Tree of Savior Forum

iDreamy's Guide to Scout C3

Okay. Obviously you didn’t read the explanation nor the previous posts as to why I am suggesting HP on Headgear enchants.

I won’t argue that Phy Atk, Crit Atk and Crit Rate are definitely best for min-maxing DPS increase.

The issue is though is about being full STR from the very start unless well, you are willing to use or actually have a spare stat reset potion.

Also, “instead of putting x points into DEX” isn’t the point here because if you’re going for the hardcore path in the first place, then all status points would’ve gone to STR leaving no points available for CON nor DEX.

Anyways back to the previous posts I’ve mentioned. I was suggesting pure STR build for maximum damage output since it’s actually possible to have enough crit rate from gears alone to hit a decent crit chance. If you also went to the stat distribution section and read what I posted there, STR gives you the most returns from stat point investments.

Following this by those who plan to go pure STR as well (as seen on previous replies), they are starting to have survivability issues. Getting OHKO’d was the biggest issue THUS I was suggesting HP as the top priority because even though it doesn’t give you the best returns to increase your DPS, it does give you the added survivability you need as you level and while still trying to get the needed gears.

I hope that was enough explanation to understand as to why HP is being suggested and prioritized.

1 Like

I did read your previous posts, but they obviously didn’t make as much sense to me as they did to you. You obviously didn’t realize that I already included the additional bonus stats from reaching max levels and putting them all into STR into my calculations. I equated 14 STR to having 28 phy atk + 28 crit atk (i.e ~28 STR after bonuses), but nevermind that. Let’s go back to basics first.

First of all, the very point of going full STR from the start is so that you get all the STR bonuses at max level. And the reason why you’d want those STR bonuses is because you think it will maximize your DPS output, right? (unless you wish to do it for some other illogical reason - achievement - etc).

So, now that we’ve established that the ultimate point of your full STR build is to optimize your DPS, you then bring up the issue that you will have survivability issues. That’s all fine and dandy because I agree with you here. However, instead of relying on HP from your head enchants to increase your survivability, why would you not consider getting some HP from CON instead? Because like I showed earlier, you just get so much better returns from damage stats on your head enchants rather than HP.

My proposal is simple, really. If you need more damage, get damage stats on your head enchants. If you need HP for survivability, still get damage stats on your head enchants, but put some points into CON (best min-max returns).

Your proposal, on the other hand, is this. Get HP > damage stats on your head enchants because you will need the survivability even though you’re not optimizing your head enchants. The reason you gave for this? “it does give you the added survivability you need as you level and while still trying to get the needed gears.”

If that’s the reason for your recommendation, then you should have also mentioned that HP is not the optimal choice for end game head enchants, only needed while you’re still leveling and trying to acquire your end game gear. Again, I was assuming that since your guide advises on end game stat build, your recommendations for head enchants are also for end game. If they’re not, then my mistake. But please do include end game head enchants into your guide because I think that’s what most people actually wanted to know when they asked what stats are best on their headgear.

1 Like

Yes, it’s not for end-game.

Considering everything, indeed it was my bad.

But I have a reason for neglecting Crit Rate especially in this build. It’s Sneak Hit. It’s possible to hit 40-50% crit chance with proper min-maxing w/o the need to invest on DEX. Adding Lv5 Sneak Hit’s crit chance and you’ll exceed 100% crit chance. Thus the crit rate from headgears is actually close to negligible due to it’s diminished returns.

Nevertheless, gonna update the gearing section.

Edit: Updated gearing section. I’ll give my personal thanks for pointing these stuff out and it actually made the guide better overall.

1 Like

Yea, you’re right, I shouldn’t have put forward a Crit Rate comparison then. More like Phy Atk/Crit Atk.

I’m actually going for A3>S3 myself, so I didn’t consider Sneak Hit at all.

Anyway, I hope you don’t mind my hijacking your thread but someone asked you here before whether you recommended Musketeer or Cannoneer for A3>S3 and you preferred Cannoneer. Even disregarding Musketeer’s single target skills, isn’t Covering Fire better as an AOE though? Especially with multiple hits on a relatively low 15 sec cooldown. Technically, it might even outperform Cannoneer’s Cannon Blast as you get more base dmg later in the game (I’ve seen a KTOS player with 1700-1800 physical base damage).

