Tree of Savior Forum

Intense Balancing: Clerics, Archers and More!

Many players who like to play full support might would’ve gotten Cleric C3, for example.
Many druid players dislike the duration nerf and skill usage nerf to Wolf form and don’t like running around as some sparkly Twilight character.
Also, not everyone wants to play meta builds, even with resets.

To be honest, it’s when there are no rank reset events that people hop on the meta train. During rank reset events, people can theorycraft their own builds and maybe even keep a non-meta build they found to be fun and actually viable. Without it, it’s better to play safe and make a cookie cutter meta character.

But whatever. How dare people want to have fun in this game? Thank god you’re not part of the staff, because the game would be worse than it already is. IMC was right when they gave QS players 2 rank resets when only a circle 3 skill was changed and 2 rank resets to Linker players when only how one of their skills work has changed, yeah? Thanks guys for being coherent and consistent in your “logic”. Rank resets should be given to Druid, Kabbalist, Ranger and Wugushi players.

6 Likes

I agree with an earlier statement of yours. Most of the forum goers requesting a sort of “Rank Reset Voucher allowance” would most certainly benefit from playing on a test server. Unfortunately the kTest server aren’t accessible to everyone easily.

Personally I’m of the mindset that, IMC should stop handing out Rank Reset Vouchers all together. They’re in the Steam store, if you’d like to support the game. The game is heavily in development; there will be more balancing and re-balancing for months if not years to come. Too many forum goers seem to be entitling themselves to a convenience.

Let’s support the game we’re all playing by paying for the occasional Rank Reset Voucher! Again, Rank Reset Vouchers are very much a convenience, they are not a necessity and certainly not a right.

You know you can only buy one Rank Reset pack per account, right?

That’s very unfortunate! I guess it sort of emphasizes that they’re a luxury.

So, for the comments proposed here, Tree of Savior, should be:

Token costing one billion
Bosses and other mobs must have immunity to everything to have a greater challenge
Have PvP everywhere, including in the character selection screen
And you, that’s right, you, the player born with the ability to predict the future, because, you should not have the right to redo your build.

And yes, things cited above are just to illustrate my sarcasm as to the inability of some here to be more reasonable about the needs of others and not just their own. Reset is an OPTIONAL thing and uses whoever wants, who does not want, who does not use. To stay in this boring thing of whether or not it has merit, is unnecessary and in no way contributes.

3 Likes

Sounds off-topic and pointless for sure.

And we all agree with that here, but you clearly don’t know the difference between a big and a small change.

Even if you could buy multiple Reset Vouchers, you’re not going to support a game by purchasing an item which should be a free feature that people shouldn’t need to beg for all the time, but you will support a cash grab system for sure. They wanted to make a game where your class choice is really important, but in the same time there are plenty of bugged skills, features, wrong tooltips, missing tooltips, error of translation, major changes to classes, new classes added to R8 etc… how the hell are you supposed to plan your build if there are too many things that can litterally change the whole aspect of your build ?

If this game desing was near perfection, Ranks Resets would not be a thing. We’re far, too far near a game which runs as intended in many cases.

there’s a lot of drama over rank resets both on forums and on reddit, which i usually read quietly and go on, but hell, what bothers me is why does everyone ignore the fact that we’ll get like several events which will result in at least 4 freaking rank reset vouchers even before all the changes hit our server?

i get it not everyone reads the ktos thread and follows korean patches, but even staff confirmed that in posts here like at least two times that i saw.

2 Likes

And hella did you even read ?

It’s cool they are giving Rank Resets through events, it’s still not what they should do. Did you really read all the stuff about RR things, because you should know many players proposed things to solve this kind of issue. And sorry but, 4 RR :joy: in a game where people have so many characters on one account. It’s not like Cleric was a popular tree at all btw.

We have differing opinions here.

Unfortunately the game is not where we’d like it to be, yet. It doesn’t mean it won’t be one day. Perhaps return when it’s closer to that ideal?

I do agree the game can be difficult to plan for, but this is more or less reiteration. Why not take a break and return when the game is more enjoyable for you?

You shouldn’t play a game that makes you bitter or uncomfortable.

4 Likes

Only players that wants to hope on the Meta train are whining and complaining and will give you any kind of excuses and explanations in why they should have a rank reset.

If you enjoy the classes concept you pick in the first place you would never need a rank reset.

I choose Wugushi a long time ago and it was not popular class but I choose it because I was in love the concept of poisoning my targets with or without nerfs. Because it’s the class I like even if they change it for the worst.

You all just want to throw excuses to justify why rank reset should be giving out because of the changes and claim is not because you want a meta build but in reality you all are not satisfied with the skills and damage rather with the class itself and what stands for.

Heck at this rate you might just get your rank reset but it’s sad how people are just not admitting that it’s all for the meta.

1 Like

You just want to dictate how people should play with their characters. If you aren’t able to understand something as simple as people having fun to test other playstyles or theorycraft their own builds instead of making a cookie cutter meta character, I just feel sorry for ya. You don’t even know the people here asking for rank resets and it’s already judging them and assuming they just want to hop to the new meta, when the rework won’t change anything about it. Just see how Elememe Warlock meta has changed or how Shinobi was replaced by something else with the Sword+Wizard rework. You’re just trying too hard to be annoying.

It’s also amazing how people get more bothered by others wanting to test and play other builds than with RMT players, AFK necros, hackers and exploiters, which is what really harms this game. I haven’t seen any arguments showing who’ll get hurt by people receiving rank resets for the upcoming rework.

6 Likes

Wrong. Case in point : Me. I don’t give a damn about meta builds, i just want to have fun. And i’m very sure there are many others like me.

