Tree of Savior Forum

IMC why do you hate magic classes?

@STAFF_Max @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ines

please forward this to the developers staff :frowning2:

Why do you hate magic classes so much? Not just Wizard- the problem spreads to Magic clerics as well

• Magic users need at least 2k matk to deal damage to high level enemies because of their insanely high MDEF which is hard and expensive to get – physical classes don’t need to do that and even have crit which multiplies their damage by 1.5!!! overpowered as hell. have you seen all the Warlock complaint threads???

• Why don’t physical classes have to deal with monsters that have stupidly high physical defense? Why do only magic classes have to suffer? Monsters even resist most magic classes’ debuffs…

• How come all the magic classes are underwhelming?? Examples are Sadhu (SADhue) Warlock, Bokor, Pyromancer, Alchemist, Kabbalist, Paladin, Enchanter, and more magic classes. While their concepts are cool and fun, they are all horrible and low tier… and those classes are all unpopular too because of how weak they are!!

• SORCERER AND NECROMANCER CAN’T EVEN PLAY AT ENDGAME! They’re all 4 star maps and if they die their cards, WHICH ARE USED IN THEIR MAIN SKILLS, drop!!! they can’t even attack without risk of losing everything they use to deal damage with…

• don’t even get me started with Bokor - those zombies are LITERALLY useless. ESPECIALLY because of how low of a chance you have to spawn the other two types of zombies, the wheelchair ones and the big ones. and Sorcerer, Necromancer, Bokor all have bad AIs… while classes like hunter have way better damage with their pet and usefulness… THEY LITERALLY STUN ENEMIES TO DEATH IN PVP WITH THEIR PET! the magic pet classes don’t have anything cool like that… FALCONER CAN EVEN DO SUPER CRAZY DEBUFFS ON THEIR ENEMIES, WHILE MAGIC PET CLASSES DO WHAT??? Oh yeah, they make weak ass zombie trains, spend tons money to summon skeletons that get 1hit by anything, and summon a weak demon that drains a TON of their SP every second… totally fair… NOT!

• wizard classes have ugly costumes. magic clerics have cute ones tho, but wizards need some cuter costumes!

• magic classes are all glass cannons and for what? they need to put all of their status points into INT because if they put points in con they can’t even do literally more than 1 damage to high level enemies

• magic classes do nothing better than physical classes; archers and swordsman all have op boss damage and aoe… most magic classes have cast times, high mana cost, can be interrupted, and have lower base damage than physical classes… while physical classes have way higher damage, more damage multipliers, low mana costs, and even move faster!

• Magic classes are becoming LITERALLY useless in PvP due to Inquisitor’s bird spell. they get 1hit if they even cast any spell! rip trying to heal your teammates or buff them, you die!!

• Alchemist. oh my god. alchemist. I FEEL SO BAD FOR THIS CLASS! They are literally nothing but afk potion slaves. Don’t even get me started on Homunculus. You spend 1million silver for materials to craft a pet with horrible AI that lasts for… what, a week? A WEEK!!! there is literally no point to the Homunculus. IMC, please make the Homunculus PERMANENT or make the materials used to craft it less. And also Alchemistic Missle is a HORRIBLE skill. It’s literally a more purple energy bolt. it’s worthless. please buff this skill. and combustion. oh my god. Combustion is not even worth putting points into, YOU DESTROY ONE OF YOUR ITEMS JUST TO DO A MEASLY 100 DAMAGE. WTF IS EVEN THE POINT OF THIS SKILL, YOU CAN JUST ATTACK NORMALLY WITH Z???

• Oracle… oracle… oracle. Twist of Fate is useless AF. You deal damage to an enemy… just for them to heal it all back a second later. nice. And foretell… WHATS THE POINT? YOU CAN JUST USE SAFETY ZONE OR COUNTER SPELL, SPELLS THAT HAVE 100% CHANCE OF INVINCIBLITY!! FORETELL DOESN’T EVEN ADD ANYTHING OTHER THAN LIKE A 5% CHANCE OF INVINCIBILITY… IN A SLOW MOVING CIRCLE. and oh my god. the gender switch skill. Getting the materials needed for that skill is a pain in the ass since the drop rate of the items are so low. IMC, please raise the chance of dropping those items.

• (Wizards only) for Wizards to even be accepted into high level parties, they need to be full support or bust… people only want linkers, chronomancers and sages in their parties because of how good they are

• Enchanter is literally useless. The enhancements it is able to give to equipments is super weak, and Enchant Lightning is the WORST buff in the ENTIRE game. At level 15, WHICH IS RANK 10 I REMIND YOU, you get… +1500 lightning damage!! wow so cool. JUST KIDDING ITS LITERALLY THE WORST SPELL IN THE ENTIRE GAME, IT’S NOT EVEN WORTH SPENDING POINTS ON. and what else does enchanter get? lets see. a stamina buff… for wizards… nice. Also, crafting magic spell scrolls is expensive AF and not worth the effort. and that buff that raises your level is absolutely horrible, literally all it does is raise your hp and sp by like +100…

• Physical classes are wayyyyy more tanky than magic classes all! Swordies have naturally high con and hp and tank everything, and both Swordsmen and Archer and Physical clerics are able to evade things due to their high dodge!!!

