Tree of Savior Forum

iDreamy's Guide to Scout C3

Yea, I noticed this advantage of off-hand gems back on CBT2. Mana-mana is definitely the better choice especially since on that previous discussion, we also found out that even the additional elem atk is getting multiplied by attributes.

I haven’t been farming lately so I can’t improve my gears yet because I’m trying to level 1 last alt for boss rushing :confused:

1 Like

Hey I’m interest in scout but how is it late game vs fletcher?

And how bad is lvling it? I’m lvling my wizard to c3 and it already feel bad

Fletcher C3 is like the best choice of kiritos. It performs it’s best w/o needing too much help from other classes. Scout C3 on the otherhand outperforms Fletcher C3 on field farming and faster mobility with Cloaking. This build is also min-maxed in a way that it does not get overshadowed by a Fletcher C3 because a Fletcher C3 can never have Feint+Barrage due to Rogue being a Rank 5 Class nor be able to capture other people or your own skills for massive burst damage.

When it comes to Earth Tower, I don’t see a Fletcher C3 beating a Scout C3 in-terms of AOE damage as long as there’s a Cryo C3 in the party composition because Crossfire is slow to spam and locks the Fletcher C3 to only spamming it while Scout C3 just leaves Double Flare on the ground then proceed to spam Feint + Barrage and Split Arrow for additional AOE damage. Pass of Chrono C3 also favors my build more because I’ll be able to stack alot of Flare Shots, my Feint + Barrage would instantly be ready again and Capture will be more frequently used.

The leveling won’t be as bad as a Wiz C3 because of Barrage. Although … it really is a pain still because you literally only have Lv10 Multi-Shot, Lv5 Barrage and occasional single Flare Shot time to time for a looong time till you reach Rank 6.

This is interesting build but I still have some questions.

1. That Feint + Barrage combo is game hidden mechanic or only a bug ? Does it work with other skill except barrage ?

2. IIf I don’t go rogue it still worth going Ranger C1 (for leveling) in Scout C3 Build?

3. How Clocking Physical Damage Att. work ? it just add 50% of your physical to next attack or make next attack 50% stronger ? I just want to know how good of clocking + Snipe/Cannon blast.

1. It seems intended because it really had a specific coding to prevent imbalance. Specifically that the added hits per arrow is not considered as an individual hit. What this means is those additional hits would not benefit from items like Arde, Mana-mana or buffs like Blessing, etc.

2. If you don’t go Scout, is it still worth going Ranger C1 for leveling in Scout C3 build? What?

3. Cloaking’s +50% atk is a noob trap. Basically if you have 1000 physical attack and let’s say your Snipe did 30,000 damage. It will become 30,500 with cloaking.

Aya dreamy in AK… sounds familiar. I used to play in Hydra server. Good guide!

I mean rogue in second question just my fault.

If I were to go archer c3 instead of ranger c1 would leveling be difficult (been quite fond of the twinshot skill. Also tried ranger before, so I might one something a bit different) Sorry with all the questions… its just that I’ve been making several alts making them reach 5th class, because I just can’t seem to find the right one, now all that’s left for those alts to do is just farm the 130 dungeon…

I made the very first offensive tank Katar build that was also the first off-tank to be able to do it’s role properly even against lament even though built with 95% evasion and with high offensive stats. I used to play on Siren. And thanks!

Rogue is literally the class’ center. It connects each and every class for maximum synergy and performance.

Losing Feint + Barrage combo in this build is a huge no-no. It is one of your advantages over a Fletcher C3 because Fletcher C3 takes up Rank 5 6 7 making no space for Rogue unlike Scout C3.

Good to know for field farming fletcher can’t ks a scout. Was actually planing to build A2>R1>Sc1>Ro1>Fal1>Can mostly for the costume but I don’t have the time to experiment actual play.

Will A2>R1>Sc3>M1 be okay instead of rouge? Since Scout split arrow has the AoE skill and musketeer as a feel good skill

And can you explain what levelling capture do?

1 Like

As I’ve explained on the guide and replied to the other person here. Rogue C1 is actually the center of the build, it connects each and every class for synergy and maximum performance. It cannot be replaced.

As of now, Lv1 is bugged and can capture unlimited amount of skills. Adding levels to Capture increases the possible spells that can be kept at a time.

Sorry I’m still not getting, you mean I can capture more spell with higher level meaning like I can use capture 5 times if I level it to 5?

@Dream

Interesting guide.

Nice to see a successful build outside the holy grail r7 classes for archer that are musketeer/cannoneer.

While I don’t particularly like Capture in PvE as its cooldown is well, longer than I’d like to be blunt, feel like this ability carries heavier weight in tactical PvP even with archer’s known weaknesses which is amusing since your guide isn’t about PvP.

Regardless though, there’s plenty of other stuff this build brings to the table so that’s not too big of a take away for someone not wanting to be the fotm wb build I see everywhere.

