Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

People need to be patient and positive
Everything rebuilds are still in testing phase, I think many people give the judge too early

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting 2 months for “something” even before rebuild was teased/announced (haven’t touched the game since I started waiting). I don’t mind waiting longer. I do however take issue with claims that IMC is making changes based on feedback.

This is just a reward for players actually testing and not actually proof of IMC making changes based on feedback.

Isn’t this just the natural course of action after taking surespell away? At best it is circumstantial.

You know what IS proof of the opposite? The monk, canonie, and hunter changes (just to name a few). People asked them to make dp a stance ala ram muai and turned it into a skill monks wouldn’t want to use as the rest of the kit is literally for skill cycling. People warned them about weapon stances (exemplified by musketeer and rifle issues) and they turn cannon into a 2h weapon. People complained that canonie has issues with the “lack of real aoe” and yet IMC doubled down on the current iteration of skills. IMC doubled down on pet AI being the core of the hunter despite numerous complaints with exactly that, pet AI.

Don’t make claims like “IMC is listening and making changes based on feedback” if it is just on paper and in actual practice they are doing whatever the hell they want regardless of feedback anyway.

What’s the problem about that ?

Except, it’s not the only example of things being added as quality of life based on initial reception by testers. another one that comes to mind is:

shortly after the initial test server release, cleric mains complained about heal being too restrictive, and so they gave Heal a much shorter cooldown and two overheats.

Also about the monk thing: DP monk and Combo monk are two totally separate playstyles. DP monk is for auto attack builds and obviously designed to be used with something like chaplain or inquisitor. It’s just under-tuned right now.

I guess you didn’t see the video where canonie got locked out of every non cannon skill?

That’s true, but that change also ignored the numerous complaints of actually losing the tile nature of the skill. That’s basically listening only to people that already agree with them.

Yeah but as much as I hate to imagine it so, removing the tiles seems to be one of their design goals, and I don’t think they’re going to back down on it.

I also get the feeling that the primary korean playerbase doesn’t particularly care about the loss of tiles like some people on this forum do. They may be the ones influencing the decision more than us.

I didn’t see it indeed. I thought you could use Crossbow + Shield and use Canon in your other slot in order to use the Canon only to cast skills of Cannoneer, exactly like people used to do with Musketeer in PvP.

1 Like

Monk is one of those classes in Re:Build that is literally under life support towards being a useless due to a flawed skill set and low numbers despite being a red class, probably not the best class for this kind of comparison haha. Hopefully IMC rethinks how they want to approach such classes with this extended deadline and tune them properly.

Staying optimistic, but not expecting much if not at all given this is IMC.

2 Likes

Could someone help me with Epee Garde new effects?
Does it still ignores your defense? Or just Shield-provided defense?
And what is that interaction?

https://tos.guru/ktest/database/skills/11110

“And provide feedback on the update”.

If they’re awarding those players means their feedback was useful for something. Possibly the lastest changes and the upcoming ones. But you can be right, too.

Seem like Fletcher is nerfed…How do you suppose to get extra 50% damage if Crossfire doesn’t give burnt debuff anymore ? Is there any class on Archer tree that can burnt enemy ? Sapper ?

It’s an innate effect of Crossfire now, so the attribute was removed. Skip to 1:05

2 Likes

That assumes they are able to discern who has and has not provided feedback. That event is available to anyone on ktest, feedback or not. That means they are rewarding people for simply being on ktest. This is the last I’ll say anything of this conversation.

It’s back to waiting for scraps of information for those “obscure” classes (co-rogue-ugh).

Falconer has a new skill that burns enemies too.

Bye bye!

/20-mongrels

Everyone still following TOS is the epitome of that, otherwise they’d just left ship within these 3 painful years.

I guess the real concern was that Clerics were no longer able to have self-sustain, much less actually use Heal to recover someone else.
With the pre-Re:build setting in mind, if we compare both with each other, after the changes to CD and overheat number, Cleric is now ± equivalent to Cleric C2 in Healing capabilities,
which was ± the requirement to prevail in “harder” content.

The greatest change is that Clerics, if “recruited” as Healers, now have to keep check on individual HP numbers of party members and have to cope with the new targeting system.
If you target the wrong guy, it could lead to the demise of someone else.

The major difference is that there are now less Heal options that are offered outside of party (if at all, didn’t see anyone test Mass Heal & Sephiroth yet on people outside the party), which was possible and thus facilitated e.g. Demon Lord hunting or GVG.
With the new changes, chances are high that players will now need to recruit at least one Cleric per party for this kind of content unless they are over-geared, can dodge well and/or have enough potions to cover recovery without a Cleric.

A Cleric-intern issue is that you have to rely on Smite/Cure now to level.

Heal made it very easy [ with its dualistic nature as damage and recovery skill] for Clerics to level up, especially due to the hidden interaction between Heal & Blessing to double the amount of hits per tile.
Meanwhile,Cure was a pretty obsolete skill that mainly wasted a skill slot on your control bars, as status ailments became rarer and the pesky ones couldn’t be cured with Cure either way…

Now we have a clear difference between Heal (pure recovery) and Smite (physical damage) & Cure (magical damage/status recovery), which gives every Cleric skills that can be useful for damage&leveling purposes while leaving Heal for recovery-only.

About the change of update schedule:

They should at least take a whole month for testing. The last large change update that balanced attack/def/skill modifiers/equipment in early 2017 took them quite a long time to settle with something useful despite adjusting every few days.
We need to reach at least that level of quality before we can say anything at all.

Currently I haven’t seen any player attempt on endgame content like Velcoffer, new raid (Ignas) , demon lord hunting or Boruta battle. Until that is tested for at least two weeks straight, it’s pretty much impossible to tell if the changes were efficient enough.

The patch notes up till now were mostly damage skill adjustments that boosted or decreased the performance of said attack skills for content.
However, buffs & debuffs are just as important, considering they are supposed to play a role or at least facilitate the harder contents, and unless we see their potential and have some adjustments as well, I doubt that this update is anywhere near release.

I’m here to help!

Bong Ignas video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCen8ZJces4

Bong Solo Boruta Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wsyik2xMJU (spoiler: he dies)

3 Likes

Some tests and meddling with more clerics today…

On Chaplain + other classes

1. Capella (+100% holy damage) and Fanaticism (+80% damage) buffs are additive. They will add a total of x180% to the cleric’s holy spells.

2. Visible Talent’s 1 hit damage can roll over to the next Visible Talent. Good to plan around this and keep on increasing that 1 hit damage.

3. Visible Talent’s bonus damage can’t be modified by Gevurah although it consumes 1 hit. However, Gevurah can contribute to the damage stacking during the 10secs.

4. Inquisitor’s Judgement is kind of bugged? It says affected targets get a bonus damage of 10% from holy attacks. But in ktest, holy damage skills get a 12-15% nerf in damage instead on judged demons. Seems like demons gain more protection from holy now. Need to test more with other spells.

video is slowed by 50% to see damage ticks

4 Likes

I like the new heal to be honest, so much easier to actually “heal” someone in a mess and lag situations without have to spam my mass heal

1 Like

i like it too. so many heals and ein sofs wasted cuz nobody sees it …

1 Like