Tree of Savior Forum

Intense Balancing: Clerics, Archers and More!

Here, I’m here ! I’m the guy who doesn’t care about meta and things like that. I’m the guy who doesn’t like to follow builds from other people. In conclusion, I’m the guy who plays what he likes to play. Guess what ? I’m also the guy who will QQ more and more, because meta or not, the changes still make some of my build path irrelevant with all the changes, and make few builds I like to play less fun and enjoyable, because there’s now better way to build them.

I understand your PoV and share the eternal, “freaking play what you like”, but it’s not a valid point here, it’s kind of off-topic I would say.

I will add that since the last “big” update for Wizards and Swordmen, it helped a lot of players to return into the game. Nothing can prove it was because of rank resets, but I don’t think we really need a Sherlock Holmes to confirm rank resets helped people to come back. Will anyone who left the game and were not really into Wiz/Sword builds will come back if they see an interesting patch for them, but not so much because there is no rank reset ?

2 Likes

I think the better question would be…

How many that came back, actually stayed?

1 Like

I noticed that as well. I’m glad they’re re-iterating on the Archer tree again, but I hope they reexamine Rogue and Hackapell the third go-around. I’m becoming a bit worried they’ve forgotten us…

Also, I don’t think Hackapell will receive much benefit from Steady Aim, as it specifies “Missile damage,” but I’m hopeful the changes to Critical Shot will benefit Hackapell.

Doesn’t seem like Hackapell will get much value from rank 2 as a whole (Quarrel Shooter or Ranger)… Fingers crossed they address this next time.

1 Like

Lel, look at your first post and now you changed your view. Whatever “Topkek”

My view has not changed. I have always been against giving global rank resets.

Your comprehension needs some work.

@chohsan Should work by using critical shot as a filler or opener in hacka builds. The old Ranger/Rog/Hacka build would work fine (Feint / Barrage / Critshot).

Welp, twist all you like “topkek”

Thank you for the dev post.

What effects we got by using an attribute reset potion ?
Does it regive all points on the char, or tickets ?
Can we swap attribute on another char ? Wouls like to swap like 40k points on my DPS not my support char :frowning:

http://steamcharts.com/app/372000

This game works like that now, people who come back may leave later, but the game is populated whenever they make a good change. The question you are asking is only interesting for you because here everyone know how it works.

What IMC should’ve was wait till they reworked hunter and scout before announcing any archer balancing. Then, when the balances are released, give archers a reset event like the wizards. 1 archer gets 1 reset a day. You would’ve had around 5 classes having major changes at once. But I guess they are too content with doing hese onesies and twosies.

I would argue that The few cleric classes being balanced along with the addition of a whole new stat (healing power) is enough to warrant clerics a reset.

EDIT: I don’t know much about druids but goodness what a nerf to lycan. How u go from a 5 min buff to a 30 sec buff. Smh, and some ppl will see that n still think we shouldn’t get resets.

@Staff

But those people log in, reset out of their chars, look at the “100 most popular builds”, make their new build, play around with it a bit and then they log out again until next patch. That’s why I say they’d love to constantly play on the test server. I also love to play around with builds, but the point of the game is, when you’ve found your favorite build, to power it up more and more with gear, gems, attributes… And OCCASIONALLY change to a new build if the old one became boring or something.

As I can see, someone in IMC Dev Team really hates Paladin class why use 10 holy waters in Barrier? I need a rank reset, Paladin is my favorite class, i will have c1 only c3 will not conpensate anymore. (sorry about my english)

Yes, and so, if you’re a bow lover and made a Mergen without Ranger in your build, what’s wrong if you want to rank reset ? Who cares if it’s a meta build or not, we’re not here to judge why people want to reset, as long as IMC is changing core aspects of the trees, they need to give rank reset. They don’t even need to give 2 weeks of rank resets, just one per Archer/Cleric is enough, at least for people who are here for a long time.

The thing is, it’s not even IMC who say they are against rank resets, it’s mostly players who are against this (and a minority of players). If you check how IMC communicate they never really say clearly what they want to do with their game, they use sentaces with global meanings. It’s only the playerbase that wants to hit themselves in the feet.

I don’t really get how judging people would be a valid argument against rank reset, this is clearly off topic and pointless.

5 Likes

For the archer tree specifically, these are all buffs. None of the affected classes are nerfed. This can mean that there could be more builds that are viable and we could possibly see less of the current meta builds because of that.

Think about it, there’s barely any ranger3’s, wugus, and fletchers in the most popular archer build. This could change and diversify the archer meta.

Archer2 Ranger2 Fletcher2 Schwarzer Reiter 3

I personally don’t have a lot of knowledge about Archers, but I’ll gonna share anyways

Also Archer2 Ranger 1 Wugushi3 Appraiser Bullet Marker2

what is that addon that shows your crit chance called?

altarget. Shows a whole bunch of stuff, you can set what you want to see. There is Critical, Evasion, Gematria/Notarikon numbers… there is more stuff that I can’t remember right now

Not off topic or pointless, I just hate people using this game as a sort of fun character building simulator always chasing down flavor of the month builds without ever going down the “build a character with logic and synergies and then start the long run towards actual optimization of that character”. I understand resetting out of builds that become completely sub-optimal, but not wanting a reset because of small changes in a couple of buffs and skills in a class that maybe doesn’t even really benefit your build.

3 Likes

@Asriel explain it very well why they don’t and fully agree with him.Odd because I was like you before until I read his reply and it convince me.

Every class got a buff and not a nerf so why get a rank reset…so you can hope on the Meta train…not happening buddy…I’m sry

1 Like

The problem in his point of view is the act of generalizing. I have ranger 3 on one of my archers, and with that change, the structure of my build changes. Considering the synergy you approached, it becomes much better with classes than the one I built. In addition, and as was said above, the intention here is not to judge the request for the reset, but rather why not, considering the changes compared to what happened with qurrel shooter and falconer and that they received the reset. Regarding what you said about the construction simulator, you clearly ignore the fact that this game is still BETA and therefore we were not presented all classes so stop giving up this dialog that we must already have the construction ready . There will still be class implementations and skill adjustments. For this reason, there is no reason why we should not reconsider our point of view on this since the game does not allow us to freely reverse what we have done with our classes. And, once and for all, present arguments better than “I hate.”

1 Like