Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

hhmm musket buff, actually even without buff musket are have super high damage to in itos.
Musket sapper will be very OP next, hhhmm
and about dragoon im little happy but the dragoon buffed are smallest then others class, what IMC really hate Dragoon? good choice to nerf tao and i hope they nerf chrono or disable this class so make others wizard build viable to DPS in raid or anything.

why they buff Cataphract again? lol why IMC?

i hope they change Lancer mechanic can use skill without Companion. xD

And whats the nerf???

**Genbu Armor **: SP consumption of the base effect in proportion to damage taken is increased. Further SP consumption in PVP areas.
We should be able to break the shield faster

Sadly that nerf don’t affect me too much because i’m sheriff, they just use hallucination or shadow poll and with only 20 sec CD they just use again almost immediately after I break it -_-

The nerf genbu armor need is the same with cloack from scouts, the CD start when the armor break…

2 Likes

CANNON SHOT NERF, WTF KIM THATS MY MAIN DPS SKILL! a

after chronomancer pass nerf, time to revive this thread? :satisfaction:

aiming, circling, joint penalty waiting room

3 Likes

If everybody is OP, then nobody is OP.
kimoon

11 Likes

dont even play lancer but cant wait on those lancer changes to see all those genbu shields get crushed

but just more damage not makes all classes OP, in fact is the opposite, the classes with most survivability options are the most OP… (In PVP)

Chrono have been into this position for a very long time… Pre-rebuild it was for Haste and Pass only, occasionally Quicken. Now it only have Pass. It is not completely useless, but the effect it takes on parties will be very diminished. Maybe Diev buffs will be more meaningfull now.

The class got popular only because the Creeping Death+Pass combo, and occasionally for support, but again only for Pass. Other skills are useless and will be like this.

Sadly, Chrono never had a proper concept developed into the game. Hope they look the other skills when they reach the moment they will look into support skills (stated as “later” on this balance patch).

1 Like

How can the develop team suck so badly ? Such amazing game, huge potencial, but such bad design. From classes to way the mobs move.
Want any future ? Change your entire team. Rebuild the game from 0 again if necessary. Players can become mad, and they will no matter what, but the majority will enjoy a better designed game. Get some good inspirations. Look to other games that hold player base for years. Even from Ragnarok you can still learn so much. PvP, equips grade, drops, mob, boss fight, etc. Pick anyone from this options and measure against ToS. You will realize how about more than 10 years latter you suck so much at game design.

1 Like

They literally stated that they don’t need to buff Energy Blast because you can spam it continuously.
With Arts, the skills deals at least 25000% SFR within 15 seconds, and you must not forget it’s holy element (Capella) and it deals double damage vs Divine Stigma.
So I think the skill is more than ok already, no need to buff it through the roof.

Same with Double Punch. You can easily reach level 18 Double Punch, which is up to 586%.
You can hit at least 3 times per second with good Aspd, so it’s about 1500% SFR per second (so 22500% per 15 seconds), meaning you can reach levels close to the new Palm Strike/Hand Knife in terms of damage.

So for monk, there are 3 build possibilities now, the Double Punch focus, the Energy Blast focus and the One-Inch Punch/Palm Strike focus.

Ironic that you need a specific mechanic so one particular skill can be useful. Yes, multipliers can go very high with EB Art, but it shouldn’t depend on it to be viable…

5 Likes

nuuuuuuu why cannon shot kim? why?

[ Change ] Cooldown : 5 sec- > 15 sec

:sad:

I still feel that those 3 skills deserves at least a little bump up in damage, with how all the skills are in terms of skill factor and how these skills now play out in the whole picture.

From those numbers, it also means it deals at least 1666% per second. In context with all the re-adjusted skills on all classes, it feels weak with how 3000%-10000% skill factor DPS skills now exists everywhere and that one can easily make a build with a full skill rotation of such skills. In the end, Energy Blast without Arts is and still is 240% x 8 damage in a timespan of 3-4 seconds, and Arts System is the only reason why the damage is now viable (increasing its almost-nonexistent DPS multiple folds). Even by current standards, its current damage is utter garbage, being worse than Double Punch alone and almost the same as simply Auto-Attacking normally with buffs. Its damage now with the Arts Attribute is also not as strong as one thinks (mostly Melstis + Drakonas Frieno carrying the damage killing mobs in CM runs, damage falls hard in a boss fight) and it requires all that set-up to deal proper damage. I don’t hope it to have as much DPS as or more DPS than the burst of Palm Strike + Hand Knife as I can see a Monk playstyle where one focuses on Energy Blast when mobbing and using Palm Strike + Hand Knife when bossing, but I still hope for at least a small damage bump in Energy Blast to make the gap closer with how exaggerated the current skill factor adjustments are.

Talking about Double Punch damage with how Monk will be played in future feels a little pointless right now, since only 5 critical hits is needed to get the Energy Blast buff. Assuming that a decently geared person takes roughly 3-8 seconds to deal 5 critical hits on a boss (probably have an easier time with mobs) to channel Energy Blast for 15+ seconds, that’s more than enough time after God Finger Flick set-up for Palm Strike’s 20 second cooldown + Hand Knife to go off cooldown to be used after Energy Blast buff. Within such a small timeframe every 20+ seconds, it looks much better to focus on Palm Strike + Hand Knife (or any other damage skill) over Double Punch since it has so much more burst with similar availability. Double Punch is now used once every 20+ seconds simply to initiate the Energy Blast buff.

