Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Would like a pistol with a knife attached to either the barrel or the grip pls.

1 Like

wouldnā€™t that cut your fingers?

1 Like

Since Scout uses one-handed Swords, why not a Gunblade/Gunsword?
There are enough historical examples to make it reality

Ignas Equipment.

Glove - Cloth | Unique Grade šŸ”“

P.Def	960
M.Def	1920

INT šŸ”¼ 59
SPR šŸ”¼ 59
Critical rate šŸ”¼ 62
When equipped, gain special effect: [Tactic] buff. 

Tactic:
Activate [Ignas - Tactic] buff when you deal a critical hit. 

Ignas - Tactic:
+250 magic critical attack damage. 
(max 2 stacks, duration: 10s)

Boots - Leather | Unique Grade šŸ”“

P.Def	960
M.Def	960

STR šŸ”¼ 59
DEX šŸ”¼ 59
Movement speed šŸ”¼ 1
When equipped, gain special effect: [Watch/Regard/Sharp Eyes]  buff

Sharp Eyes:
Activate [Ignas - Sharp Eyes] buff when you dodge (evade) an attack. 

Ignas - Sharp Eyes:
Increase critical rate by (70 Ɨ numbers of [Sharp Eyes] buff stacks) for 10s.

Pants - Plate | Unique Grade šŸ”“

P.Def	2880
M.Def	1440

STR šŸ”¼ 59
INT šŸ”¼ 59
CON šŸ”¼ 59
BLOCK šŸ”¼ 52
When equipped, gain special effect: [Fury]  buff.

Fury:
When you receive a damage, gain a (5 Ɨ [Fury] buff stacks)% chance to trigger [Ignas - Fury] buff.

Ignas - Fury:
Increased Max Attack +250 (up to 3 times for 10s)

Apologize if there is any mistranslation, the image is quite blurry.
Fixed wording.

6 Likes

It would be a matter of off-hand and main-hand distinction. You remember how haka swords are held in the off-hand slot but gems still read it as a main-hand weapon. For historical basis, there are gun daggers too.

barrel version or grip version

1 Like

Iā€™m really curious on what they will do to Chaplain.

I would think that is bad tho, i mean SPR giving critical rate. Classes such as say fencer would require not only STR, DEX and CON but also SPR pushes classes that uses Physical attacks into the ā€œExpensive to even play properlyā€ category whereas classes such as the wizards* will have a clear advantage because of the one lesser stat needed.

Pushing further on this point, for swordies&archers having their stat modifiers split from 3 to 4 would weaken the two classes further with their form of gameplay. The stats would just simply be unbalanced.

& before anyone bother mentioning this issue for clerics, itā€™s my opinion but ā€œclericsā€ are ā€œhealersā€ lorewise and considering classes such as monks-zealots-inquisitors are the outliers retaining some aspects of the main body, hence firmly putting clerics into their role of ā€œhealerā€ rather than a class that can do everything.

should be critical rate (ģ¹˜ėŖ…ķƒ€ė°œģƒ)

it just says +250 attack (ź³µź²©ė „) per stack, maybe to both matk and patk since the armor features INT and STR?

My Feather Foot totally dead without Linker, remove Linker out of Wizards such a wrong step of Devā€¦

Psychokino is a good way to group&CC enemies. You just need more AoE attack ratio (Staff and AoE attack ratio equip helps).
Or you just add Elementalist/Pyromancer/Cryomancer for AoE attacks and use FF mostly for protection (e.g. to protect from getting interrupted while casting with Levitation) and single-target damage.

I played Kino>FF and I didnā€™t miss Linker while leveling.

2 Likes

as people have said, FF can fill some other role without linker. It pairs very well with psycho and warlock as a DPS.

If you had a linker/FF/thaum farmer, then youā€™ll have to try out Linker/FF/Corsair. You wonā€™t have the sustain, but youā€™ll be able to get even more loot.

I love my FF but Iā€™m going to be fine with replacing linker and thaum in the build. Love the sound of FF/Warlock/Psycho. So much synergy!

FF isnā€™t on Scout :confused:

probably meant LInker Thaum Corsair

Also on FF synergies: if Necro and FF remain mostly unchanged then Necro will actually provide so much debuff uptime using shoggoth decay, flesh hoop demoralize, corruption, necro bane etc etc. Not to mention the aggro pull the minions can do so you can just mob train and stab everything to death.

