Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

@crevox can you translate this?

What, do you want us to be Juggernaut now?

Although I think potions already do that to some extent.

https://tos.neet.tv/items/628087

Has been in the game’s database since forever, but I think it was never possible to obtain

2 Likes

Isn’t that the hat from the growth tab at adventure journal?

No, I believe it was some Korean event that we never got on itos.

2 Likes

Please suggest to the development team (January 2019)

A monthly post by the developers where they address top concerns from Korean players.

Requests to improve Boruta system

The development team is constantly working to improve the Borutos Kapas content, so you can enjoy participating in the content, feel motivated to do it, and be reasonably compensated through both collaboration with allies and competition with enemies.

There have been some recent trends taken up by players found inside Borutos Kapas that are allowing players to gain rewards in ways other than the intended above. The development team is concerned that this is causing a negative impact on motivation to do the content, and also a negative impact on fun. Thus, they will be making top priority improvements to the content, with the goal of boosting cooperation and detracting from negative competition factors. The changes planned are:

1. Reduce the amount of contribution gained from specific gimmicks.
  2. Allow you to choose which location to spawn into when entering the area.
  3. Change contribution so that only damage to Boruta is added onto guild contribution, with other methods only boosting individual contribution.
  4. Strengthen the effects of Mark: Borutos Kapas (wing debuff).
  5. When entering Siluvinas Lair, reduce the amount of invulnerability time from 5 minutes to 1 minute.

Please improve Bonfire effects.

While bonfires boost HP, SP, and stamina recovery, they were also created to be a center point for party members to interact and create new friendships. Unfortunately, bonfires at the moment aren’t very effective, so therefore they cannot perform that role, and do not provide a sufficient MMORPG experience for you to sit down and socialize with your other saviors.

The development team is aware of this and is preparing to make improvements. We are internally testing significant boosts to the recovery effectiveness to make it more useful in gameplay.

We will also review the various suggestions you have provided for bonfire effects.

Please add a dungeon entry NPC for Orsha and Fedimian ^^7

Because of the recent territory wars updates and changes in city preferences, we have passed on the feedback to the development team that players wish them to add missing functions such as this and things like fishing to Orsha and Fedimian.

The development team is constantly looking to improve accessibility to useful features in your favorite city. As a result, we are aiming to ensure event NPCs, masters, and other things will be available in every city. Subsequently, we will be adding dungeon entry NPCs to Orsha and Fedimian in order to make things more convenient for players in their favorite city. This change is expected to happen in March.

In regards to fishing, however, it is being designed as a lifestyle type of content that is aimed to take you out of the city to fish out in the field, getting specific items and fish from each area. We are working on the field aspect of fishing and thus don’t have any plans to add it to the other two cities. The new fishing areas are under development and we will make an announcement when they are scheduled to be added.

★Summon Issues★

Skeletons die so easily because the grade of their virtual equipment is low, and was not adjusted with the changes that happened with [Re:Build].

Because we lowered the number of skeletons, we plan to upgrade their virtual equipment so that they can be a summon that can survive for a long time in combat.

We are aiming for March 7th update to change this.

[Crevox Note] In case you weren’t aware, tougher monsters in the game have “virtual equipment”, which is basically a boost to their attack and defense in order to make them stronger. They can have reinforced armor/weapons, and even transcended armor/weapons in the case of field bosses and legend raids (for example, Velcoffer has both). They seem to be boosting this for skeletons.

[PVP Balance Adjustment Proposal] Plague Doctor's "Beak Mask"

We will provide details on the PvP balance patch that the development team is preparing.

Changes to skills that harm PvP Gameplay
Considering the average length of PvP fights at the moment, we will be halving the duration of all crowd control skills that last longer than 5 seconds.

Matador’s “Corrida Finale”, which harms PvP due to its wide area and high damage, is also planned to be changed.

Changes to how diminishing returns are categorized
Instead of the current system in which diminishing returns are categorized by the debuff’s attribute/type, we will change it to group them all into two categories: physical and magic.

Change debuff ranks based on their keywords
We will be changing debuff ranks based on their keywords. Keywords are types of debuffs such as [Fear], [Stun] and [Bleeding].

Beak Mask had issues because with the current debuff rank system, it provided immunity to far too many debuffs. It will be changed so it will only provide immunity to specific types of debuffs.