Has it ever occured to you that people want reset vouchers not because of “going meta” but that some people thought something like “Oh, class X. That sounds like a damn nice class! And the skills look nice too” but then when they actually reached that class and played around with it they were underwhelmed by how its gameplay feels like, felt that it was not their gameplay style, wished they had made a different decision and now barely play that character?

4 Likes

Some classes like wugu and kabba not only got skills removed and brand new skills added, they also got skills moved to different circles. The argument some of us are making is that classes that get new skills and skills moved to different circles deserve a reset, not that every single archer n cleric should get a reset.

QS had a buff to a rank 3 skill, yet if you only had qs1, you still got a rank reset. If you had falc1, you got a reset. Yet wugu n kabba gets skills, removed, added, and moved to different circles and you still feel that even they don’t deserve reset? Really?

Lycan has been nerfed from a 5 min buff to a 30 sec buff. That alone is enough for a reset for druids, considering that all QS got a reset cause RS got buffed. Lol, how you give resets to a class that got buffed but not to a class that got nerfed?

5 Likes

The problem is that, as many of the posters have shown, they want resets to change their characters -into- the classes, and not because they already have circles in the said classes.

Its amusing how so many keep arguing why there should be resets because “oh that change makes that other circle I never selected interesting”, instead of “oh, I have to tweak the circles I selected now” like the QS change.

The lycan change is one thing that, in all honesty, there should be a rank reset given. That is the equivalent of changing Running Shot from 5 minutes down to a 30s duration/120s cd skill.

@Sayurichan I believe he’s arguing against those who want to switch into cleric/druid/ranger/wugushi and not against those who already have circles, specifically.

@Amber_Rei GOTTA CHASE THAT META! WOooooOOoO. :distinguished:

Cmon, it dosen’t take that long to level a new character, guys.

1 Like

The problem is that IMC is inconsistent and they are not giving resets to the classes that need it, when they need it.

We can go on about people wanting to change into these classes (which really isn’t inherently a problem), but the fact is wugus, kabbas, and druids who absolutely deserve resets aren’t getting them. We should be against IMC’s decision to not at least give these classes resets instead of arguing against resets.

Honestly, I would rather have more ppl chase the meta and actually be able to do content at a good/decent pace than to have them stuck with builds that get nerfed to the ground with no reset. Which scenario would you think would make a player quit?

1 Like

The point I’d like to make is, ToS allows any build to shine with investment, and the changes made, for example, to ranger, don’t change it all THAT much. I’ve mained a ranger3 schwarzer reiter 3 on iToS and I have tested the new ranger3 on test server, I’m not talking out of my beep. Yes, now it benefits 2 handed bow users more than it used to and has buffs to critical damage and a different spiral arrow, but are those changes really warranting a full change of build? Did you guys really think your builds so poorly? I know everyone wants to play with the new shiny toys, I just don’t understand why would you want to keep changing your builds so often and with every change. That’s it.

An example of a big change that warrants a reset? Not this one. I don’t think qs3 should have got it either, and I do play one. Also, last time people got resets by doing the rank rewind thing, getting one circle in the class that could obtain the reset, and claimed them. People just want a permanent, limitless rank reset npc at this point I think.

4 Likes

Yeah, keep parroting and repeating yourself while ignoring what everyone said here. Way to go on being a forum troll.

Of course it doesn’t, but tell us about our untradable stuff, event and gimmick titles, unlocked hidden classes, attribute points and premium hair colors. I have 17 characters at lvl 350+ and I don’t intend to delete them.

Nope. From my point of view, reset events should only happen when they release a new rank, but, since they gave Wizard players 2 weeks of daily resets, then the other reworked class trees deserve the same treatment too, or they should at least give rank resets to Wugushi, Ranger, Druid and Kabbalist characters only. It’s only fair.

Probably because the endgame is a daily chore fest, so changing the gameplay style of your character from time to time gives us some room to experience something fresh once in a while.

Let us stop with the cheap fallacies here. People just want consistence and coherence from IMC.

6 Likes

How is it an actual answer of what I’m saying ? I don’t need help to manage my own life man, I’m actually leveling an alt for Pied Piper but I almost left this game for a long time, and I do like a lot of other people : I reconnect when they make a big change and give RR that help to get ahead with the big updates. If we have different PoV it’s maybe because you’re talking about me (and I don’t get why) while I’m talking about the game in general.

And only stupid people make assumptions on what they don’t know. :confused:

Fore sure my Wizard3 Elem2 Linker2 Sage2 is a meta build.

I personnally dont’ have time to waste anymore, and it seems you don’t have a freaking idea on how many times peoples reseted a character during more than 1 year. And I’m not an exception, anyone would feel tired to do the same thing 50 times, especially if the leveling system is pure garbage. Plus you forget the amount of money spend for attributes or attributes tickets…

1 Like

First and foremost, I think re-balancing updates and similar situations in general should be dealt with on a case by case basis. I do not believe that because players of class X were given a Rank Reset Vouchers for X, despite X, should effect Y. We shouldn’t allow past decisions to limit what we learn and implement with future decisions and neither should IMC.

Secondly, while I understand that having the creative freedom of being able to re-roll when convenient is fun for many it detracts from game-play for me. I’d like everyone to enjoy the game, but the easier the game becomes the less meaningful our choices. That said, it won’ hurt any of us one way or the other. If the game becomes unpleasant for me I’ll take a break.

Lastly, I agree with and understand what a lot of you have said and I’ve tried to see everyone’s perspective. There’s no right or wrong when it comes to opinions. However, let’s all strive to remember we all just want to enjoy the game in our own ways and not attack each other.

This will probably be the last time I touch on the Rank Reset Voucher situation as it seems quite polarizing.

2 Likes