Tree of Savior Forum

iDreamy's Guide to Scout C3

People need to be patient and trust the OP. I gave up on my lv252 catagoon about 12 days ago, and this thread caught me eye. As of 6/13/16 I am now rank6, a2/r1/s3, my stats read about 330STR 40CON 7INT 4SPR 40DEX base. The leveling was a bit boring pre- split arrow, but trust me, there are worse fates, try leveling a QS until you get running shot…that’s far worse.
You can all go heavy STR you just have to stop being casuals and put money/time into your gear, I use a full roxona leather armor set, with x2 t5 evasion gems, x2 t5 sp recovery gems, and x4 t5 HP gems, using x2 poison bangles ( sissels are next project after split arrow attribute is 70+ ), petamion neck, manamana and +8 catacombs shooter, I have x3 t6 crit gems on my weapons total.
With the evasion from my armor, and swiftstep I can safely play dungeons at or up to 10 levels above me, including missions and party dungeons, evasion isn’t hard to stack, you don’t have to sacrifice DEX points, its not worth the loss in bonus STR points.
In general, this build works, and works well, it just takes proper investment into gear, and not trying to be the smartest person in the room, I followed the build word for word, and in less then 2 weeks my scout3 is wiping the floor with just about everything.

4 Likes

I know this was the case in icbt, but wasn’t that changed to consume 3 SP not 3% SP lately? At least in tosbase it changed. 3 SP per second would make sense: it would be 33SP cost at level 1 for the buff. But with % it defy the idea of having scout with high amount of SP for Split Arrow spam, as the more SP you get to use for Split Arrows, the higher SP consumption you will get when you will want to support allies with Perspective Distortion. Ergo i belive its bug then, and it should be reported as such.

Pure STR definitely punishes you if you don’t get gears such as 2x Sissel Bracelets, Lv6~7 Green Gems, etc. But if you think you can definitely get them, pure STR is for you.

First. It’s because 2H-Bow isn’t really your main gear so we go for the cheapest but powerful bow which is Khasti, it’s all about efficiency. Not to mention, Scout C3 skills does not benefit at all from AOE attack ratio so Maga Bow isn’t an option. To be honest, if it’s in terms of raw damage, Khasti > Maga.

Thank you dear~ This should really help convince people that pure STR and “still” stacking evasion works.

3 SP is literally nothing so I doubt it. I also never read a kTOS patch note changing it to 3 SP per sec.

1 Like

I really really agree with this, the build has been tested and proven and dream has been answering all sorts of questions, just go for it people!!! Can’t do full strength? Do 3:1 your not going to explode if you dont go full strength , and honestly if you don’t know what/how to get luxury items then you don’t need to worry about getting them until later, trust me hardcore or no hard core your going to be farming for high tier gems and sisle // glad and //.citric etc anyway. Min maxing as your first or even third toon takes a LOT of investment and isn’t realistic if your just starting out.

My only caveat is that you prolly ported over a lot of that gear from previous toon so the impact doesn’t strike me as hard but the concept is still correct, with some time and knowing what to do for you can set yourself up to get as much strength as possible while stacking evade. I myself don’t have luxury gear but through playing my sr I got the bare bones enough to play it makes it a lot easier if you already have a char that you can get things with.

Don’t forget too getting a group or a discord helps a ton too!! Especially getting through scout phase.

in your gear part you said that sooner or later we should get xbow + offhand

but on your video with soloing golem boss you didn’t even used xbow at all.

how often/in what situations you would use xbow?

I’m kinda curious because I want to make pure bow archer but idea of using xbow is kinda unfun for me :frowning:

I saw ppl saying it also include bosses… Now Im not sure.

That’s because my Xbow+Off-hand was still incomplete. Both had no Lv5 Green Gems that time so I’m critting alot more using my 2H-Bow. Sorry for the confusion.

Always as long as not against flying.

You can still have a pure 2H-Bow build. After all, 2H-Bow is favored more by Split Arrow. Aim for Marksman as your end-game bow before Lolopanther.

Its supposed to be 3 SP per second. With 11 second duration it cost 33 seconds, so its quite normal cost for a short buff spell. Especially considering that you are not using that time by attacking (aside from Flare, but you could use Flare and spam other skills).

At 10th level of the Perspective distrortion you would have 20 seconds max duration, making it a total cost of 60 SP. And its a good cost if you note that this can be interupted. Unless you use Camouflage beforehand but then thats 2 spells needed to be used, so total cost increase. Ergo it should be fixed amount of sp (3) per second.

And its not only tosbase that mentions 3 sp per second. IN GAME we see it in spell description as 3 sp per second NOT 3% sp per second. I belive they simply havent updated the code and people didn’t care/got used to it and didn’t reported it.

I currently have an SP pool of around 1.6k even if at 20 seconds of channeling Perspective Distortion, 60 SP is absolutely nothing. Mind you Lv5 Split Arrow is 37 SP per cast, so 60 SP for a 20s channeling duration is way too SP efficient.

I also suggest posting this on the class feedback section or submit a ticket and report it instead of nagging me about this. I am not a developer or whatsoever.

Didn’t meant to nag, just wanted to clarify why people doubt its cost.

Just a quick question, I was thinking of going Cannoneer for rank 7 instead of rogue. Would this be ok? Also i was gonna go for 3:1 str dex but im worried about CON. Would 3:1:1 str dex con hurt the build majorly?

dude c’mon, read the guide

So if I were to give up on the Rogue synergy (plan on going Musketeer), A3 will be better than A2 R1 right?

Yes.

@Thread: I also want to tell everyone I’ll be quitting the game. You can check out my overall feedback on the game here,

A big thanks to those who supported and contributed to this guide. takes a bow

Goodluck everyone~! I do hope that those who followed this build will be successful in-game~

15 Likes

OMG this is sad… thanks for all the help, you’ve been active the whole time helping people in the forums and enlightened people about the scout class

Thank you Dream for a wonderful time and for the knowledge you shared!

Drop the next mmorpg that you will play, maybe I will try it :slight_smile:

Also, accepting donations for co-Tels here. hahahaha lol

I have to agree with you about forced class choices.
It bothered me in icbt that you have no real freedom on what you choose.
Coz’ if you choose what you “like” you may end up not wanted in groups or even you can become really weak.

There are however worse publishers out there. I had left my previous game because of that and for now i am staying with imc, even though i already feel boredom after making 3rd archer. I am just trying to complete as many achievements as possible now, and fill in journal, just to make the game have some goal for me.

Anyway, wish you best luck with your next game, and thank you for this guide.

And I just reached scout 3 and my first shot using split arrow put a smile on my face. Now I read this. :frowning: Thanks for all the advice Dream.

2 Likes

Can anyone explain why is sissel bracelet is good?I’m str 3 dex 1 and should i still get sissel bracelet in the future?

Are you serious? Is the 37 critical rate not obvious enough for you

1 Like