Tree of Savior Forum

Inquisitor path?

woah woah… selfish player detectad!!!

On a serious note, heal is 22 secons CD. you put heal tiles, and you DPS for 22 seconds… rinse - repeat

Why would you sacrifice you party ability to just say "I am dps, i will not heal"
That same logic makes people hate monks and any other DPS clerics…

I play cler2-diev2-monk3, and i put heals on cooldown pretty much. Never had anyone complain about them, never had anyone say I am useless, and I can rock #1, #2 on some bosses that are weak to strike damage. and not come last on others.

and i have just base INT, so I only rely on the 5% heal from the tile.

If you want to JUST dps, pick a different class, you need to be flexible.
Just like swordsmans, in order to be viable in party you need to offer something other classes can’t ( and that is peltasta’s swush buckling ) - taunt > DPS … you don’t have to pick peltasta, but you will end up soloing

Same for clerics you don’t HAVE to heal, but if you don’t you will end up being a soloist for the most part

Hey, why do you think cleric c2>Diev2 is the best for monk>inquisitor? Just to hear your opinion, cause I’m currently a Cleric 2>Diev 2>Monk 2 and planning to get to inquisitor.

My only doubt is my rank 7 choice… don’t know if I’m going for monk 3 or Plague doctor for utility. If rank 8 hadn’t come out I would definetely go for monk 3 for the damage increase, but since inquisitor seems to have lot of damage of his own, I think getting plague doctor for the utility would also be great. What do you think about it? I enjoy both PvE and PvP, my stats are currently 2str:1con:1dex.

I know you did not ask me. But that is what I main.
The reason o went monk 3 is for more levels in energy blast to be able to solo workshop and I just don’t like PD. But I know people who did go monk 2 pd 1 and they are happy.

I like the utility you get with c2 diev2
Which is: -20% cooldown, 10 heal tiles , silence, sp Regen, owls bring decent DPS. Fade, divine might help with that.

For Inquisitor best build would involve paladin 3, due to the conviction doubling the damage of God smash. But monk is not too terrible.

I personally think that there is place for diev3 at rank 8, but I am still calculating the benefits of it

Or may be rank 7 for diev3 and 8 for inquisitor

I can see Monk 2 - PD 1 working. But need some tests and information.
If Pandemic can spread any debuff and the attribute for that huge AoE increase can be purchased on PD 1 then some interesting things can happen. Like spreading Armor Break, Monk’s Bleedings, Debuff to strike damage from God Finger Flip. Basically it.

Because no one answered your question as far as i can tell.

Crit chance caps at 100%. Evasion caps at 80%.

1 Like

There’s a topic about what pandemic spreads here: [Plague Doctor] Pandemic Experiments

Most of monks debuffs are not spreadable from what i saw.

Yes it seems pandemic won’t spread monk debuffs… But that would only be and extra, because the main reason for going PD is the status prevention.

I’m currently more inclined to go monk2 and PD1, but who knows?

And thanks for the answer @kosxe21. What are your stats by the way? I also believe paladin would be great with inquisitor, but I can’t see my self giving up from my monk lol. But as the damage goes, don’t you think that inquisitor would greatly make up for the loss of damage from monk c3?

It’s not ONLY about carpet 5 vs 11, is NOT only about divine might, is ABOUT safety zone ATTRIBUTE WITH +20 BLOCKS!!!

I’m SICK of reading nabs suggesting cleric 1, srly

I start to hope that this ppl trashing the forum with the same retarded question all over again are gonna roll a cleric 1 and then be forced to reroll at lvl 200+, that would be karma.

3 Likes

Cleric 1 is fine in certain builds or certain build directions. Just a lot of the time, cleric 2 should be in there instead of something else.

Right now, 150 invested Dex, 100 invested in STR. Rest is in CON.

I believe that pure Dex or Dex/con would be the best with r8

I think if you go heavy spirit build c1 priest 3 might work, for the block with iron skin, but safety zone attribute is just too good

C2>Diev2>Monk3 ???

who doesnt put int on preist? full spr is the worst way to go. at end game that extra dmg from blessing isnt gonna help as much as it does once you get to chaplain, yur base dmg will already be high enough, you should atleast have some int. SPR scales too badly with blessing to stay super relevent when 330 comes around, 700 extra dmg on each hit wont do anything when monster have 300k hp, and int will give you like 700 extra dmg, without blessing buff on, and with blessing buff on, you will get like 400 extra dmg

Priest only has one damaging ability that no one uses. That may change when Chaplain gets the buffs but right now it is just not part of the meta.

