Tree of Savior Forum

Inquisitor path?

Sorry for (maybe) having the same opinion as anyone above

I myself rolling Cleric 2 > Diev 1 > Paladin 3 > Kabbalist > Inquisitor
Stat will be 100CON, rest to DEX

Why Kabbalist at rank 7? Because Free SP from ein of sof+attribute :slight_smile:
Inquisitor makes Physical Cleric (FINNALY) can compete (not winning) with other Class Physical Dealer (Swords and Archer) , but with a cost. High SP Cost, If you count, to spam smite+convic+godsmash and just some other skill (likeā€¦Healing, your main duty lol), you can consume about 2000-3000 SP per minute, and I cant see how SP potion will be ā€œcost efficientā€ with that high usage, so I think you can lose some damage from monk for more sustainable damage + A liite bit support (R7F) :slight_smile:

1 Like

main str/dex base build

cleric2 diev2 monk3 inquisitor
cleric2 diev1 paladin3 any(doctor most fit) inquisitor

spr support paladin cleric2 krivis1 pala3 not fit inquisitor too much but fine

how about these? you see any reason to avoid them?
cleric2 priest1 paladin3 any iniquisitor
cleric1 priest2 paladin3 any iniquisitor

Full SPR Cleric 2 > Krivis 1 is dead by now, since IMC fixed Zalciai, Zalciai will not reduce Crit Resist below Zero anymore, so Zalciai is kinda useless for yourself now ._,

do I need to pump Dex for Paladin - Inquisitor build? or do I need some Str too?

Pump DEX all day :slight_smile:
/#teamDEX
Reason:

"It is not until after 6390 total attack that pure DEX will become the highest dps."
That actually for swordsman and archer, but you count cleric case the same as swordsman because we dont have crit bonus from level like swords

As you can see all Inquisitor Skill will reach those 6.4k Damage easily and makes DEX more benefical than STR, so you should go full DEX with some CON

Wellā€¦ That is a little inaccurate. It was for a specific spreadsheet that had a small error in it. Also, itā€™s for the level 280 level cap.

Either way, Itā€™s more closer to 4000 for swordies and clerics for 100% crit rate at level 280. I donā€™t know the value for level 330 because I havenā€™t bothered with it.

Paladin3 Conviction + Godsmash = double God Smash damage:

Video Godmash with Conviction - 40k dmg, 60k crit:

Without conviction - 20k dmg, 30k crit:

1 Like

i was thinking cleric 2 priest 2 pala 3 inquisitor
80 points in con (105) 75 in spr (100) rest dex (221) could this be a good build?

the support from priest revive and mass heal realy speak to me aswel as lvl 10 aspersion 1 mons (dex) 5 resurrect etc

It looks nice.
Are you sure you donā€™t want blessing lvl 10? It adds some nice damage during your leveling of priest 2/3-cleric2. It is a decent party-damage booster at early levels. You could drop aspersion to 3/10 and get 10/10 blessing, if you prefer.

You may also save some points from Inquisitor rank1 if you will go inqui rank2.

if you are going for spr (100) would be best to sacrifice priest 2 for krivis1, since zalciei would still give a extra 110 critical rate, since many mobs at end game have a critical resistance close to 100 and the highest seems to have 130, so having krivis 1 would be like a 100 critical rate for pt and you.
losing mass heal,may be bad, but in the end would be if you prefer damage or supp, but one thing iā€™m sure, if you are going for mass heal (priest2) would be better to sacrifice those spr, because even at end game, many players are having 1k-1,5k m.ATK and the new base damage from skills as well, would make those 200 magic defense having fair little effect, even more since you could put those points in con for example to benefits more from mass heal.

