Tree of Savior Forum

Hunter Overall Guide [Last Update - 10/12/2016]

I recently used my last stat potion and invest to str than dex. You know what I got? Same damage on rush dog. Pet damage dont affect by owners stat. Please do multiple test before put on your guide.

It’s actually said in his guide. Go look at the “Living as One” section, click on Rush Dog to see the skill description. Under “Damage and Effect”, it is clearly stated that the skill only relies on the companion’s stats and the base damage per level of the skill.

Sorry about that, i did corrected that quite some time ago (check updated log) after jacob-davis pointed and also replied that i would test it to confirm.

Rush Dog is quite tricky to test for a bunch of reasons, it get to crit but it display regular damage text (which is almost unnoticeable, i had to slow down all vids to check it) and even when it doesn’t crit you might get some weird variations (perhaps a bug that doesn’t display the crit damage). I’m really sorry for that mistake and i hope that something silly as that won’t happen again.

@Summersworn

He’s talking about the first version when i do list that the Hunter stats increase the skill damage.

This is what I wanted them to add on hunter’s attribute.

I know allowing coursing on boss fight is OP but allowing almost 80% of hunters skill to be unused on boss fight is unfair to the class itself.

so why don’t we add an attribute to allow coursing on boss (below your companion level) with balance equation?

4 Likes

I don’t think a chance to hit would balance it (unless is x%/hit), it’s easier and more reliable to reduce debuffs/duration/damage/DoT delay instead.

We don’t need Coursing AND Retrieve as CC skills. Coursing could be only a “bleed” skill stacking with retrieve and working on bosses.

I would like to know if there is sinergy between hunter and falconer. Namely if Praise affects the falcon too.

Upgrading companion quite painful . My Companion STR cost 70k per level now . It could be disappointed our companion because it’s level almost far from our current level so your strum let companion show noob around haha. This should be fix or add some helpfull scroll neither add some equipment in the future soonest.
I spent 2M upgrade companion add tens DMG facing that it might not good enough after Rank 6 , otherwise if your equipped additional item will add on Rush dog damage . Many ppl whom doesn’t not upgrade companion pass Upgrade rush dog for late useless game .

Well , Does anyone know that Hounding could be help recovery retrieve , coursing bug ,try it.

Might as well put “Snatching is mandatory” in bold letters, to make sure no one avoids this monsterous skill.
Its own damage aside, depriving a party of 100% to slash and strike on a boss just wouldn’t make sense 5/5 skill in situations where it applies.
If this thing could be used on grounded mobs too, Hunter would be great.

Hey! question: can you use Scout’s ‘cloaking’ skill WITH the companion out? or do you need to unsummon him… or what? thx :slight_smile:

If you snatching a group of flying type mobs, can you use broom trap or throw gu pot on them?

you can but pet attack skills cancel invisibility exept for rush dog.

That’s is a small video about Hunter C1 vs flying mobs.

Hunter C1
Coursing lvl 5
Snatching lvl 4
Pet lvl 157

yeah but still we shouldn’t have to waste SP on that…
It’s a bandage, not a fix, but it’s a nice bandage for now :frowning:

Any new info about yesterdays update? June 28, 2016. Any correction on bugs?

So far only some PvP fixes along with Growling bug that came last week.

They’re supposed to be CC skills.

hmm
if i go for archer ranger hunter 2/3 > ? ? ?
and what should i go for PVE & bossing
edit: full str 50 to 90 con

Basically Hunter is a pvp class…pretty much dominates every class except defensive wizards like cryo. But hunter is a specialized PVE class as well. they are lethal against flying mobs especially Flying Boss!..Snatching hands down is op against flying(u should max this). very useful in late game since there are lots of flying boss on high level dungeons…with a hunter on the team, bird boss in 130 dungeon drops in less than 10 seconds lol. But hunter is underwhelming against non-flying since there is not a single skill that can offer significant damage…For bossing I think fletcher is the way to go. I also suggest wugushi…try search some threads about these classes…

thank i think
i will go 2 sapper 2 hunter Falconer/rogue