Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Indeed so I can tell Cleric is weak alone at lvl 300+. Come on, don’t act stupidly, talking about the rank itself is not possible unless you really pick only one rank after the base class. In fact you’ll probably put a rank that increases the power of Mergen (Ranger ?), so that’s why people are answering with a build, cuz there’s no fuking crazy people to run Mergen alone, and that’s the same for every ranks, even ranks that could work as a “standalone”.

4 Likes

It seems to me like IMC is finally owing up to their words. In an old dev blog they said they would balance skills based on hit count, aoe, buff/debuff effect, and function (CC or not). It seems like that has come true. Yes, some skills are still sub-par in terms of balance, but a majority of the skills seem rather balanced, not counting a few exceptions (I’m looking at you Owl Statues :distinguished:).

I think the reason why some people are disappointed with these changes is because our power is FAR “weaker” compared to what we are currently use to. For instance, using a trans 10 +11 weapon would be all you would need in the 330 dungeon. You would smash through that dungeon in less than 2-5 minutes depending on your build. Now with these changes that 2-5 minute run would now change to 15-20 minutes. Not to mention the fact that you would take far more damage compared to the current iteration and likely end up dying during those runs.

Now these changes by far don’t mean that the game is going to be worse. In actuality this allows for various other classes/builds besides “DPS’ers” to function in this game. Tanks, Healers, and supports will now be more prevalent throughout most forms of content, rather than just in Raids and high level CM’s.

The only sad part that I see right now is that most videos only show builds facing enemies that are way below their level. More videos of 390’s fighting 380+ enemies needs to be shown.

There is also a huge problem with Ktest. What we see in terms of damage input/output from these videos is what is unlikely to be the norm for an average player in ITOS. The Ktest players are using raid equipment with special effects, trans 10 +11 weapons and armor, and attributes that are level 70+. We all know that this isn’t the norm/average with players in our servers. So what we are seeing now is technically a skewed representation of how some of our builds will in actuality, perform.

The point of all this rambling… I don’t know. I just felt like saying it. :tired:
Now, back to my lurking. :male_detective:

9 Likes

Sapper got some big buffs. Spike Trap is very strong now, an installation that can compete with Broom Trap in terms of usefulness. They get some other small traps to fill out their down time and detonate too.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ih5MqYHcYI i want to do similiar mage, turtle shield is still strong :slight_smile:

wow! Thanks! any good class to synergize with it? and, if possible, link some vids as well (can’t seem to find any).

Welp

Enjoy… and dont burn me to harshly plz :smiley:

9 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pxvEXW_8g0 this guy’s channel seems primarily sapper experiments. Here is the new spike shooter in action.

looks to pair well with cannoneer.

1 Like

If all builds are “viable” as IMC has stated that its goal is, it’s also important to be able to judge a single class on its own merits. Synergies of course are important, but a single rank or class should not rely on another to even so much as function. Mergen will probably be okay without ranger, but the options are actually pretty limited in the tree right now on the whole, depending on what you want to do.

@owiekho is within his right to be concerned about mergen, but it’s clear that IMC is aware there already might be a problem, given the buff to spread shot in the last day or two as well.

1 Like

Yes this is true but some skills still have bits of the old tool tips.

Sacrament Live

var stat = TryGetProp(pc, ‘MNA’); <---- = Character Spirit value

var value = 180 + (( skill.Level - 1) * 60) + ((skill.Level / 3) * (Math.pow(stat , 0.9))); return Math.floor(value)

Sacrament KTest

var pcLevel = player.Lv ; <---- = Character Base Level
var pcMNA = player.MNA ; <---- = Character Spirit value
var value = (180 + ( skill.Level - 1)*60) * ((pcMNA / (pcMNA + pcLevel) * 2) + 0.15) value = value * SCR_REINFORCEABILITY_TOOLTIP(skill) return Math.floor(value)

Some skills still scale of player stats like for instance Last Rites, Enchant Fire, Enchant Lightning, Blessing. But in the case of Last Rites it follow the formula of the new Sacrament which is just not in the direction that they are pushing for Chaplain which is a physical auto attack holy warrior.

But to make matters worse Enchant Lightning still has the old formula on kTest just like on current live international servers and Enchanter is in the scout tree which has nothing to do with INT or SPR.

this is gold! thanks again!

3 Likes

Why she doesn’t spam crit shot? no longer provide the buff?

So where is the 300% armour modifiers for swordsman, and whats happening with the multipliers from auto stats. Are they just none existent or just scale your base value stats gained from auto stats?

IMC Plz explain

Thanks for clarifying, it’s crazy the amount of people stupid enough to compare with what we have now …
Obviously if you look at current numbers then EvErYtHiNg GoT nErFeD UnPlAyAbLe GaMe

It’s ridiculous, how hard can reading really be …

2 Likes

Stop spreading fake info thanks, Enchant Lightning is perfectly fine i’m on ktest.

so, chaplain capella doubles holly dmg, can anyone test capella+rubric?

thinking diev-exo-chap will be a very strong build for challenge and bosses or any other stationary content.

1 Like

its been tested but yeah it increases exo holy damage

1 Like

anyone know if the weapon are going to be strong like they are at ktest? like the asion sword deal a lot more damage than the live server, if yes they are going to upgrade the weapons that we already have?

yes. weapons are going to receive a bonus from 65% to 123%( if i remember the values from the table correctly) extra base damage depending on rarity.
this of course is gonna be applied to weapons that already exist in the game!

Does they still plan to release it on ktos on 22?