Tree of Savior Forum

iDreamy's Guide to Scout C3

Thanks a lot for the guide! It’s the kind that you read and makes you want to make the character… which means that it’s really good, and also that I hate you bc I have one more character to make -.-

(No, but really, this is a good guide)

Can we dream of a stat reset? I really want to roll full STR… but at the same time, it seems it’d be convenient to make Scout3 my first character so I can farm and have silver to work with for making clerics. So if I made this my 1st chara I’d prob need a heavy budget build of 2str:1dex ;;

STAT RESETS WOULD PREVENT SO MANY REROLLS, BUT NOOO

Do you think it’d be worth making the character anyway? I need the money, but at the same time I’m a perfectionist, so making a character that I know will never reach its full potential unless I reroll doesn’t sit well with me…

I think there’s nothing wrong in going 3:1 str dex or even 2:1 str dex. You’d just need crit dmg gems instead of crit rate ones. Your dmg would be slightly lowered but you will gain great amount of evasion to help you survive.

To me, DEX is like something between STR and CON. It does help you maintain dmg during critical hits, but when you don’t crit, you deal less dmg, however you gain more survivalability in exchange.

If it is your first char, and you want to make money with it only, and not pvp, then i’d say build it the way you feel.

1 Like

Excellent write up and guide dream.

I have a question regarding lvl 220 weapon choices. I was led to believe that a bow was favoured more than xbow for split arrow due to bows having a higher base physical attack.

I did attempt to do my own calculations and realised xbow + mana mana was indeed better for split arrow.

Therefore, I was hoping for some clarification, just in case my calculations were off.

Thanks for the awesome guide again! :slight_smile:

You can’t go full STR w/ casual playing. It needs hardcore investments.

It adds 2 more ticks (1 second = 2 ticks). Pretty sure that’s worth it.

You would usually take gems that scales better than just adding more skill damage. Like Multi-Shot gem adding 1 more arrow, Flare Shot gem adding 2 more ticks. There’s a list of gems on tosbase.com but it’s unorganized.

IMC would release events that gives stat reset in the future I think. That’s what happened on kTOS.

Well, Scout C3 can be a source of money because it farms really fast with Split Arrow.

Erm, I still think 2H-Bow is better for Split Arrow. It’s just that this build also has tons of multi-hit nature skills ie: Feint+Barrage and Double Flare where Xbow+Off-Hand is preferrable.

Basically, you need both. But if I were to choose my first Lolopanther weapon, I’d choose 2H-Bow.

2 Likes

Hi Dream, i’m wondering how do Perspective Distortion works, is it AOE or like a buff that’s constantly consumes SP?and isn’t it still bugged with 30SP/sec?And how is camouflage going to be used?

hi @Dream :stuck_out_tongue:
I saw you suggest str:dex 3:1 to aim 50% crit rate …
how if I want to aim about 70% crit rate (without sneak hit) ?
is str:dex 2:3 good ?

Dream:
You can’t go full STR w/ casual playing. It needs hardcore investments.

Well as i said i am still new, so if you could elaborate a bit more on why its not possible? Do you think i could reach the roxona part full STR without leet equipment to farm and fund my character there ? If so what path should i take for c5 and c6, thanks.

Ye even with the investments I made I am ending up going 3:1 honestly I prefer to have a mix than pure of a stat, it’s personal preference tho after thinking about it I’d rather have fun with the stats I like than worry about hardcore stuff I don’t even have yet. As far as con I got really really lucky and got physical attack and hp headgear along with critical attack and hp headgear. Going 3:1 isn’t the end of the world you know and they might have an event to refill your stats like when rank 8 comes out or something along those lines.

It’s an AOE buff that is centered around you as you channel it. It’s not bugged, it really does consume 3% SP per second.

Use camouflage for emergencies or like how I used it on the Barrel Tanking video.

70% crit chance needs 466 crit rate. That’s w/o considering the enemy crit resistance.

2:3 is fine for builds w/o Sneak Hit.

Well you were asking how far you can reach with a full STR build w/o the equipments required. That’s just impossible, you would definitely get killed alot whether it’s on high level field or dungeon/missions.

You need at least a +5 Lv120 2H-Bow to be able to farm on Roxona East.

Getting Scout C3 at Rank 6 would make you able to farm fast early since Split Arrow is a great field farming skill w/ no cooldown.

In the end it depends on you, do you think you won’t need to farm early? Then get Rogue at Rank 5.

You need Scout C3’s Split Arrow for early level farming? Get Scout C3 at Rank 6.

Thanks this is the answer i was looking for, well i guess for a first time high lvl char ill go 3:1 path, so i can reach roxona and farm efficiently and not get frustrated. So i will leave the hardcore for and when i get more knwoledge about what i need for min/max. Also how much CON do you recomend having for 3:1 when reaching rank 6-7 without EQs?

30 CON.

Dream, I would just like to say that this thread has been one of my favorite reads of my last several days on the forums lurking.

Hypothetical, if only current classes were available to take for rank 8, and nothing new, which would you take considering you have rogue instead of rank 7 class (which I for whatever reason think just great, i dont like most rank 7s in the game right now for some reason).

2 alts though that are archers, but neither will run scout 3 ironically. depending on how classes look with 8 ranks out that may change in the future with another character plan.

It’s possible to take Hackapell for Rank 8 IF it is indeed a dagger focused class and a strong one. The reason is because Rogue C1 offers this attribute, Dagger Mastery, which would give us some quite nice synergy with Hackapell’s dagger skills.

If Hackapell was proven weak and not worth taking. I’ll most likely take Rogue C2 for Backstab since I really need a strong and reliable single target sustained dps when bossing. It’s just sad though that it requires Karacha Set to be good.

thoughts on leaving split arrow lv1 for sp consumption?
or will the base dmg at lv5 be worth the x2 sp cost

Bad. Considering your base attack is 1800 with end-game gears, you’re still missing out 16.6% damage output. If you just can’t bear with the SP consumption when farming, get 3x headgear costumes each with SP recovery enhance.

thanks

/20charmanders

Hello, Im currently following this guide R5 lvl 150 by now and its my highest lvl char. I think Im going to get scout c3 for R6 since Im the poorest lvl 150 in the server; I have like 1.5 millon by now and my current gear is fedimian plate set and skull bow +5.

I was thinking into going full str but Idk what you mean with hardcore investments, I think I wouldnt have problem with farming silver unless its an insane amount of time, I currently play this game like 8-10 hours per day so I would like to know how many millons more will I need to invest into a full STR build to do at least the same damage as a 2:1 STR:DEX build.

Edit: I know prices arent the same on every server, but I mean roughly

Starting to feel the grind of getting to scout 3/rank6 on this template. So ready to ditch oblique shot. 155 with cards I could get 173… not yet. Its been pretty painful but the light is near.

I’ve seen first hand what a scout 3 in basic gear can do, pushing on!

3 Likes

is there an alternative to khasti bow? what makes khasti bow BiS at 170 anyway?

imo good base pattack , critattack and 3 slots for green gems(crit rate), if you go scout3 at rank6.