yea i like the idea of support (cleric path afterall) altho krivis 1 aint a bad idea either
the spr was more for the sp pool and regeneration (barrier and turn undead have a lite scaling with it aswell so does heal/mass heal and deproteckt )
paladin is skill spam heavy so having a decent sp pool seems nice to me

the thing is, as i see, we have two fair nice reason that allow a inqui to achieve a reasonable amount of damage with god smash, and this is going dex because:
priest1 have a 30%+10 dex buff, this could result in fair more than 100dex later on, that would be the same as 100 critical rate and so on
the second would be with the spr-krivis variation, this would have less critical rate but would help the party as well.
Now since you have choice to put spr, and not dex that would result in a loss of close to 86 dex and by that would be 86 evasion + 86 critical rate , because the build 80con rest dex would have 307 dex, without even counting the dex cards , but letā€™s not forget about the buff from priest 1 that would also increase dex from a base of with 307 dex and not 221, so we can see that the lost of critical rate is close to 100 as well.
i myself have not done a complete set of maths, but for a 100% critical rate at 280 we need a little more than 650 critical rate without taking in consideration critical resistance if i can remember well the values so once you take in consideration that a high dex+ monstrance buff +cards a inquisitor would have close to 500 dex , so once we take in consideration critical rate gems and so on, is perfectly possible to achieve a fair high critical rate, iā€™m saying something close to 90% or more here.
Now if you take the spr route, you will be losing close to 86 dex in base value, so once we take mostrance buff as well, we are talking of a value a little more than 100 so letā€™s use 100 as example so by going krivis 1 you will be able to close this gap in critical rate with zalciei, and not only that but would also boost the magic defense from the pally and barrier, and also help the PT , so for me i believe that this is the best option if you are going the spr route.

Of course by going spr you also have a huge disadvantage, that is you must take krivis1 to close the critical gap when fighting mobs with high critical resistance, but like i said they also offer a lot of advantages, like extra critical rate for the entire party, daino , boost magic defense plus barrier as well, so is up to you.
one side note; you must remember that with the arrival of rank 8, of course most players would want to at least try to take their inqui to ET and this could be done with a correct setup, because the arrival of rank8 have brought something fair nice for melee classes that is raw damage, but one of the main aspect that does not allow swordsman and by that melee classes do ET is the lack of AOE ratio, it makes fair hard to surpass the floor with kill count, but now with the arrival of inquisitor wheel, this can somehow be overcome even if you do not have fair top notch equips, so once we take this in consideration, the party composition would also be one that benefits of the wheel, so we are looking at something like :
cyro-chorno+ lethargy that is 100% extra strike damage plus everything else that a chrono already give, like pass etc.
petal-rodel with their strike debuffs as well, that can go up to 150-200%
so we are looking at a 200%+ damage modified for god smash, without even counting the conviction that also doubles the damage, this will be more than enough to kill the waves, when WHEEL is UP.
Now, when wheel is down, there is other ways to also keep killing, but this would be for a topic where we discuss ET done by a meleePT with inquisitor, not this one so iā€™m done with this walltext.

Please mind the krivis zalciai (nerf) fix:

25 August 2016:

[Krivis]
- Zalciai
- Fixed error where this skill could cause enemies resistance to go to negative values.

Enemy crit resist cannot go lower than 0 anymore.
So if you choose SPR krivis, having SPR too high wonā€™t be efficient vs enemy. Will still be good zalciai friend-buff.
Krivis is mainly Daino (buying daino scrolls is annoying).

i know, but like he said, he will only put 75 on spr, that is close to 100, and also i have said about taking only krivis1 in the place of diev1 in his build.
my example about et ,where mobs have high critical resistance as well, 80+.
so we are talking about a situation,where mobs have fair high critical resistance, at least this is something that i have been thinking when i wrote about the spr, i believe i have even made a notion about it in my walltext, since iā€™m playing i may have forget, but i think is there.
this is also why i never said that by going spr he would surpass the dex build choice, but only ā€œcloseā€ the gap, be with enough critical rate bonus when fighting mobs with high critical resistance, or fair low critical rate bonus when fighting mobs with low critical resistance.

I understand. We need calculations for SPR zalciai vs DEX. I think 120-130 SPR + lvl 3 zalciai = reduce around 100 crit resist.

120 dex (ignoring dex bonus points, ignoring monstrance) = 120 crit rate.
Lvl 280, 100% crit = 666 crit rate.

You will sacrifice 18% of 666 crit rate to reduce 100 crit resist. You & party will benefit more from zalciai debuff on mobs. Plus you get +100 critical damage (very minor at lvl 280).

If he would go Priest1 + Krivis1, he will have monstrance party buff + zalciai party buff + aukuras reduce enemy accuracy + daino.
No revive buff though.

I believe priest2 = more defensive (revive, mass heal), and
priest1 kriv1 = more offensive & utility (zalciai, daino) for your party.

