Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

If they want more scout classes, put Rapier there :V.

all am hoping is for the female costume to be good and not make us look like prostitutes or slaves >.>

but like the great fighter retiarius with their Disney princess dress I expect a a booty short Sheriff straight out a strip club…

1 Like

I hope they include a cowboy hat for quest or skill.

No hat, no cowboy.

1 Like

I know it would require some investment, but it would be cool if they start considering another weapon types. Yeah, the weapon restrictions on swordies made the builds quite predictable, but i still think there are a lot of unexplored themes that do require them.

I also don’t think that adding a new weapon type necessarily needs a new “one weapon only” class, so i don’t see a problem with it.

You always can put on some “kawaii” costume from some gacha boxes. :tired:

I’d expect something like peltasta master costume.

1 Like

I would kill for some pants… not that I hate the view but I don’t like spending my day looking at my own panties every time I run or walk :pensive:

and am sick of dresses too D:

I meant master, this one.

1 Like

yup you said it right…

Forum sucks balls so I cant even like without getting errors…

I wonder what colors will the go with…

ah! cant wait hope they show em soon

I’m probably one of, if not the only player who doesn’t really care about the new classes and just want IMC to fix and balance their current classes instead (Monk waiting room).

Forums being crappy nowadays with errors, all the drama with Bokers and Boruta, bugs one after another since the start of 2019, Channel crashes and bring unable to deal with different time zones, kTest updates taking so long to even reach kToS, events being cancelled and lack of compensation, and now threads criticising the state of ToS being deleted without warning, what’s been happening with IMC lately …

Feelsbadman

I am so hyped for that Matross class! Can’t wait.
i hope we receive some class reset points because i spent all my points XD.

Tiger Hunter is most likely the Tiger Hunters from Korea, I think it was called Chakho or something. They use Rifles and Tiger specific traps to hunt Tigers.

산포 is the name on the datamine for Tiger Hunter. And if you put it on Google search, it gives you Mountain Gun which is a cannon.

1 Like

It can be either way really
A matross was a helper for the cannon so that could be the cannon class and the Tiger Hunters are somewhat known north korean hunters that focused on hunting siberian tigers and they used rifles so that would be the musket class

Or Matross will be Musket class and Tiger Hunter will be that korean Mountain cannon

Or they’re both Cannon and Musket user. Their skill will change depend on the weapon they’re using.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/original/3X/d/6/d6bfb9b6d80e1078fb60abc84897c156db5e91c9.png

Alright, let’s do some more speculation now that we have names.

Matross

Likely to be a firearm support class but it isn’t clear how that can work with that theme and how game mechanics are set, i can see it taking Prime and Load to itself and turn it into some sort of direct targeting buff (just like Heal and Ein Soft). IMC said armor break didn’t suited musketeer as a support effect so it may come back here.

It makes sense to use both Cannon and Rifle as it gives both weapons more choices, it also can set a dedicated rifle path. In this case they may introduce a new cannon class in the next release or the following.

Tiger Hunter

As much as the other thought line makes sense as a cannon class it makes more sense for it to be based on korean tiger hunters as IMC would have plenty resources on it as being recent and have all information on their native language. The only “reliable” source i found about this “group” points out an interesting peculiarity, they fought at close range with rifles which is both a new thing for the tree (now that Hackapell is gone) and a direct opposition to the only rifle class in game. If the source is right then it would be more reasonable.

Also, one of the skill names mined is Tiger Hunt and that doesn’t seem to have much room for interpretation.

Sheriff

No need to discuss.

Arditi

Dagger and explosives, probably. Check Battlefield 1 arditi and it will resemble the last one a lot.

Yeah, I agree that Tiger Hunter would be very likely to refer to “착호갑사”, which is literally translated into “armored soldier that captures tigers.”

I did some research on this historical army in Korean culture, and what’s bewildering is that many articles indicate 착호갑사 use a veriety of weapons, such as bow, crossbow, spear, and musket.

a2267f68b624b59d72a1f330d49d6dbf

65058_30142_1413

Cannon, however, has not been mentioned at all. Then why is Tiger Hunter named after a western-culture-oriented cannon weapon, 산포 (Mountain Gun), which, historically speaking, it is impossible for this class to use?

I am so confused. :thinking:

2 Likes

Didnt Matross use those cannons with wheels?
matross

I’m starting to think Matross is the cannon class, while Tiger Hunter is the musket one

Duh. It’s gonna be a skill like Murm, Goon, and PD. We know IMC likes putting on headgear skills lol

hope to dev team jan 2019 addition blog post: