Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

we can’t really be certain at this point since there is not much info on Crusader.
but im just curious when you say “should be dps” meaning all Crusader skills should be DPS skills only?

Since they used the word chant, it might be a melee support style working with channeling/aura.

That was translated from the original post…

3 Likes

True, I’ve got my fingers crossed ^^

yes its from the original post, i mean, u want Crusader to be physical DPS? not magic DPS? or pure DPS?

And the reason Chaplains are called, well, Chaplains is because they are priests who minister for an institution. I simply don’t see the reason for them being not the support here, instead giving that to Crusader. But then things are yet to be seen.

3 Likes

Personally speaking, i’m fine with either. At least it makes both mechanic and thematic sense, not like Linker in Scout…

The crusader’s theme allows it to be explored either way, i know the idea of having it as support can sound like a bummer but, from the few information available, i can see it being a type of offensive melee support with perhaps some sort of life steal skill and aura debuff, which is fitting for the theme. It’s also important to remember that Inquisitor’s theme has some overlapping elements with Crusader’s, in their case it can’t be taken as a magical class as they’re herectic/witch purgers and that might be the reason they chose to go for the magic side with the new class.

I feel like i’ll be proven wrong as the mined skill names don’t support this hypothesis…

Personally speaking, i’m fine with either.

The crusader’s theme allows it to be explored either way, i know the idea of having it as support can sound like a bummer but, from the few information available, i can see it being a type of offensive melee support.

Datamined skill names for further discussion

PS - I skipped over the fact physical options are less available for cleric classes, that’s a good reason for it to be physical and i got to agree it is reasonable to get mad at. Still stand by the thematic argument though.

3 Likes

To be fair, the description only focuses on one skill, Chant, changing the Crusader’s playstyle between magic damage or healer, so it may probably be a stance. There are still 6 other skills whose functions aren’t announced yet.

Assuming IMC is going with the notion that Crusader is a magic damage or healer class, it starts to become somewhat possible to guess what the Crusader’s skills roughly are (Sacred Ground, Ring of Light, Retaliation, Protection of Goddess, Holy Smash, Condemn, Chants). Still, its a green support class, not a red damage class, so I won’t expect too much.

Everyone expects the Crusader Inquisitor but no one expects the Crusader Exorcist/Chaplain. :joy:

3 Likes

lets just hope they would give us a preview of the class skills. cuz i know everyone a bit hyped XD

2 Likes

nice! relive field farm experience again. Hope it wont drop from CM6+, just normal field

2 Likes

Overall these are amazing changes imo. But the 2 things I wanted to see more will probably never be added to this game: Rework to anvil system and Ability to remove gems without losing a level.

Blossom Blader and Terramancer are normal dps classes like I expected. Arbalester seems nice, but the best builds for it will probably not include QS. Rangda seems like it would be useful for support in boruta and in pvp, and I also find interesting how they are finally adding more supports to scout.

As for Crusader, I’m really glad it can be played as a magic dps class. Now I hope the dps skills work without shield, as I’m a 2H mace user. If it deals at least as much dps as PD, I’m going to change into Crusader.

Maybe I’m just dumb but I don’t see the point of this. If the requirements were just same grade+same slot, it would be a very welcome feature, but because it requires the same lvl I don’t see the point. Won’t be able to transfer awaken/enchant from older gear, so I doubt it will be useful.

Now the new magnifiers are awesome, but the grind will be real… Assuming you are going to ichor stuff via transmutation, it will take 8x magnifiers per ichor. (2x primus with 4 lines you want per ichor, but of course, if you get a primus that already has some stats you want, it will take less magnifiers to make it perfect)

I hope the new unique/legend gear will be lvl400 just like savi/varna… but knowing Imc, it likely won’t.

Saalus+Mercenary post being reworked is awesome, very welcome change imo.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!

1 Like

Change to challenge mode is a welcome change, penalizing for partying makes this game into tree of solo.

A lot of good changes, but another tier of legendary and set items means more anviling… The grind is tough.

2 Likes

that crusader class logo make me think it can dual wield 1h blunt.

Considering that IMC tend to follow a historical concept of classes that have it, your idea might not be applicable here.

It is a green icon class (meaning that it already tend to be a support), and the animated sprite emphasis the shield, so I doubt they will give the class a dual wield, that would imply on a more offensive oriented class. I even doubt they will ever give a dual wield to a class tree other than Scout.

Also, I could bet that the magic damage skills will not be that amazing damage wise. Kinda like Plague Doctor, that have some damage skills, but they are not the shining gold of the class.

Stick with the basic praying armored holy warrior concept and you will not be disappointed. Heck, it would be amazing and too much at the same time if they gave the class access to lances and swords, but it will not gonna happen (I think).

2 Likes

Retaliation (Matyrs Reckoning like skill?) and Holy Smash gives me hope that Crusader will also be a DPS Option.

Is it too much to ask to be a QT Crusader girl with heavy armor that destroys everything in its sight with my huge god-enchanted muscles?

2 Likes

-The ability to remove enemy buffs and remove debuffs from allies has been added to many skills.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

honestly im not into waifu,if anyone have it give me a glance of male crusader

1 Like

Hopefully by episode 13 they will just automatically reset arts when u change class.

1 Like

You sure? IMO Diablo 3 got it right :smiley:

And in the vein of smiting heretics, there’s Angelise…

And last but not least here’s an actual male crusader (and what I’d love to play):

D3MaleCrusader

3 Likes

If they’re changing armor so much, they should offer an event armor change npc like they had for ET.

3 Likes

ooh yeah
a blunt with chain… will be nice

this will be a thing to savi/varna maybe once lv 480/500ish legend introduced