Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Something like that works too. Rune of Magic had quite possibly one of the smartest cross classing system I’ve ever seen in a game where it basically changes base skill mechanics into new ones depending on your choices. I just feel if they don’t reassess the placement of certain classes in that range the whole balance thing is going to end up flopping on it’s face almost entirely.

The early game just lacks proper diversity within circle 2 to 3 that people would actually prolly feel better having more open choices getting to the class off shoot you wanted more earlier. Then since half of them get trumped by about rank 7+ circles it just wouldn’t be so bad because you actually had time to use the classes skills before they fell off.

I kind of wish I spoke Korean and could convey this over there in some way because it quite possibly is one of the biggest fundamental balance problems aside everything they are changing.

1 Like

Spr-Str-Int! Now that’s what I call a rainbow build!

he gets 111 int from mace, he has little to 0 investment on int

The Class system works fine as it is.
You’re all just excusing poor balancing.
“If the glasses are underperforming let them be picked earlier” what the fuk.

I’ve said it before for a class like Sadhu
All four of its C1 skills are about the Out of Body State. One of them is to enter the state, three cannot be used outside of it.
You cannot take this premise and make this state or the skills that require it irrelevant and yet for the past year and change the only “reedeming” factor is a skill that has absolutely jack squat to do with the classes premise and we’re not talking the C3 skill either. Sadhu’s problem is internal balance within Sadhu that cannot remotely be fixed by sliding it down to C2 or C3 for instance. That this entire gameplay dynamic is introduced in C1, in fact its the only way to experience the class, and you abandon it entirely or simply leave it in shambles? That’s not balanced, and that is not fixed even if you allowed it to be rank ONE class for cleric sub-classes.
Make it C2 or C3, its still a bad class that lacks focus.

Lets look at Rodelero. One of the worst classes in the CBT’s. It was given numerous, targeted buffs and even Shinobi synergy. This is now a class that people want to take not just thematically because they like the aesthetic but because it does something. Quarrel Shooter was the exact same way and yet now there are numerous QS3 builds, optimal or not because the class has something it can do well

You can’t handle classes in this game any other way.

13 Likes

My suggestions on how to buff Sahdu.

Sadhu’s focus should be on Out of Body State and utilizing skills in that state (whether it is cast from the main body or the spirit).

General core sadhu buffs:

• Remove the defence debuff during OOB. With the new log algorithm it is riskier than before if the player gets hit during OOB.

• Allow the main body to cast and channel skills as the OOB spirit attacks. Like a Sadhu <> Miko can channel Kagura dance while the spirit is auto attacking.

• Allow buffs and Dex to affect OOB auto attacks. As an exception perhaps Miko’s Kagura dance can affect AA with Sadhu too.

Specific skill buffs/attributes and changes:

Out of Body:

Create an attribute at C2 to make the spirit tether become a DoT as long as the monsters are touching it. A good idea on how this works is to look at how Sentry - Chains of Torment works in Diablo 3.

Example

This creates a unique playstyle in which the player will attempt to sandwich the monsters in-between the spirit and main body. It brings the focus of the entire class to OOB.

Reduce the casting time of OOB, currently it takes too long to setup.

Prakriti

Increase the running speed of the character back to the body. Can be a C2 attribute.

Astral Body Explosion

Will be really great if there is a mechanic in which the more the Auto attacks the spirit does in OOB form, the more ABE buff stacks there will be, so when the player ends OOB state in an explosion, the buff stacks will translate into additional damage.

Vashita Siddhi

To change to be an aura like skill which drains SP over 10seconds instead of being a channelled skill. Think of it like a moving dievdirby statue where the spirit can still continue to reposition and attack while Vashita Siddhi’s area of effect is still active.

Possession

C3 attribute to make possession uninterruptible when channeling under OOB state when the spirit is out. Decreased defence of main body while channelling Possession.

Transmit Prana

Changed to area of effect based channelling (increase hit range). With one of the core buffs to make sadhu’s spirit still able to attack and use skills while main body is channeling, should make this a more worthwhile skill than it is now.

Overall the idea is to capture the essence and what is unique of the class and center the playstyle around it.