Please patch Chaplain.

Chaplain was planned to be a core class in a build that deals flat damage. However, Chaplain, alongside both Monk and Sadhu, fell short of expectations.

In December’s edition of “please suggest to the development team”, we mentioned that we plan to add synergy for Chaplain to work with both physical and magic cleric classes. Monk will focus on the physical side, while Sadhu will focus on the magic side.

In addition, an update is planned in order to better explain how to use the class, due to player difficulty in making it effective and a lack of information making it clear how to play it. We will add this information to the skill tooltips.

Item Balance Concerns + Please modify or redo Seal effects

In order to solve balance concerns between physical and magical items, it is necessary to modify the stat bonuses provided by things such as Velcoffer set bonuses and Ignas armor pieces. Changes are planned.

In the case of Drakonas Lynnki Sit, the first few set bonuses were created to specifically provide a boost in PvP. Wizards with a large number of skills can use their skills faster thanks to the casting time reduction, and the Magic Critical Attack bonus provides a boost in damage to further supplement that which is already provided by your armor and weapons.

However, even though Wizards are now able to critically strike, we do recognize that it is currently difficult to achieve a sufficient amount of critical rate to take advantage of Magic Critical Attack provided on equipment due to the current item balance.

In terms of armor types, cloth/leather/plate are available for anyone to use.
The reason cloth armor is valued low right now is because magical attacks are currently lower in damage than physical attacks, and there are less of them. These problems can be resolved by modifying the skill balance of magic attacks.

Please prevent player shops near town NPCs

The development team is aware that player shops are being placed near NPCs and are accidentally being opened. We will be making a change to prevent player shops from being opened near NPCs in March.

Skills that have stacking issues with other classes

DoT Stacking
The issues with DOT skills that you are reporting are correct, and we will be making changes in March.

We also plan to ensure that if any DOT skills are added in the future, they will be able to stack.

Behead: Deep Wound
We agree that you should not have to enable/disable the Deep Wound attribute to avoid penalizing yourself before fighting a boss. Therefore, we plan to modify the attribute so that it automatically does not apply when fighting boss monsters.

Cloaking Issues
We understand that Scouts have issues using cloaking due to many Scout skills. The development team has plans to continue to make use of DOT skills and increase their total damage output despite this.

Behead’s bleed debuff has a very long duration. We do think that this is a problem that makes Cloaking difficult. We are considering an exception in the case of Behead, so that Cloaking will not be removed when it inflicts damage.

Our thanks to everyone that has provided TOS with great suggestions and opinions.

15 Likes

U missed Chaplain part on purpose? :haha:

I missed that one! I added it.

1 Like

Thanks, i was interested only in that part. <3

I hate PDs and the mask but with the last nerf (33% duration in pvp, in Ktos) I think its enough, because if they forgot to put the mask they die so easy (like an archer <_<), nerf even more maybe is a little too much. (but I’m ok they are not inmmune to things like bleeds or joint penalty)

The bleed from behead is just an annoying for the caster and a bit less annoying to the enemy, I’m ok with the change they propose (behead bleed don’t reveal the player in cloak)

And the time reduction in some CCs are the best, I play rogue and feel the stun from backstab is too long (7 segs), but i’m not sure how this affect freeze for example, in many cases freeze duration is like 3 sec but the skills “refreeze” a lot of times, is like be stunned 10 segs but is not a long CC just a lot of short CCs -_-

??? What flat damage? That 1 skill Last Rites that noone rly uses and doesn’t stack with sacrament(priest)? :smiley:

I rly don’t understand sometimes what they want or talk about…

Also I’m not sure if I like these “class synergies” they are started to do. It would be good if they wouldn’t ruin existing ones and also they wouldn’t make those the only choice you have. In other words I hope Sadhu and Monk is not must-have now for Chaplain… Also what’s with those? I hear complains about Sadhu and Monk but I don’t think they want to get forced to have Chaplain in their build… I hope they know what are they doing.

