Tree of Savior Forum

Is WIZ3 KINO3 be good/decent for PVP,PVE?

Hello,

I currently am at Wiz C2, and planning to get WIZ C3, is Wiz3 kino3 great for pvp? Will it have hard time for leveling? I am aware that cryo3 base would be better, but Im trying to find a good pvp (both 1v1 or 5v5) build while great on pve as well.

Any other builds that are based on WIZ3 are kindly welcome :slight_smile:

WIZ C3 is useless if you don’t go for Elementalist or classes with low casting speed skills

don’t trust anyone that says Wiz3 is only for Elementalist! Quickcast is a spell that is almost good on ANY dps Wizard, since it gives 50% extra dmg on spells, which is huge!

with wiz 3, kino 3 you would still do just fine in PVE, using raise, gravity pole, psychic pressure to farm a big group of mobs and fill the downtime with Magic missile.

sure it will be hell to get from wiz 1 > wiz 3 & psycho 1 > psycho 3. But i think once you reach that point, that you will have a lot fun with it.

and don’t Forget that you will have one of the better PVP-Builds endgame, since your CC can go through the Plague Doctor buffs.

it would be like:

wiz 1 (normal)
wiz 2 (hell)
psycho 1 (hell)
psycho 2 (hell)
psycho 3 (finally)
wiz 3 (omg it’s so good)
warlock/cyro (i’m actually pretty awesome)

or the wiz 3 > psycho 3 route. But you would rely heavily on a party. The only good skill that you will use till Psy3 is magic missile (and psychic for bosses). To hell, with both build you want to rely on a party and friends!

** if you plan to combo it with Cyromancer, i would rec. getting Cyro, Psycho first.

I’m playing a Wiz > Cyro > Psy > Wiz 3 rn. and i’m solo’ing just fine (lv 140)

3 Likes

You need Surespell to rely on Psy Pressure now, and if you go C2 Wiz you should go C3 too.
I guess it’s good, but you’ll suffer leveling it.
I would recommend rushing wiz3 first, as it’s pretty good now.

1 Like

No. Please don’t spread out lies. Wiz 3 is awesome. +50% dmg to any damage skill you have? Please.

Also Magic Missile.

2 Likes

It would be ok… thats it, not very viable, certainly not for pvp.
I dont think you should go for it, you will regret that time investment.

but on what thesis did you make the assumption that it’s bad for pvp? psychokino C3 is in my opinion one of the best pvp classes right now, tons of CC, yes please. Please prove me otherwise.

1 Like

Yes tons of cc, but you dont have enough damage, you have no burst like Cryo Wallpp, you wont be able to kill high con classes or… healers… nope, wont work at all. kino damage is pretty low, thats just how i see it. Feel free to think otherwise.

You are joking right? Have you seen the damage of Quick Cast + Psychic lv 15? Even gravity pole would kill if you channel long enough…Cyro 3 Kino 2 has better CC aka more freeze and better toughness with Subzero Shield. Damage is the least of Wiz 3 Kino 3’s concern. Raise + Quick Cast + Psychic Pressure can probably wipe your team…
PS: Not to mention Rank 7 Class. Quick Cast + Warlock spell = not enough damage?

1 Like

Quick Cast Damage buff also works with your auto attack

Wiz three is by far the most versatile circle choice you can take, i prefer it way more then CRYO/Pyro.

Kino3 damage isn’t low and its top PVP Crowd Control too.

1 Like

So far, the damage from a psycho under Quick cast is awesome (134 right now). I’ve done some dungeons with Cyro/Psycho, they didn’t have my damage (2600 on each tick of psychic pressure cannot be out damaged by some shards from the wall), but i surely don’t have their utility till Psycho3.
Another thing : Fireball shards seems to do way mooore damage than icewall shards.
Don’t try to sell some dream, the PP+IceWall combo is effective under very specific conditions (since you don’t have the surespell, nor the quickcast damage bonus) and in most cases, you’ll find yourself not able to do anydamage till someones does the IceWall-hitting job.
I’ve played the Psycho/Cryo combo during iCBT (at some early stages), and it was just a little bit better for bursting, but not for damage dealing at all.