IMC, I think that you’re paying too much attention to all the physical classes, they’re really the only classes that have gotten major buffs so far, but you are being ignorant to the balance issues of some of the magic classes.

tl;dr - thread full of magic class crying and tears since physical classes have everything good and do everything magic based classes do but better

if you guys have any other complaints about any other magic classes - Wizard or Cleric, post them here and i will add them to the list of complaints

lets riot!! BUFF magic classes!!!

9 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

xd so funny i agree1111111

I remember when Swordsman was in this exact boat. I believe it was Archers at CBT. So, now it’s the Wizzes turn. Clerics beware, rank 9 from what I can guess will be your turn. Then in perfect harmony, everything will balance at rank 10… one can dream. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, I suppose some clerics are included here… Maybe there’s hope at rank 9. xD

13 Likes

18 Likes

Is this a Joke?
Before R8 Wiz cls are op like hell.

Like Subzero shield …

4 Likes

Archers were never bad, people were just stupid and didn’t know what they were doing with them.

5 Likes

except wizards are much WORST than r7 swordies.

I’m starting to think these kinds of issues is more about what’s available for each base class at the current max rank.

Pre-R8, swordies got the short end of the stick, and now with R8 it looks like most wiz builds got countered by new content.

Anyone knows someone or have played in kTOS can confirm that this is still the case even if a lot of the players are already max or near max level w/ lv.315 or Solmiki gear?

CC @greyhiem

One last thing, we’re yet to receive the post-R8-intro adjustment AKA buff/nerf patch (e.g. Serp debuff from 10s to 5s, etc.).

Seems like SOME swordman player here are just same like their character only have muscle in their head and cant even brain. Even swordie are not strong in pre-R8 era, they are still able to do dmg, not 1 dmg. Do you know current wizards without quite high of matk and attribute will not able to do damage at all? It is not a weak dmg but 1 dmg. It is not even matter that weak or strong anymore. Plus wizards does not have durability like swordman or evasion like archers, and don have recovery or protect skills like clerics, we only have DPS skill which deal 1 dmg now. Can you guys understand the situation? I now have quite a decent of equip which go through the mdef, even so, my damage get reduced like 10k dmg to 5k dmg per hit in r8 maps. And one thing IMC forget is that, phy def can reduced many ways by many skills, unlike magic, only one skill which is hexing by bokor can reduce mdef. Now think about it. Serve us right? Hope your brain still function well.

3 Likes

Party with an inquisitor for malleus debuff. Watch your damage continue to be godlike.

Sorry that you can’t solo things.

Does it decrease magic defense? other than the spirit/int debuff?

It appears to do so, dramatically.

I have 100 INT , and without malleus all of my magic damage is 1s.

After malleus, I deal 1000-2000 with all of my skills. (Aspegillum, Magnus, etc etc).

Even the extra hits from sacrament and rites deal 1000s after malleus. It is pretty necessary for magic damage.

EDIT: Not to mention malleus itself deals 8k damage with 8 hits.

2 Likes

No surprise you will say bullshit like these because you’re the one playing the inquisitor and people have to come to you.

Yeah I know, it really sucks being necessary.

/s

This has always been Tree of Clerics :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Tree of Cleric still going strong.

Imc is just bad at delivering balance changes. I mean, they prepared the entire metagame for R8 even before release, but they keep releasing it on small (shitty)steps.

->Physical classes need DEX and/or STR to deal damage,magic classes need only INT
->Launches R8
->Monsters MDEF is too high
-> Gems get redone(INT classes always used only Blue/Red ones,so a buff here)
->Monsters weaknesses get reworked.

Do you know which class can solo Uphill or Crystal mine? It’s PD.

Do you know which class can solo rank 8 quest easier than others class? Cleric.

Stop complaining, and think to improve your playing skills.

I’m a Cle 2 - Bokor 3 - Oracle - PD2 and I’m satisfied with my Bokor 3 - Oracle.
You say Zombie AI is dumb? No, it’s you dumb, you dont know how to control your zombies.

If you see this class or skill is stupid, so dont complain, ignore it and try the others skill or class.

1 Like

3 Likes

Well subzero shield still OP.

Also look at earth tower tier ranking list. Mages and clerics got the most amount of classes at 5 stars.

Swordies don’t have any at 5 stars.
Archers got only 1 at 5 stars.

Still tree of magic guys.

But honestly, imo, kToS is continually getting updated. Agni necklace I believe makes pyro top DPS in the game.

Maybe it’s an issue of how now that the physical classes can actually fight back in PvP, the wizzies don’t know what to do due to lack of challenge before. Considering wizzies and clerics ruled PvP with iron fist pre-r8.

2 Likes