But in ktest, holy damage skills get a 12-15% nerf in damage instead on judged demons. Seems like demons gain more protection from holy now. Need to test more with other spells.

video is slowed by 50% to see damage ticks

4 Likes

I like the new heal to be honest, so much easier to actually ā€œhealā€ someone in a mess and lag situations without have to spam my mass heal

1 Like

i like it too. so many heals and ein sofs wasted cuz nobody sees it ā€¦

1 Like

The previous Cleric model promoted terrible game play. Why bother avoiding attacks when I can just soak up the damage and walk over easy to see heal tiles to get it all back?

Also all of the ā€˜hard bossesā€™ revolved around magic circle destruction or reversi mechanics to make them hard. IMC was caught in a corner. Looking at velcoffer in general. Both Gargoyle and Velco are peppered with magic circle destruction on a good portion of their skills.

The bosses were fighting against the game, not the players.

2 Likes

Scaling down heals could have achieved the same effect
I liked the healtiles because they were an unique mechanic that you dont find in other games
The new one is very boring

2 Likes

I really like what they write here. Really hope they will keep to it. Please fix Merkabah and Kabbalist T____________T

As for the heal tiles, I do find that new heal is a good fix compared to the current tiled one we have. Second what Remiri said, the current heal tiles do promote terrible gameplay. Not to compare ToS with other games, but ever wonder why most action RPGs these days limit ways of HP regen so much?

Thereā€™s a reason why games like Diablo3 and the recent Lost Ark, heal potions on a cooldown and limit all forms of healing back HP. Players donā€™t feel the need to dodge at all when heals a readily available. Whatever skills the monsters dough out doesnā€™t mean anything when players donā€™t even care what hits them since it is going to be healed back fast. When is the last time anyone of us take notice of what attacks and skills the monsters do in iToS?

I supposed most of the monsters in the current iToS feels the same to everyone now, just HP sponges, with some of them having an annoying kb every now and then.

With limited heals in re:build, content that most of us take for granted suddenly becomes more engaging. At least for me I start to see what skills monsters do and make an attempt to manually dodge them so that I can save my heals and potions.

Itā€™s really sad because itā€™s not really on IMC fault for this. Sure, in CM itā€™s too much a mess to see tiles on the ground, but I had no problem to use Ein Sof on the right target as people donā€™t really move a lot. I remember when I was farming Red Truffles with a group, people were unable to see Ein Sof tile while it was right in front of their face, they were even asking ā€œSP pleaseā€. I also saw many people avoiding my Guardian Saint while it was actually meant to tank for someone else.

I really liked the tiles system, because it was forcing players to get aware of their environment. Many people complain about content being too easy, not interactive enough, but sometimes itā€™s the same people who are just running everywhere, certainly screaming behind their computer ā€œHEAL ME SON OF A *ā€ even tho heals tiles are already on the ground.

2 Likes

About the whole Heal discussion:

I always thought that a single target, targetable heal was much needed. Now that the class system was redesigned, it looks that it fits nicely, concept wise, so every cleric class can do some sort of basic heal, and if you want something more potent, then go for your support-oriented build. The old tile heal was too strong imo, even for a base class. It was a burden too, cause it could be easily stolen by mistake.

That being said, it is also a nice concept, very unique to Tree of Savior. Altought it seems that they are removing any tile-based skill, it would be nice to see the concept returning in a new support class.

2 Likes

Single-target healing so you can pick, or rather, not pick a person to heal in the name of fun.

1 Like

Yeah but the class has to have unique value and personality to BEGIN with. You canā€™t lose what you donā€™t have. Now to follow up on this bold statement, IMC has to define what exactly is the unique value and personality of each class and makes sense. Problem now is they put the horse before the carriage. The skills came 1st while unique value and personality are up in the air.

So you just make them heal less
I dont see the problem of the healtiles as a mechanic
Most of you just say that there is too much healing being done which is true

2 Likes

My experience is kind of different though. Having the tiles systems made me less aware of the environment.

Saalus boss telegraphing its signature aoe attackā€¦ ā€œNever mind I can heal through it with tiles behind meā€
X monsters attackingā€¦ ā€œNever mind I can heal though it with tilesā€

As time goes on, I donā€™t even care what the monsters do anymore. Everything is so easily healed with Heal 10.

The horror when you place down 30 heal tiles and a Zealot under Fanaticism steps on them all.

To be honest, I also want to know what they think the unique value and personality of each class is, especially Monk. Monk has turned into an AA bot due to how low their skill factors are even though they added combos and all that, pray tell their intentions for Monk is to be the AA class ā€¦

He went omnomnomnom on them.

Kabbalistā€¦ started as a Math/Calculation based class. Look at what happened to it nowā€¦

:sad:

3 Likes

It got seizures?

3 Likes

This always pissed me. Kabbalist lost a lot of his base concept. Only math they do now is for Gevurah and ocasional Clone. IMC could have kept Double Chance, just giving it a better area. We could have nice debuffs based on calculation, but they scrapped the class lore now t.t

2 Likes