Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Damn really hoping we got another summoner class so we could break away into more variance.
If Terramancer has some synergies with Summoners, Pyromancer, and Cryomancer I’d be happy though (Should naturally mix with Ele, Onmy and Runecaster)

More info on Arbalest plox!

2 Likes

my biggest interest is in Rangda, even being the most “ugly and uninteresting” of the new classes, I’m main scout, so you’re always interested in “does this class improve my character?”

I think will be the coolest is the Blossom Blader

1 Like

Is Blossom Blader 1h or 2h???

You better prepare your wallet broke boi.
Ruby anvil soon.
Don’t expect any changes regarding enhancing. You deal with IMC put out your wallet or play another game amen

ToS 4ever Update Overview

Hello, this is the Tree of Savior development team. The 4ever update is on the way. In addition to new classes, this update will bring a variety of changes to combat systems, items, and the game’s content. Before the development team discusses all of the changes with you, let us briefly overview the key changes we’re making. Further details will be provided through upcoming posts.

5 New Classes

image Blossom Blader

blossom
Blossom Blader is a Swordsman class that mainly makes use of one-handed swords and two-handed swords. They are a fast, offensive class focused on high mobility.

image Terramancer

terra

Terramancer is a magic class making use of the Earth attribute to attack using stones, sand, and more.

image Arbalester

arb
Arbalesters perform unrelenting attacks with a crossbow. They are an offensive class that can deal damage to both single targets and multiple targets.

image Crusader

crusa
Crusader is a class that can be played as either a magic damage role or a healer role based on the use of their [Chant] buff.

image Rangda

rang
Rangda calls on Barong who has the power to remove enemy buffs. The class specializes in weakening enemies through use of various debuff skills.

Overhaul of equipment items and Improving the ease of upgrading them

The goal of the development team to encourage players to gain various different stats on their equipment, change and add new stats for equipment, and change combat formulas. Alongside this, we want to decrease the difficulty of acquiring these items and improve the variety of items that you find and use.

Improvements to random stats on equipment

-The maximum stat limit on random equipment will now be the same for all grades of equipment, and in the case of equipment that is Unique grade or higher, it is guaranteed that you will roll at least 80% of the maximum value of the stat.
-We will reveal and show the numerical ranges of stats you can acquire on equipment.
-New magnifier items that allow you to select specific stats you desire will be added that can be obtained as in-game rewards.
-Additional Property Damage/Property Resistance stats will no longer appear, and will be merged into the new Additional Damage/Additional Damage Resistance stats. (Existing stats on equipment will remain and their effects will be combined.)

Difficulty in extracting ichor from items

-The chance to extract Ichor from equipment will be doubled.
-The amount of equipment needed to transmute Ichors will be reduced from 3 to 2.

Improvements to dismantling and easier handling of item enchantments

-The transcendence stage of equipment you dismantle will provide a chance (up to 100%, based on the stage) to receive a 50% bonus to the items obtained from dismantling that item.
-You will now be able to transfer Awakening and Enchant Jewel stats between equipment. (However, the items must be the same grade, level requirement, and equipment slot).

Adjustments to weapon attack range and average based on the type of weapon

-The average attack value of weapons will be split and made different between one-handed and two-handed weapons, and buffed overall for the highest level equipment for each one-handed/two-handed weapon type.
-The damage range for each type of weapon has been overhauled. One-handed weapons have a low range/deviation between attack values (min and max), while two-handed weapons have a large range/deviation.

Adjustments to leather armor

-Defense provided will be increased by 50%.
-The 10% increase to the critical chance cap with Leather Mastery will not be changed. (The maximum critical chance cap will only be removed in PVP.)

New Items

New Support Equipment Type: Weapon Ornaments
-Added new accessories that can be equipped on a new slot of two-handed weapons.

New Equipment: Ark
-A new equipment type “Ark” will be added along with a slot to equip it on your character.

New Legend Equipment and Set Bonuses
-A new series of Legend equipment, “Disnai”, will be added.
-New set bonuses that you can only apply to Disnai equipment will be added.

New Unique Equipment
-New Unique equipment that can be used as fixed stat ichor will be added and will drop from Elite monsters in Episode 12.
-The difficulty of obtaining this equipment will be higher than before, but it will have high stats to compensate.

Overhaul of the combat formula

-The formula for Attack will be changed to due to the high amount of +% damage that is available in the game.
-The relation between Property Damage and Property Resistance will be removed, and this system will be integrated into the new Additional Damage / Additional Defense stats. The way these stats scale with each other will be changed. Enemy targets with no attribute will take +10% extra damage.
-Your HP/SP recovery will improve based on your maximum HP/SP, increasing by up to 20% of your maximum HP/SP.

