Tree of Savior Forum

Chaplain, con/int or con/spr? please help

By the way why 1pt in monstrance?

Because R8 most of them will have high dex and monstrance will increase 30% base on their dex.

int > spr for chaplain. increases your dmg more and also helps buffs

spr > int for chaplains because it increasde your buffs more but also helps damage a little

int will increase your buffs more than spr will increase dmg, so go int, with a little spr

I would dare say SPR even for damage lovers. Why? because you get scaling with both SPR and INT for Aspergillum, yes you get that 10% bonus per rank with INT. But, ever since they buffed blessing, now it’s all about blessing in party scenarios. In terms of over all damage in team scenarios it’s common knowledge among kToS min maxers that it’s blessing>>>aspergillum in terms of damage. Blessing gets scaling with both INT and SPR. BUTTTT even with the 10% rank bonus for INT, the scaling for SPR is 3x that of INT when it comes to blessing. So if you want more damage it’s SPR. And we all know after rank 7 it’s all party game. Solo is only for solo quest which is you do once and it’s done. I’m sorry to say but INT is no no for Priest 3 classes now and even for Chaplain. I mean yes INT does make the healing tiles heal more but at cleric 2 with all those tiles and they still need INT to make each tile heal more to survives then… there is something wrong here. If you want INT cleric you go Cleric2/Krivis3/XX/Taoist build for real INT damage.

TLDR It’s all about blessing damage now and when it comes to blessing it’s 100% SPR win. Not to mention all the support perks that come with it.

PS I’m talking strictly about PvE only.

Yeah exactly… Bless scaling SPR is 3 times that of INT. No rank bonus for INT will ever out do 3 times scaling. And it’s all about blessing damage now.

You missed the point entirely.
I was talking about the absence of an argument in his post and thus the implied futility of debating it.

And I am intentionally calling you lot stupid for posting inane arguments, effectively trying to name and shame bad advice.
Which is sadly a necessity because how misleading a very portion of advice is and has been.

As for your “argument”:

The math thread you posted is likely legit, but it counts solely for rank 7. You didn’t pay that any mind now did you?

Use stat calc / tosbase blessing if you want to double-check my next bit:

Blessing scaling int vs spr alongside aspergillum:
keep in mind I’m ignoring all the constants to make it easier.
This is only to test the scaling difference anyway.

Blessing for int = 0.02 (skill scaling) x 15 (lvl 16 skill multiplier) = 0.3
Blessing for spr = 0.06 (skill scaling) x 15 (lvl 16 skill multiplier) = 0.9

Now if we take hit count (4-5) and enhance (2x base stat.) into the equasion:
(hit count x blessing multiplier) + 2.
4 hit int = (4 x 0.3) + 2 = 1.2 + 2 = 3.2
5 hit int = (5 x 0.3) + 2 = 1.5 + 2 = 3.5
4 hit spr = (4 x 0.9) + 2 = 3.6 + 2 = 5.6
5 hit spr = (5 x 0.9) + 2 = 4.5 + 2 = 6.5

For 4 hits: Int x stat multiplier x 3.2 = Spr x 5.6

R8 = int x 1.7 x 3.2 = spr x 5.6
R8 = int x 5.44 = spr x 5.6
R8 = Spr = +0.16 per point.

R9 = int x 1.8 x 3.2 = spr x 5.6
R9 = int x 5.76 = spr x 5.6
R9 = Int = +0.16 per point.

R10 = Int x 1.9 x 3.2 = spr x 5.6
R10 = Int x 6.08 = spr x 5.6
R10 = Int = +0.58 per point.

For 5 hits: Int x stat multiplier x 3.5 = spr x 6.5

R8 = int x 1.7 x 3.5 = spr x 6.5
R8 = int x 5.95 = spr x 6.5
R8 = Spr = +0.55 per point.

R9 = int x 1.8 x 3.5 = spr x 6.5
R9 = int x 6.3 = spr x 6.5
R9 = Spr = +0.2 per point.

R10 = Int x 1.9 x 3.5 = spr x 6.5
R10 = Int x 6.65 = spr x 6.5
R10 = Int = +0.15 dmg per point.