18 Likes

So since we have some people testing bokor zombies out, what about [tet mamak la]? The skull is technically a summon:

• it has its own stats
  • it takes non 1 damage
  • it can take [blessing]

What happens to its damage per point of SPR?

Bad School Uniform, Pink sailor and Wedding dress costume series are commingggggggg (to ktest now) :laughing:

4 Likes

that one thing might be interesting though: on those notes there is a table of content for “legend” items.
ClassIDGradeBasicRatioReinforceRatioReinforceCostRatioTranscendCostRatioClassNameName
1 0 0 0 0 0 기본
2 1 90 100 300 100 Normal 노말
3 2 100 120 400 110 Magic 매직
4 3 110 150 500 115 Rare 레어
5 4 125 200 600 125 Unique 유니크
6 5 140 250 700 140 Legend 레전드

copy pasta looks a bit ugly. but u can actually see how strong they are compared to other items with a different rarity. doesnt seem tooo overpowered in comparison imo

1 Like

The class system is fine yes, however I did many times have the thought along the lines of “aw man, class X is placed so poorly in the tree, makes it hard to fit into builds with interesting combinations” etc.

So I would perhaps just question if individual classes really fit what rank they become available or not, rather than want to change the class system itself.

Of course it’s also very subjective (I feel like Elementalist should be an R5 class rather than R4, because it’s too early, you couldn’t have even mastered just a single element yet (Cryo or Pyro) and you get the option of mastering all elements already (have further issues with how it’s mostly Ice with some Fire, but that’s another story), as well as it being on R4 just makes it way too obvious as a follow-up to Wizard3, to the point where pretty much 99% of all Elementalists you come across is and has been “elememe” for the whole life of the server), but in some cases I also feel like the placements weren’t thought through.

Hoptile rank 3 lul

/20 characssss

It seems like IMC abandons 0 CD Skills…

• Thrust, Swordman
  • Attaque Composee, Flannconade, Fencer
  • Oblique Shot, Archer
  • Double Punch, Monk

(I hope i got every “0CD Skill” - correct me if there are more)
All of those mentioned skills have now 10s CD and 5 Overheats.

Heavy Shot - Archer
Crossfire and Barbed Arrow - Fletcher

Although, all of their aspd are now affected by DEX even with Double Punch. Shounen anime build anyone?

1 Like

Yep thx, i looked all 3 skills u mentioned up and they also have 10s CD with 5 Overheat now.

kTEST server has been updated few hours ago.

(Detailed patch note is out!)

There are some major changes I found and tested.

Missile type attack now are divided into three groups: Arrow, Gun (Pistol and Musket), Cannon.

Arrow deals 112.5% damage against Cloth and Leather;
Gun (Pistol and Musket) deals 112.5% damage against Cloth and Leather;
Cannon deals 125% damage against Plate.

There was a bug where DEX did not increase attack speed of 0 CD skills; now this bug has been fixed.
However, all 0 CD skills now are changed to 5 Overheats, 10 second CD.

And now these skills, whose speed is affected by DEX, will show a special blue mark on the tooltip, saying “Attack Speed.”

Skill balancing.
Some skills are largely buffed, such as Possesion, Hamaya;
while some are nerfed, such as Frost Cloud’s CD being increased to 45 seconds.

Two new Hunting Grounds (level 315 and 330) are added.

6 Likes

TBH i think that the whole “Overheat” system is bad as it it can be.

Its perfectly fine with having 5 Overheats, but why doe the CD not kick in the moment the first Overheat was used…oO?
-> If they implement this it would work fine i guess.

9 Likes

Because IMC doesn’t know how to code hurrrr.

You actually have to wait like double to CD of the first overheat for the entire skill to regen just one charge back.

2 Likes

Don’t the overheats recharge with twice the cd duration? Or at least they used to.

I want to see the opposite happen tbh, the fewer charges you use the faster said skill recharges. Makes it far more flexible.

Effigy, Tet Mamak La - Bokor.
Spear Throw - Hoplite.
Split Arrow - Scout.

But yeah, all of them have 10s CD and 5 OH (except Tet Mamak La).

1 Like