Full SPR is one of the best builds for priest currently. Not sure what evidence you have to back up it not staying relevant in 330, considering there is no evidence.

full spr gives you about 700 dmg with blessing. full int gives you about 500 extra damage on every attack + 300 with blessing. so if u go ful spr you are litterally relying only on base damage and blesing. at rank 8, you have about 10k average base dmg on every skill, with blessing you barely get any extra dmg. so you have to use 30 skills to kill a monster. (just my math)

with int, bcuz most are multihit, you get +800 on every hit, wich is great

Spirit gives the bonus to aspersion too ya know. Also, the multi hits dont benefit from anything but attribute attack, blessing and sacrement. Not to mention your own argument is contradicting your initial point. You really dont know what you’re talking about do you.

yeah thats a good idea, spend millions of silver on an attribute when you can just get the extra dmg for free

full INT priest? Why would you do that?

You are a full support, you are not trying to max your damage (as you already got at least 4 support ranks as a priest 3)

700 damage is little? Are you considering it is applied to every tick of damage on every member of your party? A single Frost Cloud could do +21k damage PER MOB, that is already more damage than you can as a Priest 3 probably.

Also matk is something very easy to get from gears.

Full SPR Priest is not only strong but is the real way to go for a Priest C3.

1 Like

He’s talking about how int affects magic skills on every genuine multi-hit.
And the int/spr difference isn’t large enough with blessing/aspergillum auto attacks as i’ve previously shown. ( link on it. )

Int boosts heal, cure, exorcism, magnus, blessing & aspersion/gillum. Alongside any other int skills like vapors/incineration.

Spr boosts blessing & aspersion/gillum. And enhances the effects of zalciai, monstrance and stone skin most notably.

Even with spr’s superior dmg per hit from blessing for skills int still comes out ahead with ease.

Probably false:

• We know how high the health is in r8, 250k-300k for specials, few normals with 150k. Due to the ktos vid thread.

• We know how much dmg spr builds deal to the lack of new spr scaling skills. (Let’s exaggerate a bit and say 10k per auto atk.)

• We know zalciai got “bug fixed” / nerfed due to gwenyth’s patch notes.

• We also know the base dmg of other classed due to the ktos vid thread.

And like I said before, there could still be more potential for spr build given we don’t know everything about r8 stat scaling and miko has yet to come out.

It only leads to one conclusion:

Spr builds no longer have sufficient dmg in rank from spr scaling skills alone as far as we know.

They will need to utilise int scaling skills to stay competetive, considering how unlikely it is inquisitor alone solves their issues.
(Exorcise/Magnus and pd2 make a huge difference.)

@moises_andre12

A: Exorcise got buffed, which makes magnus useable for once. Exorcise hits 5-6 enemies 15 times, Magnus hits all enemies in range 30 times. (ideal circumstances ofc, you get the gist.)

B: Int builds also scale blessing damage, just not as much. Depends on how much con you grab ofc but it’s estimated 200-300 less dmg for int per hit.

C: One of the best dmg options at r7-8 is of course plague doctor2, and both vapors/incin hit at least twice a second. Further boosting int’s benefit over spr.

D: Keep in mind int’s magic attack is affected by enhance attributes, where as spr’s bonus to blessing is not. Int will easily do 900 more dmg per hit on skills to a similar spr statted build.

tl/dr:
Do your god damn research first, then post.

I would (only) go full spr support if I would go priest 3 -> kabba2 or oracle1/2/3, since they don’t have any nice INT scaling skills.

Repost spr vs int, lvl 15 blessing, start at +170 due to blessing base and attribute.

Int, with magic skills, at rank 7:
you get +625 magic attack, and +345 blessing damage. Total of +970 damage for yourself.
Party gets +345 blessing per member, total of +1380 (with 4 members).

With spr at rank 7, 501 bless damage for your party, and 501 for you. Loss of 470 damage for yourself vs full int.
Gain of +150 damage for each party member, total of +600 gain for 4 party members vs int. SPR-Total party bonus +2000 (with 4 party members).

Disregarding attribute enhance for int magical bonus, ignoring other spr scaling (status resistance, sp, stone skin):
Int blessing -> you +970, 4-member party +1380 => total +2350
spr blessing -> you +500, 4-member party +2000 => total +2500

For dps:
You are able to dps too, so if you are a dps build (hybrid priest), int will increase overall party damage more (with %enhance attributes).
If you lack dps skills, spr will be better for party dps, so full support => spr.

I have only seen priest3 - X - druids as dps (int), and of course priest 3 into plague doc.

on topic
If I would be a very selfish inquis, I would maximize burst damage through
priest1 (monstrance), diev1 (CD statue), pala3 (conviction), Plague doc (immunity) or monk1 (or cler2), inquis (max god smash, max wheel, 1 malleus, save points for inquis2). I really cannot drop cleric 2 though, too many good points at cler2.

2 Likes