• Chaplain feels subpar, along with Monk and Sadhu like an afterthought

• Forces synergies between subpar classes to force players to make such builds to be viable, instead of giving buffs in the first place

So now Monks and Sadhu have no choice but to take Chaplains in their build to be viable, instead of just buffing such classes individually so for more diverse class builds? An update to better explain how to use subpar classes? I really don’t think a lack of understanding in class usage is the issue here, heck is Chaplain really that subpar with Paraclitus Time, Deploy Capella, Aspegillum and Visible Talent, compared to Monk and Sadhu … ?

GG Monks, we have officially fallen into Auto-Attack build memes. Talk about “unique and personality” of each class, we’ve now become Chaplain supports whose bulk of their damage comes from Magic-based Aspergillum. Funny how no one really makes builds based on these forced synergies since these forced synergies are generally situational and trivial compared to getting other classes.

I don’t think that is really what they were saying. They were saying they want those 3 classes to synergize more with the other classes. Monk would synergize better with physical melee classes (inquisitor, zealot). Sadhu with the magical ones. Chaplain would work with both sides.

It sounded more like they wanted to give Chaplain synergy with Monk for physical damage synergy and Sadhu for magic damage synergy. Chaplain is such a different class with Monk and Sadhu (a full auto-attack class with long cast skill-based classes) I wonder why they even want to do this.

The only reason that comes to mind is Sadhu’s Out-of-Body and Monk’s Double Punch auto-attack synergy, both skills which are in fact the weakest skill in their respective classes. Spells trouble for the future of these classes if the fixes they get are forced synergies no one cares about instead of proper buffs.

It also looked that way to me. I think that they were just pointing their intent, as right now, Monk or Sadhu dont really sinergize well with anything and the devs wanted to clearly state where they plan to go.

The main issue is that both Monk and Sadhu design aren’t fleshed out and fall out for other similar classes and their gameplay doesn’t match the expected class fantasy nor delivers something new and more interesting. I’ll repeat that as many times as needed, back when the game wasn’t even on beta Sadhu was advertised as this class that had focus on the spirit and that’s what got people’s interest, if they don’t rework it towards this particular mechanic it will have a hard time as a standalone class. Now that class choice is more limited they can go crazy on mechanics and special interactions such as the (not sure if desired or requested) ability to use Monk skills with Sadhu spirit.

Monk doesn’t have much of a place in game as it isn’t that effective as a melee physical class and is weaker on AA side being behind both Inquisitor and Chaplain, Exorcist does the same job as Sadhu but in larger scale and being more straight forward. They can be picked along their stronger counterparts but can easily be ditched for other empowering classes (such as Zealot and Druid) or a support class that will provide more utility than their damage complement, this can’t be said of the other classes.

Out of the three classes mentioned Chaplain is the only one that anyone can bat an eye and understand how it works and what are the strengths and weaknesses, i’m confused why they’re targeting Chaplain honestly as it has a round design for a complementary class and can work as a core under specific circumstances. Not sure if it was crevox’s translation or their wording but they may think the specific duo interaction with Chaplain + Other is weaker than should, this makes more sense to me.

3 Likes

Me too, I felt that Chaplain is quite alright as it is. Not too strong, not too weak. Sure it wasn’t dealing crazy Inquisitor-like mob wipes, but its in a good spot right now.

Re:Build is really not a good patch for a Monk main to be in now …

Well, keep in mind they may be referencing player expectations (not developer), as the suggestion they’re answering is asking for many chaplain changes.

2 Likes

Tigr Hanter

“lol // 2 0 c h a r”
-GM Boobb

1 Like

Cooking: HP/SP/ST mods like +max hp or regeneration (single buff only unless there’s a squire)

Equipment maintenance: Again, if there’s a squire, they can fix the group’s armor (max dura) or if there’s none, only +10 to durability per ‘consumable’

Exp: Seeds are already present, they just have to make it work with a special bonfire item and with a shorter duration (like golden fish)

These activities are worth people sitting over as evidenced by people sitting around seeds and bonfire is an attractive activity between CM stages. If in town, there should be a hub (inn/pub) for people to get these buffs without a bonfire (like tables, limited capacity) since lighting them in town just doesn’t make sense. A regular party can get buffs but a party with a specialized like squire have better versions (more cooking diversity and number of buffs, better equipment maintenance, etc)

This might all just be nonsense since Im not a game developer but Im trying to show that bonfire activities can be attractive enough without everything having to be always in combat.

1 Like