The thing bugging me most about Covering Fire is no one seems to know how many targets it hits per shot, and how many shots are fired? I’d appreciate it if you or anyone else can let me know, since you seem to have been around for a while!

I suggest asking @Lyralei for specifics on Musketeer.

As for the overall comparison on Musketeer vs Cannoneer. Personally, I don’t have both of the class but my issue with Musketeer would be the AOE range and it’s 0 AOE attack ratio on it’s skills. Cannoneer would do more damage with it’s wider AOE and high innate AOE attack ratio.

The game is 90% mobbing, 10% bossing so with PVE in mind, I would definitely suggest Cannoneer over Musketeer.

Thread update: Added “3D. Special Thanks” section.

2 Likes

Thread Update: Added updated Skill Trees, both normal and the alternative path.

Reason for this update is due to Perspective Distortion and Scan being increased to Level 5.

Lv5 Perspective Distortion
I have been trying out Double Flare + Camouflage + Perspective Distortion on mission runs lately. I completely underestimated the DPS that comes from this combo as well as the DPS increase for party members that benefits from PD.

So what is the point of the duration increase?
The thing is, from my experience on those mission runs, Lv1 Perspective Distortion is not enough to fully buff the damage coming from the normal Flare Shot of “Double Flare” combo.

I usually start in this sequence,
Buff up Swift Step and Sneak Hit > Release captured Flare Shot > Flare Shot > Feint > Steady Aim > 3x Barrage > Camouflage > Perspective Distortion.

Due to the time eaten by casting Feint > Steady Aim > Barrage. There’s only roughly 17~18 seconds remaining on the normal Flare Shot’s duration.

This means that Lv1 Perspective Distortion’s 11s duration is not enough to buff up the damage of that remaining 17~18s of Double Flare. Thus we increase the duration to 15s at least, this way, the remaining duration Double Flare has will get almost fully buffed by Perspective Distortion’s 25% patk increase.

Note: Technically, it’s true that Double Flare’s duration is only 25s at max but do not be misled. The captured Flare Shot would still not disappear after 25s but continue as “single” Flare Shot for 23 more seconds.

How is it? Are you able to tank properly and maintain aggro while inside the barrel?
I was definitely able to keep the aggro 100% of the time on all my runs so far. The only time I can’t take the aggro is if there’s a swordsman class with maxed Provoke Attribute. Especially Peltastas.

I would also like to mention that once Perspective Distortion’s full duration ends, the boss is most of the time already dead. If not dead, your Feint > Steady Aim > Barrage is ready for another cycle usually killing the boss/bosses. I’m totally seeing the build in a new light.

I’ll try recording a couple of videos doing this combo on queue’d mission runs then compile them on a single video and upload it on my channel.

Update: Here’s the video

What’s your current damage on Double Flare with Perspective Distortion?
From what I recall, it’s 5500~6000 crits. That’s Lv70 attribute. Using +8 Superior Kracked Shooter and Mana-mana. Not yet using pure STR build.

Lv5 Scan
Simple reason, GvG purposes. I admit that my build would just die quickly on GvG’s but Scan might provide big help especially with longer duration to block off possible sneak attacks on your tower.

P.S. This is linked to Skill Tree section which is why it’s on a seperate reply.

2 Likes

Capture is used for burst purposes.
Most good damage AOE skills have a high CD. To me, high CD is anything that is in the 30+ secs cd. Take a look at Wiz3 Ele 3 Warlock Main Aoe spells: Frost Cloud 30 secs. Electrocute 32 secs. Meteor 90 secs. Hail (45 secs) Magic Missile 2 overheats 17 secs CD. All of these skills are supported by a 100% uptime +50% magic attack buff.

there are many possibilities to have some kind of build in the archer tree. If we do a little anylysis with a bit of thinking, we can actually reach the resultus: Multishot lvl 10-15 + circling (35 secs CD); Cannon blast (30 secs); broom trap (40 secs); Barrage (17 secs 3 OHs); Barrage + Feint (25 secs CD); General Capture usage (180 secs CD, depending on party composition and time taken to make this work, it produces enough burst to justify its presence at dungeon runs, but i dont think its viable in Earth Tower); pheasant (40 secs CD, IMO its great for AOE BURST purposes).