Why Wizard C3?

1. Surespell > To prevent interrupted from casting long cast skill.
  2. Quickcast > For long casting skills like Elementalist do.
  3. Quickcast’s Attribute > To add 50% to your damage.

Psychokino?
Only 1) and 3) are applicable, because you need holding down the key to cast Physic Pressure and Gravity Pole.

It is valid in PvP/GvG (Damaging + CC at the same time), but it still cannot match Elementalist in PvE simply Elementalist can stack multiple AoEs without holding down the key.

2 Likes

I’m going this build although i was a fan of memementalist In CBT2. I’m still not sure if this is the right choice but time will tell. Reasons why i choose psy over ele:

• Ele really suck against flying mobs. I died many times by ranged flying elite mobs. I can neither kill them or CC them (sleep doesn’t work on flying mobs too).
  • Except Frost Cloud, all other Ele skills fall off later. Hail is good on boss but that’s it.
  • Psy skills can deal dmg + cc at the same time which is always relevant.

And ofcourse, Psy is awesome in pvp and one of a few class can cc memedoctor in pvp.

Some wiz 3 - psy 3 vids:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_DliaI6kwdLoQU974geKCw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMZs0DfJFEhH7bQzylUPu7A

Gravity Pole is really awesome. Strong dmg + CC + -30% pdef debuff.
It was suck back then duo to lacking dmg but was buffed recently when they add the dmg enhance attribute.

ahahaha good old gungnir always up for a joke xDDD

as a cryo/psy (currently 183) i actually regret getting wiz 2 instead of cryo - why? because the 50% damage boost is HUGE

i say again

HUGE

on pressure and pole - both skills dont need int to be strong (anybody telling you to go int on a psy never played a psy before) and scale damn hard the more you advance! ofc you need arde dagger and more important also headgear with ele dmg up cause it raises your dmg in direct numbers and is ofc affected with the 50% from wiz 3 as well - wich is HUGE - currently i do about 2.4k a tick on pole and i dont even have wiz 3 - thatll be 3.6k on wiz 3 each grav pole tick aka one “shotting” any elite with just pole! awesome to solo grind and as i said the damage gets higher and higher cause both skills scale incredibly good with your ele up + wiz 3 buff - also you dont have to rely on raise (wich has a long cd) if you got surespell so thats on top of it

wiz absolutely for a dps monster psy and you got the choice to go warlock later on or feather wichever you like more

cryo more into the deeper pvp / and support role while still dealing decent damage but still alot less than wiz 3 / warlock psy — unless you got a rune caster in your team and can contribute bursty damage - not good for grinding tho long cds = always bad but ok for world bosses to land some nice shots every now and then

and again dont be afraid to go full con - a psy 3 friend took full int and delt less damage than i did on full con - after he changed he realised that there was an approx 40 dmg difference between full con and int so totally not worth it…none of psychos skills scale with int anyways (like an eles meteor for example or summons) and full con is really good at heavy bosses who could one shot you if you lag for a second (wich isn rare sadly)

2 Likes

Your gears probably are better. At level 200, full con and full int would have ~400 base matk difference. With quick cast + attribute that would be >600dmg difference per hit.

Elementalist and kino have VERY different playstyles. Ele thrives in PvE parties with stupid enemies that’ll walk over your spells for days. Its pretty easy to waste ele skills in 1v1 or 5v5 if you cant keep the enemies on lock. At least kino has a better time actually handling its targets and still hits hard with QC.

he had arde dagger that time and i didn…he only done like 120 more a tick than i did - after rerolling its been 70-80 more - without arde he dealt less than i did - had a shield on