Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

Or remove transcendence and balance content around those normal damage values. No need to go add crazy mechanics for damage calculations if the content doesn’t get insanely difficult.

Even without transcendence I am not sure i would put points in INT or STR since they are just flat values.

As a physical class would i want to raise my damage by 1, or boost my evasion, accuracy and crit? The scales are tipped way too heavily to CON and DEX.

It Being flat doesn’t really matter.
Weapons are flat. Anvils are flat.
Transcendence just increases the value per Ilevel.

Rods magic attack = Ilevel+4. So every ilevel they gain 1 more damage…
Stage 10 Trans just means that every ilevel they gain 6.5 damage instead.

Swords,maces and spears are ilevel+3.5 (mean). Still 6.5 more per ilvl based on stage 10 trans. Which also means a Crit is 3.25 more damage per ilvl for that weapon. Crits are also 0.5 more damage per level of the character (since you gain 1 damage per lvl)…

Dex only really provides about 55-65% Crit rate before Monstrance/Swiftstep.
Which is even less then that 3.25 when averaged out.

If you know the gain per weapon is 6.5 (it’s not for all weapons, some are higher like 2h sword,cannons and bows) and you know that 1.5 that is 9.25 (+3.25) then you can already start thinking about what flat values are equivalent. Throw that crap into excel or w/e.

is there news on blessed shards/gem? Tradable? Team storage? Marketable?

weapons and upgrades increase with higher levels.

I just stated what the increase is.

You gain 1 physical/magical attack per level as a player.

A Rod, Spear,Mace, rapier, Sword gain 1 physical/magical attack per Ilevel.

Bows, 2h swords, 2hswords, staffs,crossbows, cannons, crossbows, Musket have a multiplier which doesn’t make their increase not linear it just means it’s greater then 1 (not getting into all that here).

The Anvil increase per rank is literally 2 +Star. for weapons -_-.

A lot of ■■■■ in this game currently increments by 1 point, including STR (except for warriors who get 1.3 physical attack per strength).

Part of the desire to implement transcendence was to make weapons get a larger increase. They decided to make this through an upgrade system instead of just buffing the crap out of weapons but w/e. Similarly they buffed gems earlier because well gems were largely insignificant.

A 10 star weapon is going to give you 12 more physical attack for upgrade +1.
It’s say ilevel 600 and a sword. Its average attack ((min+max)/2) will be 603.5
One point higher than the i level 599 sword/mace/spear with an average of 602.5

You trans 10 and that 1 point difference from Item level 599 to Item level 600 becomes 6.5. Something much more significant. Crits are 50% so 100% Crit means an additional 3.25 more damage from a category of trans 10 weapons per ilvl.

These are simple numbers…

A lvl 600 full dex archer would have over 1000 crit rate just from dex and nothing else. That’s about 35/36% more damage on average instead of 50%.

That means 2.34 more damage Trans, excluding base physical attack, other gear and skill damage…

Tl;dr. If someone took all the time to throw the info in Excel/ a google doc or whatever they’d probably find Strength should give something like 3 or 4 physical attack & crit damage (I’m guessing) per point to compete with Dex and a stage 10 weapon.

It’s not 550 shards, to upgrade a single weapon to Trans. 10 will cost you 2830 shards.
Armor = 1430 shards
Acessory = 1250 shards
Shield = 1610 shards

So, to upgrade a full set of equipments for ONE character will cost you:
If you use only 1 weapon (two handed):
Weap: 2830
Top: 1430
Bottom: 1430
Gloves: 1430
Boots: 1430
Bracelet 1: 1250
Bracelet 2: 1250
Necklace: 1250
TOTAL: 12.300 shards
With Onehanded+Shield: 13.910 shards
With Dual Weapon: 15.130 shards

Lets suppose your build is dual weapon, and you do Saalus twice (token user) daily with 10 alts.
10x2 = 20 shards/day
15130/20 = 756,5 days

It will take more than 2 years playing everyday with 10 characters to transcend ONE set of equipments
With only 1 character the game will close before you finish your transcending.

10 Likes

Explain the people who have trans 10 all equips. Im also figuring out if they made any violations. Wish they will be interviewed on how did they acquire it.

I don’t feel any jealousy among those who did, but It’s really questionable. I hope one day the GM/Staff can ask them on how they manage to get it all transcend.

I know and you know the answer about this so hoping the Talk where the CEO quotes “we don’t want to remove transcendance because it will be unfair to those who invested on their character” Right, then how about those who invested thru RMT?

6 Likes

Cough* RMT or they’re just one savy market player which is very unlikely.

1 Like

Even if they obtained half the shards from dailies and bought the rest from the market at 200k, that’s still over a billion silver.

2 Likes

With the amounts of bots/afk and cheaters and the time they had to do it, the silver should be really cheap for RMTers.

They paid some good disposable income for that cheap/worthless virtual money if that makes you feel better.

I am sure that if IMC decide to look at those people with many Lv.10 Transcend items they will see that in at least 90% of the cases the money came from another account, the RMT is too obvious in this game, even people that I see playing 10 hours or more everyday and investing time only to farm don’t have such transcended items. Facebook RMTers groups sometimes are more active than the other groups related to ToS.
I know that a lot of people think that RMT is fine, that is ok for people that can’t farm in game(due to not having much time for play), farm money in real life to compensate that.
I am not telling this only because RMT is illegal, but, simply because of course that’s not what happens, no one wants to compensate anything, they just don’t care about nothing, even playing as much as hardcore players do, they still buy things because they can, and create unfair advantage, and they’re not even afraid because they know that IMC will not ban them.
I wish that IMC one day realise that all this money spent by players with RMT could’ve been earned by them, and I am not talking about p2w stuff, If they care enough to invest time searching and banning those who buy from RMT and who sells (not talking about the fake accounts spamming in the cities), I am sure that a lot of people who buy from RMTers could start buying TP instead, supporting the company, and who was willing to buy would’ve have a second thought afraid of the ban hammer. I know that this is not easy to do, but they should at least try, I mean, I don’t have the feeling that they’re doing something about it, not even that they care.

ps: sorry for my bad english and for changing the focus of the thread

5 Likes

I really hope their plans for the transcendence system are sane. If it remains anything close to what it is now, it’s going to be the final nail in the coffin for this game.

2 Likes

On Eu Fedimian, for some times the shards where arround 200K silver, even less sometimes 170K. But on calculation for a stade 10 for one weapon it would be arround 566 Million silvers.
That’s 628 days if you farm 900K per day only with one char. But that’s if you buy everything.
If you do two shards per days + buy 3 per days, and use the rest for items to buff it means > 566 days.
If you do so with two chars you fall to 283 days.
So it means for those who did it to be full legit, they would have needed to do it with four chars that way. Or just earn even more money. Then we all know most of the guys used afk necros to get to this point.
Cause the two way to gather enough money to do so, is either a warlock 2 and farm 2-4hours per day (which is possible, but most people will get tired and bot their way out of this). Or have four builds made to farm d170 (scout builds for example). ^^

4 Likes

Don’t want to derail this thread regarding KTOS/TOS
otherwise we are still the community within.

Blablabla it’s freaking kTOS General Thread v2.0 here. :wave:

5 Likes

Man I’ve used the reset potions to empty out the stats for a bunch of characters just looking for the notes to see what I’m finna do.

New clothes,event and green penguin(???)

Archer ones actually look great. But I wish Fencer could use them instead :frowning:

it does looks like fencing outfit right? lol

1 Like