Ergo: Int actually is kind of good in this regard.

Still no matter if int or spr wins out I must stress that this is a far too tiny amount to even register vs those 250k health mobs at rank 8.

In the end, you’re recommending spr for its damage even though we know it has a major dmg deficiency in rank 8.
Int is by far the better choice if you wish to focus on dmg, especially since cure/Magnus/exorcise/heal all scale of it to boot.

Most of it is due to spr’s lack of scaling skills, hopefully, r9 or a patch will address that but let’s not ignore that issue entirely either.

And quite frankly it is very noticeable how chaplain builds always attract this type of behavior. Cut it out, it’s not helpful.

So do you think I will go mix build? 50 con, 110 spr then full int? for PVE only

yes do that, preferably a little more con though

IMO keep spr between 100-200 for now, con between 50-100 and rest into int for a hybrid. Try to grab con gear since you get no stat bonus of gear anyway.

All 3 stats have merit tbh, but only full spr is annoying to level during rank 8.
And make sure your rank 7-8 are a good fit for your stats.

if i can out output a total 7k damage total per tick at 3 ticks per second aoe with plague vapor + incinerate. This lasts for 20 good dam second.

Would you still say SPR better at r8 in over PVE? In PD kits?Where A additional DPS AOE output stronger than frost cloud is accessible through PD means. This includes damage on boss. At the same time i have a blessing of party damage. Around 450.

you have to actually use what you are given or you will be falling off behind what the class is suppose to do lol.
Mean while yes SPR is 3 times of INT but INT have a 70% bonus so it isn’t 3 is more of a 2 in total.

Taoist uses too much money to the point all KR players are condemning it.

it’s 500 silver per charm. A full rotation cost you up to 10k silver or more.

If chaps are going inqusitor the synergy imo is pretty shiet. Without paladin in place that is.

I don’t see how my argument was inane at all. Op wanted to improve Aspergillum damage which hinted towards an auto-attack build and in turn benefits more so from Spr than Int.

I did actually keep in mind that any future ranks bonuses would increase Int further, but like I said in my response to unicorntheshiny, I like to play a more support oriented build thus the preference to Spr.

I wasn’t just recommending Spr for damage though. I also stated it’s helpful for Stone Skin, which becomes even stronger through focusing on Spr.
Unlike Blessing it doesn’t scale off of both and more raw block for classes that aren’t the Tank is always welcome, in my personal opinion that is.
In this way you’re still going to have a modest amount of damage from Blessing even on your multi-hit skills, obviously not as much as Int, and it still fuels your Stone Skin to it’s full potential.
So to be clear, I wasn’t just saying Spr is strictly more efficient for damage, because it isn’t, I was saying it’s better for an auto-attack build which the bulk of Chaplains are focused on and you have Stone Skin.

Neither is it helpful to personally attack anyone when they give advice. You could’ve just stated your points without that first line of calling me or anyone else a nutjob.
I’m not debating your points as they are all true, but nothing that I had provided was incorrect (except that my opinion of Chaplain is it’s an auto-attack class) and warranted you to call me (or anyone else for that matter) out as being stupid.

All in all, you’re right that Int brings more damage overall, through skills used in addition to auto-attacks, which I never refuted or even claimed the contrary in the first place.
I am still right in what I provided, given my stance on supportive play with Spr. I know I didn’t state that at first but hindsight is 20/20.
There’s no need to name shame and call anyone names, just provide information and opinions on the topic and prove your points. I mean, we can all be civilized here right?

Guys please don’t argue or something all I need is an advice, I want Chaplain class and Int and Spr has pros and cons. And right now my build is con/spr going druid2, damage is not as high as Int type but I got AA of Chaplain + Blessing and Stone Skin to survive, maybe in rank8 I go druid3 or PD… Animus is good than Max peta coz i got con?? for decent magic attack I guess? What you think?

I’d say skip animus, magic amp is a really crappy stat as it’s essential + max magic attack.
Use the +10 quest necklace and try to upgrade for all stat necklaces asap instead. Those help quite a bit more.

