Tree of Savior Forum

INFINITE Money exploit, please GMs read THIS

You may as well just ask IMC to give every player a kick in the teeth in case they’re one of the tiny fraction of people who benefitted from this exploit.

It’s not a good idea at all and it would cause a lot more harm than good.

It’s funny that some people want a reset cause they don’t know how to play this game and how to make money.

1 example for easy money, and getting millions in your pocket in no time. (Not for long, cause f2p will happen and many of the players starting to figure this out.)

Step one

Reach lvl 130+

Step two

Go to Residence of the fallen Legwyn family

Step three

Farm Terra Imp! Not many people know that these guys are dropping the Velniup recipe which is nice money. Terra Imp Decoration too… This sword also use in other recipes.

+1 douchbag move:

You can easily manipulate the AH with enough money. Example buy corpse hands, cause many people need that. Buy all of them for 250 and sell them for 1k each.

Also, you can manipulate the AH again, with much more money. Like you buy all the velniup recipes, place one for 2.500.000 Silver , and that will prevent EVERYBODY to go beyond 500.000 Silver, and people will still buy the recipe cause it’s an awesome thing.

You can basicly get infinity money by being a douchbag. The problem is the AH is flawed.

1 Like

you cannot resell materials or consumables you buy from market.

3 Likes

Ah, I didn’t know that. Cause it seems that somebody is buying all the cheap ones and playing them for 1k right away, or above.

He meant Infinite silver. Hence, I believe its rather bad. Not something so easily dissuaded.

Is it happening again?
IS THIS REAL LIFE?!

2 Likes

I believe it has been fixed during iCBT2.

This is not the main problem here. The glitch is pretty easier than this, you can do it using a stupid new account, like level 1 account. Thats the real problem here, some people are creating new accounts to stock ridiculous amount of Silver to use in a near future.

I already gave them a quick solution to remove this, since the exploit item is just one item. Now they re checking this problem and trying to understand the reason. I can’t explain what item or how they do this here because I don’t want to ruin this game, but trust me, this is real…

1 Like

A wipe is useless. Now that the bot technology became more mature, it will only widen the farming speed between normal player and not from day 1.

UNLESS imc suddenly get much better in destroying bots, a wipe will worsen the situation.

This is a common problem in a lot of games nowadays, it’s just how it is.

For now, I just got an answer from tossupport@imc.co.kr about this, they re checking it. No fix yet.

2 Likes

I hope they have logs and ban everyone who used this exploit (and all other accounts of exploit users).

6 Likes

It would be a horrible business choice if IMC were to ever implement a wipe. Talk of that is just silly, to those that have mentioned it.

Players have:
A) Paid real money to play this game.
B) Have planned vacation time from work around this launch
C) Have invested hundreds of hours already

Wiping when IMC specifically said there would not be a wipe this time around would be horrible. They could not even refund players had they wanted to much less make up for their time. TOS is based largely on progression and is not a session-based game that you can just hop in and go, score some frags, and log off and be happy to start over again next match.

Punishing 99% of the population that is undoubtedly innocent for a potential exploit that some are abusing, and possibly RMT/botters, does not make sense and is a horrible suggestion.

A roll back isn’t much better when OP mentions that the exploit may have been in use from launch. Meaning that the purpose of a roll back (to set back to a time prior to the damage being done) would be defeated and it would essentially be a wipe at that point.

I agree wholeheartedly that if this is being abused that a banhammer needs to fall and it needs to come in swiftly and with such force that the exploiters and their whole family simultaneously burst into flames rue the day they messed with our game <3

8 Likes

U cannt resell whatever material u bought from AH. FYI

Well for having infinite money the market is fairly stable. That said it is somewhat believable… Remember some of my community commenting on silver sellers claiming they could move 10mil in the first week.

1 Like

There’s nothing to do to fix this.

The hackers and exploiters have already completely ■■■■■■ the market and set expectations. Even if you fixed the silver exploits, people would still demand millions of silver for items because that’s what the bar was set at due to those exploiters.

You need to write down the name of people offering to buy stuff for 5m+ and basically submit them for investigation.

Question is, why only this specific item can be exploited? is it because a GM purposely but the exploit there for certain people to use?

1 Like

Looking at the situation I agreed for Roll back With composition. No Offence tho, it is serious matter, the only way IMC can do is to get rid all and to put more protective form, i would suggest valve to get rid all the account burst registration on Tree of Savior which they might have log about account abusive through steam. Its not that hard since they can detect multiple account (burst ID registration)

PS : the damage is worst do check at Market every now and then…
Sorry for english tho.

The design of the system was made without taking into account bots and external factors, which translates to the current results. The approach wasn’t bad for an ideal environment, but anyone knows there is not such a thing as ideal, perfection can’t be entirely attained. You can only try to get as closer as you can to the equation of the desired infinite solutions…

You can resell equipment from the AH just not materials.