(No joke, IMC should just make Double Punch an attribute to change Auto-Attack to Double Punch with how it is right now)

Until they buff Double Punch and Chaplain (I don’t think Chaplain buffs are out yet I think …?), Monk’s playstyle will revolve very little around Double Punch, something like DP once > GFF > PS + HK x4 > DP or ANY other damage skill until 5 critical hits > EB spam for 15 seconds > rinse and repeat. All this is still an incomplete and partial reveal of one whole “Re:Build 2.0” though, so there’s not that much point talking about skill factor right now until the whole adjustment is complete.

Cuts me right in the feels. Players going to Monk thinking Monk got buffed to broken tier not realizing only 1 Arts Attribute is doing all that work. Without that Arts Attribute, Monk is a DPS class without any proper DPS.

Druid-Zealot-Inquisitor is still very much the mainstay of kTest and kToS right now, and Monk is nowhere to be seen as players caught on that Druid-Zealot-Inquisitor still deals more damage than Monk with more utility skills and flexibility than spamming Energy Blast. The difference is now not as bad as before though, and Monk is now good and viable instead of being completely out of the picture like before.

According to the unspoken rule players that quit are allowed to post without being a reply nor if not tagged once per month.

I’m not sure if IMC is avoiding major (needed) changes due high figures business pressure or if they’re just trying to patch things before doing a Re:Re:Build, regardless of which this won’t do any good in the long run as many pointed out.

Class balance is a mess mostly because classes lack a clear (gameplay) class identity to sell them out, instead of pushing classes to be great at a specific aspect they’re going for a route which seems to imply that you can be as effective regardless of class and just pick whatever you want without thinking, can’t say it’s completely bad but kinda undercuts the point of having different classes. It was kinda acceptable to have classes with similar identities in the previous class system but now that you can pick anything at any time they need to be distinct enough.

Now the real issue with the identity is how (PvE) combat is ToS is just a numbers game and how the game moved to be completely skill cast oriented, when you have “punch them in the face” as the most effective strategy all the other options become pointless. Cryomancer can stop all enemies in the screen for a long time but if you or your party have enough damage then you don’t even need to bother doing it (and they allow us to), the only moment that the class is really needed outside PvP is when that condition isn’t met, even less useful when few skills have long cooldown and really need you to buy up time.

If they really want to fix the class balance mess they got to create true conditions in which certain classes strengths and weaknesses are noticeable and redesign all classes in each tree (preferably one at time) to make use of these new additions (and also make sure swordsman, archers and scouts have a non-weapon option path for each class). I doubt they’ll try something as big as Re:Build again but by the direction things are going it might be better than doing this pointless damage boost to everything, specially when higher % factors increase the weapon enhancement value.

Anyway… i’m out till summoned or till i get annoyed again next month.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DOPPEL BUFF!!! i can rest in peace now, okay bai.

WTH is the purpose of these balance changes? Why do they want to triple the damage of all classes? XD

1 Like

※ 최대 대미지 추가 상승 효과: 트위스트 오브 페이트, 연막탄, 게부라, 비지블 탤런트, 프로버스 Can properly translate this? D: i trully did not understand e.e

They are buffing these classes probably cause there was a buff in defense effectiveness in PvP, making tanks aka Peltastard and Genbu Armor users almost impossible to kill on the new Uniform Retarded mode and normal mode Gem feud.

As for PvE, let’s be honest here, there’s almost zero/none PUGs for Legend Skiaclipse Raid, cause the boss fight takes DPS and knowing the mechanics to actually be able to clear it. It’s not even comparable to Velcoffer. I cleared Velcoffer with no fails when it came out, people could shout parties to do Velcoffer, that’s almost non existent on Legend Skiaclipse, that does no good on a 1K server population.
You don’t want to drive the leftovers players away from the game.

And there’s this “LF Taoist for Skia legend” thing cause it’s the only class that provides good DPS with low to medium investment.

Mergen was non-existent until now.
Fencer, almost the same thing.
Lancer, same thing until they buffed it.
Monk, same thing until they came up with arts.
Highlander was trash compared to Nak Muay, and actually most Swordsman classes are trash DPS wise compared to Nak Muay that hits 999k constantly with their skills.
Doppel does less damage than Nak Muay that has no weapon requirement on their skill set.
Wugushi was non-existent, it is rare to see any Wugushi playing the damn game.

And the list keeps going on. The only classes that reach 999,999 damage in normal conditions (no buffs from other parties) or high burst per second are Exorcist, Taoist, Nak Muay. (Maybe Musketeer- Sapper- Cannoneer)
I just don’t get why they are nerfing Taoist to the ground, when they said they were gonna address “pass” and “Aiming” being the main issues of Taoist’s broken DPS.
We also have this inconsistence where Lancer should be a 1v1 PvP god, but clears Misrus HG boss in half time(4 min) than a Doppel with 26,800 Physical Attack(8min). How’s that even possible or even balanced? (Glad they buffed Doppell)

Looking forward to that date, we’ll see who’s gonna be the next Tier S class/build PvE/PvP wise that day.

1 Like