Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

I think they were asking about the two unrevealed scout classes. We don’t have any information on those yet.

From what i’ve read so far (in this topic and on the korean ToS website), yeah, we don’t have much info about the 2 scout classes.

However, if you look at the shadows for these, you can notice one of them is using dagger, and the other seems to be doing so while holding something (dagger + shield class ?).

1 Like

I hope they don’t release the new scout classes, that already have silhouettes, after the reset event has ended.

I almost feel like it’s a pity we aren’t getting another weapon class for scouts. I guess their thing is daggers and pistols, but two basic classes feature swords as their starting weapon.

I believe will have reworked classes and those two revealed on this upcoming week, then they’ll add more (along new rifle and cannon classes) early 2019.

You know, now that scouts are pistol swords users , I want a subclass that uses sword, pistol and Whip and who knows maybe even get Scan from scout , an Archeologist class. The hat would be pretty cool.

From a numbers only & lore point of view, i agree. From a practical application, I have to disagree. Wizards have skills that have short casting times that can hit across the screen (gem feud experiences) with mulplitudes of crowd control. How would you balance it if not giving swordies a chance to even approach then?

Most likely a PVP stat between players. it is already implemented into the fencer’s balestra for PVE.

this bit ranges, my fencers and muskets run out of SP like the fireworks storagebox on the 4th of july whereas my wizards and clerics SP can barely even see a dent in it. But on the whole, yeah I hope it’s properly balanced.

Technically impossible, since you play “sword+dagger” or “sword+pistol” in scout tree. And all the tree is designed to use offhand weapon as principal source of dmg. (While main weapon affecting only some spells)

Well didn’t it affect already heals and potions? With all the updates now i’m not sure anymore ^^
But anwyay yeah, i was thinking from the basis that it affects your own regeneration powers and all, making yourself have even a easier time healing yourself so you can continue to support your allies. ^^

The recovery stats didn’t, that was tied to con/spr itself instead.

HP/SP recovery is just the flat amount of hp/sp you gain every 10s when sitting down or 20s otherwise.

I don’t see the hp/sp bonus from con/spr being mentioned in their new stat block oddly enough.

impossible huh ? damn…

then i really wonder what that class will be, it really looks like it’s holding something besides the dagger…

Well it could still be a third type of offhand weapon, making you have to switch between weapon if you build it with a pistol or gun. But that may be a little idiotic.
It could also be a screen of a special skill animation. Like exorcist who have a book in the hand when doing rubric. ^^

I didn’t see it either, that’s why i assumed this. Since everything else seem really well thought for equalization, i thought it was obviously into it. But that may not be the case, and become a problem. But well when you think at it, to balance some classes on ktest most of the time they where putting it > it was too op, then nerfing it > it was too weak. and then they were making a somewhat just middle (not always just enough sadly). So maybe we can say if it’s a little to weak, it will be finally good as intended after that.

About the part of the critical resist, i think they will make mobs be abble to crit. It would be idiotic to put pvp stats only on classes. Also people complained a lot that pve was kinda not interreting anymore and it seems in the five pages of infos, they were talking about making it more interesting.

1 Like

Sorry, i didn’t mean about scout it self, i mean those 2 new “mysterious” classes that will be in scout class. Sorry that i didn’t explain correctly :sweat_smile:

Nah, I understood what you meant, that’s why I referred to the posts in-between the 3 days, as we’ve talked about the silhouettes and possible connotations coming along with it there somewhere.

There isn’t much information about it,though, but given they revealed the outline already, we can assume that they are at least “completed”, probably not yet adjusted.

The bonus is one of the game mechanics and could stay via rework as it’s no longer mentioned in the stat section,
which is why I also came up with the idea that it might be related to the base Class modifiers.

after all, a 20% increase in HP recovery and SP recovery will not be very much, given they are fixed values now,depending on your maximum HP (1% of max HP will be recovered every 20 seconds) and maximum SP (3% of your max SP will be recovered every 20 seconds).

The difference between 1,2% HP recovery/3,6% SP recovery and the standard values is so little it doesn’t make any difference at all. Chances are high that SP equipment and even collection boni will have a larger impact than this.

• Reincarnate
  • Stop
  • Slow
  • New (Time Forward?)
  • Backmasking
  • Quick Cast
  • Pass

Bye Haste :cry:
Hope we can see your mechanics in another skill, it was fun.

I think it was Time Forward, I want to say that Paraclitus was a cleric-flagged skill…

2 Likes

Yes! Forgot that!
I’ll change it

Haste was pretty useless for the majority of game content anyway, since you only ever needed the speed to waste less time of your EXP tomes when going through dungeons.

Now that all Classes can sprint to boost their movement speed & have access to so many movement speed boosts (enchant jewels, substats on recipe-based equipments, Class attributes and other buff skills) where the strongest skill-/consumable-based movement speed increase effect will overwrite the effect of others, Haste was no longer needed and even outright dangerous as probably everyone would’ve reached 60/63 movement speed with Haste+Sprint.

Seems the developers acknowledge the fact that they still haven’t come up with a good solution on what to do with Stamina except sprinting…

The real problem of Chronomancer is that this Class still has 0 offensive capabilities.
I mean honestly, how are you supposed to be balanced if 1 out of 3 Classes in your build has 0 offensive capabilities?
Even if you can Pass your CD on other offensive skills, this still wouldn’t be enough to acquire a proper balancing but making the Class only partially increase the overall damage capabilities of the character by a certain percentage.

This will not suffice to make the character ~equal to another character that has one more offensive Class in it,though, and it totally neglects the possibilities that manipulating time offers to their masters.
Chances are also very high that depending on the new CD times, Pass won’t be effective on a lot of skills that have way less than 25/30 seconds of CD time.

Maybe they’ve changed the effects of Pass,though, so that e.g. Pass allows you to use a skill several times in a row without sending it on CD time (adding “overheats” to the skill) while Time Forward will retain the current Pass effect of skipping towards a certain time when your CD time has been reduced by several seconds.

2 Likes

An Archer with Haste is different from an Archer that now has access to dash, but can’t dash while in battle stance. :confused:

I agree that a costly skill (either by levels and/or materials) just for a walking speed effect is not healthy. But I still gonna miss it.

It is a support class. You are going the same old path of comparing damage capabilities of a single support class versus a single DPS class. We can put on the table if Chronomancer’s support will be good and have its own place to survive, but not his DPS capabilities, cause he is not meant to deal direct damage.

You have other 2 picks that can be DPS and, in theory, as damage factors will have horizontal scale across classes, then Pyro should be doing the same damage as Warlock, for example. One will just have to find a good skill rotation for damage.

In theory.

1 Like

Well, if you pick priest or oracle is because you want to be full support.

1 Like

Pass is not enough dps wise? Well maybe solo. But starting with only one second char. You get at least equal dps from activating pass for you and him if you do it at the good time. :wink:
And starting a third char, it means more dps for the team. And well pvp is 3v3 at least so i see no problem there.

Also they may have changed some things to the class also. ^^ And they are the ones who got Quick Cast, which means more dps for Caster Build. (Twice less time to cast if it remains how it is right now)

2 Likes