Tree of Savior Forum

IMC why do you hate magic classes?

Yeah I know, it really sucks being necessary.

/s

This has always been Tree of Clerics :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Tree of Cleric still going strong.

Imc is just bad at delivering balance changes. I mean, they prepared the entire metagame for R8 even before release, but they keep releasing it on small (shitty)steps.

->Physical classes need DEX and/or STR to deal damage,magic classes need only INT
->Launches R8
->Monsters MDEF is too high
-> Gems get redone(INT classes always used only Blue/Red ones,so a buff here)
->Monsters weaknesses get reworked.

Do you know which class can solo Uphill or Crystal mine? It’s PD.

Do you know which class can solo rank 8 quest easier than others class? Cleric.

Stop complaining, and think to improve your playing skills.

I’m a Cle 2 - Bokor 3 - Oracle - PD2 and I’m satisfied with my Bokor 3 - Oracle.
You say Zombie AI is dumb? No, it’s you dumb, you dont know how to control your zombies.

If you see this class or skill is stupid, so dont complain, ignore it and try the others skill or class.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Well subzero shield still OP.

Also look at earth tower tier ranking list. Mages and clerics got the most amount of classes at 5 stars.

Swordies don’t have any at 5 stars.
Archers got only 1 at 5 stars.

Still tree of magic guys.

But honestly, imo, kToS is continually getting updated. Agni necklace I believe makes pyro top DPS in the game.

Maybe it’s an issue of how now that the physical classes can actually fight back in PvP, the wizzies don’t know what to do due to lack of challenge before. Considering wizzies and clerics ruled PvP with iron fist pre-r8.

2 Likes

ET isn’t the absolute endgame though, anymore. Many mobs beyond 280 are far more difficult than ET mobs. That tier list only takes the tower into consideration, whose monsters don’t boast very high magic defense, allowing strong AoE magic to sweep the floors easily.

Post R8 this is certainly not the case, and only people with strong 315 weapons or who play Featherfoot C2 (and in some rare cases, Necromancer C3) deal very high reliable damage in the magic department. Physical classes don’t have to deal with the same defenses, and even in the case of Archer, they have to deal with half the monsters’ physical defense due to the hidden armor shred.

Agni Necklace is a great asset and makes Pyromancer a very strong DPS so long as the magic defense is low. However as I understand it the necklace buff is factored after the defenses are taken into account, and so without a very strong weapon and using potions, even a Pyro with Agni won’t be able to deal much damage to certain high level mobs and bosses (in many cases, 1 damage).

Even if it’s not the absolute endgame anymore, it’s still worth mentioning because it shows that magic still reigns supreme minus the MDEF barrier. (which isn’t really an issue with malleus buff, so just party up)

And players didn’t + there weapons when archers had negative modifiers removed by refine rate. I agree archers being bad was all player fault.

Omg… Rank 7. Physical classes cried… All magicals were like “suck it up and tank” now that their fav wizzie dizzie is not carrying no more, it is a rant because no one want to support. Don’t jump on meta wagons, all I can say…

1 Like

Maybe mage is more a CC class now.
Even if your damage is lower you got still many CC skills/Class.
So you´re not useless like swordys before.

3 Likes

the moment u realise TS ran away from the truth pointed out

1 Like

Say what?

3 Likes

Its a Korean thing, Koreans favor mid to long range classes such as Archers, or those who uses mid range weaponry like TERAs ninjas and Reapers. Though most of the time, Mages come second, then Healer classes, then finally Melee classes which gets the shaft often.

But yea, a lot of Korean mmos I played follows this trend. But Long range classes are the most popular amongst Korean players.

Wow you remind me of biskee.
Oh you are biskee with a new name.
I cannot access Korea anymore. I tried many options such as vpn, their Ktrump firewall is too good or I am too bad. I just had access for a little while after they pulled this.

1 Like

Ya I missed CBT, though I remember some fuss on the forums around launch about them during CBT. Well, perhaps Archers should beware? xD

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Seems unlikely there are ALOT of armor reducing skills and attributes. Not really taking a side here just seems like swordsman have the tools to play through that.

Archers might have trouble though, can’t think of any armor shredding skills they have.

All archer [missile] attacks will reduce physical defence -10% per stack (max 5 stacks). Includes their normal arrows.

o i thought that was just on bosses. I haven’t kept up with archers much as i only use them for farming.

1 Like