Truth is the wew build is focused on AOE burst. Thus it has many spells with CDs. You can rotate them and not only this, because of the CDs, it makes it scale retardedly well with chronomancers pass ability. Not only this, divine might makes quick cast reduce cast time by 60%. 4,4 secs cast lvl 11 meteor anyone?

To achieve such aoe effectiveness, the need of thoughs on a build with good damaging skills that justifies their CDs is needed. Split Arrow, for an example, does not have CD, but has an AOE limitation of 3 targets (the target and the other 2). Of course this skill would scale well with a Linker. But all AOE skills scale RETARDEDLY with a linker, mainly when they can hit as many targets as possible in an area (broom trap broom trap broom trap).

I am currently leveling an archer with the following build in mind: Archer c2. Ranger c1. Sapper c2. Falconeer c1. Cannoneer c1. Still leveling, gonna check how it works out.

1 Like

Any tips for fast Gem leveling? As of now I only have 1 level 4 green gem but I dont think I’ll use it anytime soon since khasti recipe is bring sold for 1.5m…(rip)

If you have something to discuss with Mamark, please send him a private message instead of hi-jacking the thread with some Wiz stuff and Sapper stuff.

Only reliable way to increase gem level is to keep feeding it looted gems or feed it mats whether from hunt or from market.

Just got to scout c3 and good stuff. For gems enhancements if your relaxed and not farming silvers at roxona east, you can get to farming green apparitions and eggnome at tenet church 2. You can farm corpse hand for your crafting achievement(white hair quest) and eggnome mats with a chance of getting mithril ores. The crafted equips also serve as a good gem enhancement equip later on as well.
Well obviously roxona East is still the gosu place for silver farming tho, and silver does solve everything in this game apparently.

Aside to dream, my split arrow is working fine at lvl1 now at roxona east with 10% attribute. May stick to that for now. Glyquare hits like a truck tho

How much damage do you currently do with level 1 split? first hit and bounce?

Congrats~

I didn’t know those Egnomes can drop Mithril Ores ;O

Just a warning really subpar gears. Khastibow +5 . 860-1000 physical att as of current. First hit around 2-2.5k and 5-6k on bounce, bounce crit around 9k-10k That’s on flying of course. Hitting belfigi and colifly @ roxona East

Dream: I haven’t seen them dropping yet tho, killed a golden mob for eggnomes and got no ores, derp

Just wanna check on full draw skill, is it worth to get it to lvl7 just for the skew duration? As I’ve heard, the instant lvl1 cast is not working already now.

There’s no other option anyways and there are some cases where you’d rather want the damage sharing effect to last longer.

Is there anyway to incorporate scout c3 into a build that leads to musketeer? i know the rogue is the most crucial part but i really want a r7 class ; /

Bout 10 hits if I’m not mistaken. Behaves like Multishot, one target per hit. Could be wrong so don’t take this as a fact, I’ll go test it on my musketeer when I have the chance.

hello , I am making a compilation Archer c3 Scout c3 , but I am in doubt in which armor attribute increase , what do you think more viable : 3 plate parter and a leather ( vubbe / virtov gloves) or full leather, it is viable 1 / 1 str / dex using plates or plates would only be an option for full str leveling ?
sorry for my bad inglish :blush: :

Well, there is, just simply take Musketeer on Rank 7.

But if you will ask my opinion regarding it, IMO, not worth breaking all the synergy just for Musketeer.

For min-maxing, nothing really beats the exponential survivability increase that comes from evasion on PVE. So I suggest overenhanced leather armor set (except Gloves) and accessories. This would most likely prevent OHKOs from magic and evasion would drastically boost your survivability against physical attacks. With that in mind, I suggest leveling Leather attribute.

For leveling phase on a full STR build, I suggest going for plate set since some parts actually add HP.

Cool, while you’re at it, could you also check if it’s affected by AOE atk ratio like Multishot? This will help so much. Thanks!