Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

Sigh… more waiting. Maybe/Perhaps they are considering more options now?

THAT coming in by end of April followed by Transcendence removal. :open_mouth:

/s

Not much. Since the announcement was just edited. It will be 4 and 5.
(They probably made it so with that in my mind. At least I would think so.)

1 Like

Highly doubt THAT will make them change their minds though lol.

1 Like

Oh right timezones.

We can dream!

Somehow I doubt that since it’s only 2 days delay but I guess it’s possible.

What is this THAT?

@Nekorin’s idea:

As you could probably tell I’m a proponent.

1 Like

Just using google translate on that page yielded this:

1. Basic combat calculation Improved by log scale-down method.
  2. From 04/05 (Wednesday ) , we will show you the video or TOS development team sequentially.
  3. Improvement of each stat efficiency and reorganization of usage by character.
  4. Currently fixed number of skill damage and effect digitization. (skill scalability)
  5. All equipment item basic ability value numerical reorganization (gear balance)
  6. Item enhancement / transcendence System efficiency and cost change (easier trans?)
  7. Difficulty control of all fields and dungeons. (nerf content to fit low populations)

So it looks like:

• Stats boosted
  • Skills scaling better
  • Gear balances
  • Transcending / item enhancement changes (easier? less cost?)
  • Dungeons / fields nerfed (already done)

So if google translate and my interpretation of this it would mean that the developers are aiming to make stats relevant and not just mean we have 2 specs which are Health or Crit rate. I mean when was the last time you heard someone suggest going spirit or spread their stats around for a spec? It’s either you go full DEX or full CON right now and no exceptions. STR and INT simply do not matter in the long run with transcendence. Right now only Pyro can be end game DPS with 0 DEX and 0 CON investment thanks to how Agny necklace works.

Which leads to gear “stat re-arrange” which might just mean how stats on gears work. It might mean chest / legs aren’t just pure armor and boots evasion and gloves pointless accuracy / magic amp. Or it could mean that they are making stats affect what gears give? Who knows.

Which leads to the most important part: Transcendence changes.

• I strongly think they will make it weaker. Much, much weaker.
    Don’t expect your Stage 10 whale characters weapon to give 550% anymore but maybe along the lines of 300%.

• But I believe they will make transcending much cheaper, so you’ll do it more on other stuff than just weapons. Right now the ET meta is just transcend your weapon and let Ausrine from Diev carry you with invincibility coupled with Meistis.

• They want you to keep farming for Blessed Shards.
    This means no changes to Saalus. I hope they still have more news on this. I think everyone is tired of doing this dungeon every day as their end game content.

Also I think we can expect:

• One stat reset potion.

For all your alts.

9 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy_cat: :joy: :joy: :joy:

9 Likes

We really need to get to the point they gonna make a quest you can receive a rank reset every month. Like seriously. There is no way all our alts can handle all those changes.

2 Likes

A in-game quest is what most of us wanted in the first place but IMC is a Korean developer and they don’t see eye to eye with that kind of thing.

2 Likes

Stage 10 for everyone is comminggggg :laughing:

My suggestion to rework “Transcendence” is to just cut it in half.

Half the boni:
Stage 1: 5%
Stage 2: 10%
Stage 3: 20%
Stage 4: 35%
Stage 5: 55%
Stage 6: 80%
Stage 7: 110%
Stage 8: 145%
Stage 9: 185%
Stage 10: 230%

Half the cost and refund everyone half their spent “Blessed shards”.

Makes the entire system less exaggerated.

4 Likes

It needs to be linear progression with linear requirements to be feasible scaling.

lets say 15% per stage, and only 1 gem more per stage to upgrade, so stage 10 would be 150%, and would cost 10 gems.

7 Likes

Just think about how long players are expected to Trans a piece of gear.
Again I think it’s similar to the gem system in that level 10 isn’t really supposed to be used right now.

Part of what helped Gems out is the addition of more abrasives and the presence of monster gems.
They should just reduce the access time by means of higher shard/gem generation and/or reduced costs.

1 Like

lvl 10 Trans= 50% moreAtk/deff/Whatever.
That would be balanced!

It takes around 550 shards to get Stage 10 on ONE item.

Currently we have

• Bottom
  • Boots
  • Legs
  • Ring 1
  • Ring 2
  • Necklace
  • Weapon1

Some classes have 2x weapons (off-hand/shield) so add 1-3 if you include weapon sets.

So 8 to 11 items that need transcending. Of course you’re saying we don’t need them to max, and that’s true, I know. However say if you did transcend say your full Solmiki and weapons, you would need:

4440 to 6050 shards.

That’s 2220 to 3025 daily runs on one character or
6.2 to 8 and a half YEARS to run it with Saalus on one character with Token.

That to make ONE set of armor for ONE character that is BOUND and UNTRADEABLE and UNUSABLE by alts.

If you were to buy all your shards for 190k a piece…
843,600,000 to 1,149,500,000 silver…

This isn’t including the price of the actual transcending itself.

Which is why if you see someone with all gears transcended to 7 I can guarantee that they have had a Necromancer Farming Dina Bee since the beginning.

The unfunny thing is I’ve learned from Dina Bee farmers that the max amount of silver a character can carry is only 200,000,000 silver and the bank only supports 400,000,000 silver.

tl;dr - transcendence was a mistake from the start

Read this for more information:

7 Likes

Dont forget then rank9 is released and IMC has to balance content under the assumption that people have stage 10 trans weapons and armor!

Anyone who doesn’t, hits for 1s and gets one shot!

they should just ditch shards and have weapon exp and levels.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with balancing content around a weapons base damage + upgrades, as long as INT and STR actually mean something in the future.

Make INT and STR boost damage by a %…and suddenly you don’t need asinine mechanics like transcendence…