Tree of Savior Forum

iDreamy's Guide to Scout C3

Mergen seems like an AoE class on high CD.

Scout split arrow will still be king of spam.
IMC definitely did a bad job on giving scout support skills. Perspective distortion is never used.

Actually I’d go Hakkapalle on r8.

Who cares a 0-Cooldown Skill? If you a High-Damage-AoE-Skill-Rotation to bypass all the cooldowns, which the Mergen has, then you don’t need a 0-Cooldown-Skill for anything. Perhaps for farming at some low HP monster, but 3 Circles this such a case.

It was the right decision to design the Scout cls. as a support class, because such a role is the most fitting to a scout, but IMC failed in the realization.

mergen video of what it does in reality, seems like good filler material with split arrow.

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4196&p=2&l=79524

I am not impressed by mergen’s AoE. Seems like they have a fixed target limit(?) on high CD. Waiting for more Korean info.

Seems a little weak compared to other classes, though it looks like it pairs well with Linker.

CD is between 30 and 42 seconds, which is not high. Indeed we have to wait for more information and we also have to wait for possible nerfs, so please shout for class reset if that happens. I really hope that the Scout can survive as whole C3-Class or get an overhaul, but we have to face the facts. The Scout is not a DPS class and if you want to go for damage output, then choose an another class, maybe sapper.

What do you guys think about Archer 2 Sapper 2 Scout 3 Mergen? AoE Overkill?

I think rank 5-6-7 scout is tedious to level.

Haha man, trust me, i have patience xP But do you think this build is worth? I’m thinking about trying it. About leveling, i can lure stuff with flu flu and use broom trap.

I don’t know, I haven’t tried your suggested build.

Sapper’s only good AoE skill is Broom Trap. You can’t move it and it won’t hit flying enemies. The base damage is quite low at rank 8 too (mobs with 300k+ HP). It takes quite some time to finish all 24 hits on an enemy, unlike feint&barrage burst (which is more hits). However it has no AoE count so it will hit an unlimited amount of enemies.

If barrage had AoE Modifier :confused: but it’s locked to 5 targets, that sucks.

I’ll have a hard time bossing with this build, that’s the only downside.

IMO mergen will still be the best rank 8 option for this build, you cant really go hakapele b/c mounts do not stealth with the owner so you would have to dismount to cloak, that alone would be extremely tedious and the ktos players have already said its extremely underwhelming as an class in general. We have to keep in mind that IMC caters to the Koreans like 14 yr old girls do to Bieber, if they want changes and improvements they will get them long before it makes it to itos. As mergen stands right now I agree, its not OP but it doesn’t have to be for us, we already have a spammable low sp skill, we just need some good larger aoe skills with some overheats inbetween and mergen will provide that. (arrow rain looks to be capturable aswell so it would give us a very strong precharge option, step1 flare shot step2 arrow rain step3 capture, and your ready to melt anything with a double flare shot and arrow rain)

Sadly, they decided to take out the mega nuke (the 13k skill damage one) and the 0cd skill from mergen.

@stalker.rick
My spreadsheet doesn’t take into account any modifiers after critical because both STR and DEX benefits it. Some of these modifiers include armor damage, T1~3 modifiers, enhancement, and others.

So in your harpeia example, I’m assuming you were using a bow, so multiply those numbers by 2x and whatever other stuff you may have. It should be a lot closer.

HOWEVER, since it’s pretty obvious that DEX is better due to rank 8 bs. I’ll add another row at the bottom that includes all the modifiers so that seeing the real damage is easier… But I won’t be able to get to it until sunday.

How does it seem weak? it’s lvl 1 skills yet, and they get multiplied with ranks so, the dmg will be far higher. the 30 secs on cd’s are also spammable. It’s perfect.

And about dex, yes, That’s why i already stated earlier in this thread that the whole section about str higher then dex seemed weird to me. Dex is king.

My second Scout become a AR2SA3SC3 and I will take the Musketeer in Rank 8. My idea was to create a Scout Build which deals different types of damage and support rather the close range to mid range combat. A Hakkapalle is also an option for this even if Broom Trap is not usable while mounting. The disadvantage of choosing Musketeer is, that you have to decide between a lot nice skills.

If split Arrow leaves arrows on monsters, that multihit aoe from hakkapalle is going to be a thing for scout, the only downside is… We cant go invs while mounting, that sucks :T

Bored and came to check here. Want to clarify some stuff.

1. Even if Hackapell actually has skills to act as fillers for this build, always remember that this is Tree of AOE. Mergen is definitely the better choice, choosing another will just gimp/cripple the build.

2. I think it’s pointless to debate if Split Arrow will get obsolete because Mergen don’t have 0s cooldown skills. Even if IMC does give one, I’m sure they will just nerf it like they did with Skyliner of Highlanders.

3. Due to Rank 8 skills having absurd fixed damage. It’s true that in paper, DEX would be alot more preferred BUT people are forgetting to consider that this build has Rogue C1. Rogue C1 makes the build futureproof by giving high fixed % critical chance so it doesn’t matter if you went for higher STR build or even pure. No matter how low your critical chance is, if you are smart enough to position well, you will still be able to do those yummy crits.

4. Scout C3 isn’t taken solely for Split Arrow. I don’t get why people are forgetting that Lv15 Flare Shot is powerful. Coupled with Capture, it becomes an extremely potent burst damage.

5. I do wish that Mergen’s Arrow Sprinkle can be captured. That’d be really epic.

6 Likes

Before Rank 8, STR was better for most builds in terms of damage. After Rank 8, DEX is better for most builds due to the absurd damage rank 8 gives. Still DEX is only good until 100% crit chance.

Having rogue 1 in a build immediately makes low/no DEX possible regardless of how strong you are because of sneak hit.

@Dream
Someone said that Arrow sprinkle is capturable, but I am unsure of this.

what do u mean with “until 100% critical rate”? i mean… how can i know that i already have 100% critical rate going for a dex build and then start to put str?

also dont u guys think hackpell would be good for this build for the fact that can use one hand sword like trinity sword that give 40+str or that new sword that need trinity do be craft that gives 24str 24con 24 spr and have 4 slot (4 gems)?

also hakkpel skill that give multihits with arrows at body of the mob with mult shot it would be good dont u guys thinks
if arrow rain is not capturable

I’m searching for hakkapalle info, but even about mergen is being hard to find… And mergen feels weak :confused:
If you find any video about hakkapalle post it here please.