PvP Battle Formula Overhaul

-A number of skills now reduce the healing received by targets by up to 50%.
-The ability to remove enemy buffs and remove debuffs from allies has been added to many skills.
-Modifications have been made so that defense-based stats such as Critical Resistance, Block, and Evasion will be provided at the same rate as attack-based stats. In addition, there will now be a base chance to critically strike, penetrate enemy block, and hit enemies accurately.
-Added an increased chance to evade enemies based on the difference between the levels of you and the enemy, providing a +2% ~ +60% bonus chance to evade. (This is applied directly to the final calculation result of accuracy / evasion stats.)

New Content

-Episode 12 will include new areas and new quests.
-Mercenary Missions and Saalus Convent Missions will be incorporated as a type of level 400 instanced dungeon. The available missions you can access will change daily.
-Beginning with Episode 12, you will receive a bonus to drops by up to 5x based on the number of party members participating in a Challenge Mode.
-Unique Raid: Casual will provide a “Goddess’ Blessing” event in the same format as Goddess’ Grace.

In the next post, we will provide a detailed introduction to the new classes we are adding. Thank you.

※ All content in this post may be added to, changed, or deleted before being applied to the live server of the game.

25 Likes

this is the best change

22 Likes

IMC: hey, let’s turn Chaplain into dps class!
also IMC: let’s make Crusader, you know, since people know them as support class
I clap hard for their way of thinking, really

8 Likes

Lotsa good sounding improvements in this development team post.

Blossom Blader working with both one and two-handed weapons might make me play the swordsman tree more.

Guess my Paladin>Crusader dream is dead, since I prefer my Paladin to be offensive. Chaplain>Crusader it is, until my dreams are broken again.

Wow… i can’t believe this is real…

:satisfaction:

5 Likes

Easier ichor, i like it, hard to ichor this day, need a lot investment for casual player

4 Likes

I wonder if Blossom Blader will work with rapiers, too. Guess we’ll have to see the skills for that.
In that regard, it’s quite annoying that they haven’t removed the crit cap in pve, too. And we’ll have to see how they’ll change the attack of those weapon types, too. Fencers are quite unique in that regard - going for an offensive route means having very few of the advantages of using one-handed weapons, but all of the disadvantages. We’ll have to see how they’re working on it.

2 Likes

I like the addition of a class but c’mon IMC… Crusader should be DPS! The very definition of crusading is attacking something/somewhere for a cause. It’s like adding Fighter or Marauder as a potential support class lol

Well, I guess we’ll see how things pan out. I suppose the whole holy warrior thing goes hand in hand with protection/healing, but I hope that they are primarily a holy DPS class.

I’m really happy to see easier ichors, ornaments for 2h swords and a new item type :smile:

5 Likes

we can’t really be certain at this point since there is not much info on Crusader.
but im just curious when you say “should be dps” meaning all Crusader skills should be DPS skills only?

Since they used the word chant, it might be a melee support style working with channeling/aura.

That was translated from the original post…

3 Likes

True, I’ve got my fingers crossed ^^

yes its from the original post, i mean, u want Crusader to be physical DPS? not magic DPS? or pure DPS?

And the reason Chaplains are called, well, Chaplains is because they are priests who minister for an institution. I simply don’t see the reason for them being not the support here, instead giving that to Crusader. But then things are yet to be seen.

3 Likes

Personally speaking, i’m fine with either. At least it makes both mechanic and thematic sense, not like Linker in Scout…

The crusader’s theme allows it to be explored either way, i know the idea of having it as support can sound like a bummer but, from the few information available, i can see it being a type of offensive melee support with perhaps some sort of life steal skill and aura debuff, which is fitting for the theme. It’s also important to remember that Inquisitor’s theme has some overlapping elements with Crusader’s, in their case it can’t be taken as a magical class as they’re herectic/witch purgers and that might be the reason they chose to go for the magic side with the new class.

I feel like i’ll be proven wrong as the mined skill names don’t support this hypothesis…

Personally speaking, i’m fine with either.

The crusader’s theme allows it to be explored either way, i know the idea of having it as support can sound like a bummer but, from the few information available, i can see it being a type of offensive melee support.

Datamined skill names for further discussion

PS - I skipped over the fact physical options are less available for cleric classes, that’s a good reason for it to be physical and i got to agree it is reasonable to get mad at. Still stand by the thematic argument though.

3 Likes

To be fair, the description only focuses on one skill, Chant, changing the Crusader’s playstyle between magic damage or healer, so it may probably be a stance. There are still 6 other skills whose functions aren’t announced yet.

Assuming IMC is going with the notion that Crusader is a magic damage or healer class, it starts to become somewhat possible to guess what the Crusader’s skills roughly are (Sacred Ground, Ring of Light, Retaliation, Protection of Goddess, Holy Smash, Condemn, Chants). Still, its a green support class, not a red damage class, so I won’t expect too much.

Everyone expects the Crusader Inquisitor but no one expects the Crusader Exorcist/Chaplain. :joy:

3 Likes