1 Like

oh yeah, i meant Linker/Thaum/Corsair. Whoops.

And while it is a bit sad to see the classic FF farming build go, it does open up FF to be the ā€˜sustainā€™ option in the wizard tree without feeling like a waste. I like FF a lot for its mechanics, but it always felt like I was doing something wrong if I wasnā€™t using it as a farming character. With that out of the way Iā€™ll be free to combine it with my favorite wizards and save like 3 character slots!

That said, with Thaum/Linker out of the Wizard tree, I wonder if there will be other farming builds that pop up in Scout instead. Thaum/Link used to be a very versatile farming core in the wizard tree. It worked very well with Sage, Onmyoji, Enchanter and Shadowmancer to name a few options.

In the scout tree, other than the obvious Corsair you can still do the classic Thaum/Link/enchanter. Itā€™s going to feel weird without Transpose though. But what else?

So this confirms that scout really is a thief-esque tree. Hereā€™s to hoping that ā€œfree stepā€ is the new running shot for scout AA builds.

Keep in mind scout is sword main hand.

1 Like
  1. About Scout stats : They are inded only physical stats for all classes in the tree : so only str/con/dex.
    Based on that it may mean that most likely thaumaā€™s buff will either be a % scaling either a flat scalling of stat.

2. Featherfoot isnā€™t with linker and thauma yeah, we all know that. Doesnā€™t mean that FF will still NEED them to work. You are still thinking as FF as actual FF, not as the new FF they will most likely show.

3. Also since skills factors will be based on number of ennemies you hit etc. FF could be a really strong 1v1 type of magician if they let skills as they are right now. Is it bad? Nope not at all. It just means that either you go focus on a full 1v1 build with it. Either you mix it with an aoe class to be abble to have some good 1v1 spells and some aoe spells. :wink:

4. I see also a lot of people crying about the fact all clerics class have hybrid stats. So first for the purpose of hybrid builds and being able to mix all classes in the tree how you want, you canā€™t make somme class with no stats at all> cause the formula of average to calculate a stat would become too hideous. :wink:
    Also once again, you donā€™t know how the classes are in the cleric tree now. All stats may be important.

5. Lastly : Cleric bonus modifiers (HP/SP/HPregen/ā€¦) is the class with the most different benefits. It may be the one with the stronger ones. Thatā€™s why having hybrid modifiers for all classes, with an average that may feel weak compared to others may not be an issue. Cause the other modifier of the tree itself may counterpart it. :wink:
    Also they can heal themselves for sustain so of course they canā€™t be THE TOP dps. :wink:
    And still you donā€™t know SPELLS factor. ^^
    Maybe ā€œdps type classesā€ of cleric will have stronger factors than the other three to counterpart those low stats modifiers. :wink:

Here is the Class Tree Stats Modifiers for those who didnā€™t see it :

4 Likes

Any news/clue about the new ā€œscoutā€ classes? Thats what iā€™m mostly curious :eyes:

The modifiers are complicated,though.

Swordsman and Scout seem to have the best modifiers among the Classes.
Itā€™s strange that Swordsman has a high magic defense modifier,though.

I wouldā€™ve set Swordsman with 300% physical and 200% magical defense and put Cleric at 200% physical 300% magical defense since Swordsmen are not adept to magic in training while Clerics learn magic spells and use them in mock battles during education.

Critical hit resistance might be good if monsters can crit, but if they canā€™t, itā€™s a useless modifier outside of PVP; it wouldā€™ve been better to add a Healing stat modifier instead if monsters canā€™t crit.

HP recovery and SP recovery modifiers seem useful and useless at the same time, because it certainly will only affect the substat, which is only influenced by base level, attributes and equipment now.
If it also affects recovery boni (e.g. potion recovery,card recovery,skill recovery) it could be quite useful,though.

The SP modifier is the most intriguing feature in my opinion, as SPR will no longer affect the SP amount, making it either hard or easy to manage SP.

I hope IMC made the right decision and averaged SP consumption equally among all Class Trees (so Clerics and Wizards no longer use more SP on average than Swordsman/Archer/Scout, but all Classes have the same basic SP consumption),
because only in that case the SP recovery and SP maximum modifiers would actually make a difference and let Swordsmen,Scouts and Archers run out of SP faster.

Just read through the posts in this thread from 8th to 11th of November and you will find a lot of information on Scout.