I forgot to mention, zalciai cannot hit flying enemies.

i have not done a complete set of math to discover the perfect spot where he Should STOP to put SPR , but i believe that going up to 120 like you have said , is already overkill when we take in consideration the benefits we will have with it.
now because the same factor you have pointed out in your post

i believe is impossible for a high spr character surpass the pure dex/con in critical rate, even if the take many of the disadvantages given by zalciei in other aspects , so would only close the gap a little, of course talking about the inquisitor alone, since we could never neglect the critical rate given to the PT, even more if we take in consideration the PT i have talked about before and this is why i have made the suggestion in the first place.
Now we are not talking about ā€œonlyā€ critical rate here, since the other ranks offer others options as well but For me i have made a suggestion about krivis, only because he have made the choice to go with SPR, because it is not something i would recommend for a pure PVE build, nor a hybrid pvp-pve build, not because SPR is bad, is because DEX would increase the damage better than spr, if we take in consideration critical rate, and CON would increase the ability to survive of the character more than the defensive aspect given given by spr.
now; about a priest 2 build, even more i would never put SPR , if he choice to go with it, simple because mass heal is % heal, so CON would be fair better, revive and so on is fine and very good as well, but there is not much about status difference, in those spells ,so there is nothing to mention about them.
for me the the best option for inquisitor right now is: going high con/dex, and by that losing a huge amount of critical rate, but being better at pvp.
or low con (75) rest dex, and having huge amount of critical rate with green gems, going up to 80-90% critical rate with the right amount of gems/equips.

This is the exact same build Iā€™m planning for similar reasons.

King of SP recovery!

I agree. Revive, resurrect, mass heal are easy skills.
Monstrance is easy to use too, and a good buff for archer friends/swordsmen too. Actually, priest has very easy skills. Just resurrect is difficult to aim due to the moving-dead-character-bug. Wizard & int clerics wonā€™t benefit from monstrance.

I think (str)DEX/CON + priest1 will be strongest too.
SPR/DEX/CON is luxury build for more SP, and a bit stronger Barrier & turn undead.

Paladin will have restoration attribute +SP regen to help SP.
Most of the support will be cleric2 Heal10 (and divine might) + safety zone, and some barriers. Priest2 mass heal is luxury extra emergency heal, and revive is a nice buff.

yeah, the main point for me at least, that iā€™m leveling a inqui, is the shift change of game play we are having with the arrival of rank8 and the main point is: pure swordsman party with DPS role being made of only swordsman. this is huge thing now, because finally with the right setup of debuffs, swordsmans can archive huge amount of damage, and this is very important for inquisitor, at least i think so, because if we as pally/inquisitor, want to be taken serious in ET or WB, we will need to work with swordsman, and not wizards, if you add the fact that wheel can overcome one of the huge flaw of swordsman that is the lack of aoe ratio, everything seems to point even more in that direction, pally-monk/inquisitor being the damage-supp hybrid in main swordsman partys.
So we need to shift our needs and tune our debuffs for them as well, and this is why iā€™m not so fan of builds that focus on Sp regen, or things like that, because we know that they are nice to have, but are not the main need for swords party.
Now about str builds, it may work with monks because of the toolkit that he have , and i must say that until three days ago, the monk build seems to be better in doing damage, because of the 50% strike debuff from rank2, but with the arrival of the hidden interaction of godsmash+ conviction, i have changed my mind, i find this really unfair for monks, but is something that can be done, because there is some of the rumors about the lhama class, that would be coming at rank9, for monks, so having a filler class at rank8 in monkā€™s build, seems to be something that IMC would do.
just think about the similarity of the classes for example:
hoplite rank3>> dragon rank 7 (filler at rank 6)
cata rank 4>> lancer rank 8(filler at rank 7)
Now if we take this for cleric.
we have monk at rank 5>> filler at rank 8 and lhama at 9.
just like paladin is rank 4 >>> filler at rank 7 and inquisitor at rank 8
We have many other classes combinations that can say that this is false and of course nothing is telling the catas to choice lancer and so on, but is without doubt that there is the similarity in the paths i have talked about, so the same think can happen for monk-pally as well since i like to think that Imc likes of those mind games, at least i think that is something that can happen.

1 Like