Keep in mind druid can’t auto attack while transformed, so neither hengestone or transform will be of much use. Druid3’s lycanthropy deals good enough dmg to outpace aspergillum though but has a high sp drain and can’t be kept up for long.

Cleric2 comes highly recommended for r6 chaplains due to the healing, for part/full int heal and cure also work wonders.

Afterwards, you can still go plague doctor 2 for insane AoE dmg. But needs daino scrolls.
Or even aim for inquisitor, as breaking wheel is rumored to work with aspergillum attacks.

op, actually spr/con or int/con chap still a chaplain, other people wont care you are chaplain or not , they just need to know is cleric c2 or not. you buff or not not their business but got healing tiles or not then they will care about it.
so what your plan up to you, if really go to wrong then reroll, i think everyone at here also do this before(reroll is part of this game lol)

My Chaplain is Int/Spr and I have fun playing it.

@Raspy is right, Blessing scales with both Int and Spr at a 3:1 ratio, i.e. 3 Int = 1 Spr.

I’m SPR Chaplain, aiming to be a role of “Support”. After reading this discussion and watching R8 videoes, I’m starting to doubt the usefulness of SPR build. :confused:

After I saw R8 videoes, DPS deals like 10k-20k damage per hit on 250k HP mobs (nobody Auto Attacks, just Skills. Sacredment and Last Rite seem useless), so I wonder “Would my SPR blessing +300 to +400 damage help them? Or it’d just eat a slot of buff limit”, now my useful buffs are Safety Zone, Revive and Stone Skin, which just only 1 skill, Stone Skin, scales with SPR!

Any support chap here can share your high-level contents experience? :slight_smile:
Are Full-Support Classes really useful at the endgames?

Should I go semi-DPS instead? I’ve invested 80 CON and 110 SPR aldy >…>
@Wurmheart

spr build have higher dps when "auto attack"
full spr build always have better blessing than full int build until rank20+
spr multiplier is 3 times better than int
u need 200% bonus int stat to have same value blessing as spr build

and u know chaplain proc4-5 blessing hit each auto attack
while aspergillum just 1 hit each swing

and do you know that chaplain isn’t a spam spell class

some ppl build chaplain-druid and it will over shadow by cleric2-xxx3-druid
chaplain-druid will miss strong cure,heal , divine might, good safety zone
while cleric2-xxx-druid have good heal cure spell damage

in the future many skill will tweak and int chaplain will be more viable
we still don’t have rank7 rank8 class that scaling with spr
this point make int char better than spr

don’t forget that spr build always have better buff
stone skin, monstrance, deprotect(cleric), zalciai(krivis)
ask you self what your goal of building chaplain

the most important thing

don’t try to mix spr and int in same char unless you want to make a sh!t char
why??? just look at bonus stat guide

tldr. spr chaplain always better than int chaplain
new patch will make int chaplain more viable but still not good as spr
spr/int hybrid = sh!t in long run

As they said r8 monster has 250k HP and our useful skills are Safety Zone, Revive and Stone skin. Can we build Int now? Hmmm…

Your damage assuming you ran PD2.

Int > SPR in the big run now. Totally the same case to DEX> str right now.

Full int does lose out to a mix of INT + spr basically due to the fact
You can damage and have access to nearly same strength of buffs not neglecting damage + buff. losting 150 damage of bless and 200x mod of SPR will gain you up to 400 magic attack.

SPR chaplains are only useful up to R7, R8 is extremely bleak.

Assuming your blessing 616 but your plague vapor combi + incinerate .

Do note Plague vapor gives incinerate 30% additional damage base on MAGIC.

You can run with scronona and have up to 80% Int boosting. this make SPR extremely weak. You are literally a pure buff bot and your aoe damage is extremely lacking.
The only extra access you have is AA. I Dont’ see any shiet much you can pull out with extra 2.4k AA Hitting a bloody 400k and more only at 2-3 targets a hit a time thats 7.2 k extra .

As compare to what other R7 R 8 gives u. AOE DMG. and at 8-10k PER TICK 2 ticks. Per second. So compare that it out right obvious.

You are underestimating how good balance is right now at R8 Especially for priest -> pd variant.

Hmmm maybe I create Int Build Chaplain now.