Pretty sure you’re the same individual who was pretty upset with backstab damage and posted a thread about it, hopefully you’re enjoying this build more. Who knows maybe if they buff it you’ll be considering higher circles of rogue for R8+ once that’s released?

Edit: Also I… Don’t understand how this build is difficult to level? Spam barrage, drink pot, walk away? Haha. Sounds pretty breezy if you ask me. Sometimes I wish I took ranger C1 but close range skill spamming is more the opposite of what my build goals are.

You can only use capture once at a time and it will not go on cooldown as long as you hold onto the captured skills. At Lv5, it is possible to capture up to 5 spells at the same time.

Here’s an example. I have 3 partymates. 1 Pyro C2, 1 Ele C3 + Warlock and 1 Fletcher C3. I asked them to cast Flame Ground, Fire Pillar, Frost Cloud, Pole of Agony and 2x Magic Arrow.

If I have Lv1 Capture and considering it’s working as intended, it will capture only 1 of those spells listed.

But if I have Lv5 Capture, I will be able to capture 5 out of the 6 spells that were cast.

Just take note that currently, Lv1 Capture is bugged. It can capture unlimited amount of skills.

This was my original planned build before my QS3>Rogue3 build. I was one of the players who got misled by Running Shot’s early game potential and forgot about late game where once everyone has Lv100 skill damage attribute, QS3 is still stuck with Lv5 or Lv7-8 Running Shot (Didel+Gem) therefore falling off. Not to mention, single-target focused classes are rarely considered on Earth Tower which is our current end-game.

I would actually be happy to get Rogue C2 on this build when they decide to buff Backstab because I really need more reliable single-target sustained on this build. If not, I’ll probably continue it to Archer C3 for Lv15 Multi-Shot and Lv5 Twin Arrows.

Sure, at early level especially at Rank 2. You would still breeze through content but do note that once you’re Scout C1 you’ll only be spamming Lv5 Barrage, Lv10 Multi-Shot and Lv5-10 Flare Shot till you reach Rank 6. That’s a painful leveling compared to other builds.

Given you listed 1 spammable aoe (barrage), 1 multihit ground aoe (flareshot) , and 1 high single target burst (multishot - if used properly of course).

Pardon my French but, I must be a fu*king masochist then haha. That seems fine to me but to each their own I suppose.

Yeah QS running shot is pretty overrated in my opinion. Their defensive stuff seems nice though, given I don’t have stealth or a barrel to hide in, or a pavice to hide behind, hear heavy shot pretty much cancels all skills targets try to use, derped up my c2 archer skills and didn’t put a point in it.

Maybe that’s a viable alternative when I feel like wasting a skill reset heh, figured I’d try all my skills as I rank up first, then sign all my regrets away later.

Anyway this is kinda departing from the topic so I’ll stop here! ^^ Nice chatting~!

Updated the stats and attributes used on the “Versus Lv252 Grey Golem” video.
Also changed thread title as it … idk, sound so muscular.

I also seem to have a hater already who disliked all my TOS videos. Probably some Ranger C3 > Fletcher C3 who can’t think outside the box.

Edit: Forgot to include that I changed and added info on Double Flare + Camouflage combo. I added the fact that you can also use Perspective Distortion while hiding so the double flare will get some damage increase due to 25% patk boost from the attribute.

I also added a newly discovered hidden mechanic on Capture + Flare Shot. The captured Flare Shot has a significantly longer duration compared to the original. Not sure if intended or not. I’ll post a video comparison soon.

Wow I love the synergy of this build. Have you tried tanking somehow for parties while using PD inthe barrel? Also that clever combo could be really useful in pvp

It always slip my mind lol I’m always too focused damaging the boss that I always forget about Camouflage+PD. Anyways, as long as Double Flare can hold-off the aggro (which is actually possible based on my mission runs) then yes, you can tank while inside the barrel. I remember doing this when I was almost dying because I got focused on by the boss when me and my friend duo’d the Lv240 dungeon.

You can actually use Cloaking > Camouflage and it doesn’t cancel Cloaking’s invisibility then proceed to using Perspective Distortion. I’m just not sure if the barrel can still be seen. This needs some test.

Is it possible to actually use scout 3 to near full potential without even having the luxury of gems and such? I’m still trying to work on gaining more silver, but lately luck isn’t on my side… the only thing I am able to get is vubbe fighter gauntlets and arde dagger. I’m also still trying to understand how gems, awakening and such work…

Everything helps for min-maxing. Once you get Scout C3, I suggest getting Khasti Bow as it is cheap then go grind from Lv177-ish up to Lv190 on Roxona East alone. This will give you TONS of colifly stamen that can be sold for 20-25k each on the market. Even the mats from Glyquares and Belifigi sells for alot. These sell really fast, it’s one of my main profiting business.

I’m planning to include these stuff on the “Gearing and Stat Distribution” and “Leveling Tips” section. Just give me more time to prepare it.

1 Like