Tree of Savior Forum

Hunter Overall Guide [Last Update - 10/12/2016]

Friendly advice use this trick someone else showed me.

**Skill Overview** Click<< Keeps the post from being huge and lets you post tons of info

< details> < summary> Skill Overview Click<< < /summary>
Keeps the post from being huge and lets you post tons of info
< /details>
Remove the spaces after the < for it to post right

5 Likes

Thanks, this will be quite usefull.

Nice guide!

I’m currently Archer 1 > Ranger 3 and deciding how I will finish my build. I was originally planning for Archer 1> Ranger 3 > X > Schwarzer Reiter 2 but I’m also tempted to do some beast master hybrid of Archer 1 > Ranger 3 > Hunter 1 > Falconer 1 > Musketeer. So my question do you think hunter circle 1 is viable build specifically with ranger 3? Thanks.

So… going straight to the point, i don’t think it’s the best option in both cases, Hunter C1 is quite good at rank 3 but it isn’t one of the best class at C1, it will feel quite weak at rank 5 having in mind what it can offer to you is less than your other options available.

You’ll have to level a Companion from scratch (if you don’t own one) and also get used to the aiming just to use skills that aren’t really unique or worth a 4~5th rank class. If you want to get into beast mastery go for Falconer at rank 6 or make a Hunter with a new character.

Since you’re doubt is about your build and not about Hunter itself i’ll let a text wall here, it can help you to avoid some traps and let Class Synergy (i forgot to put it in the glossary) more clear, i’m not sure how experienced you are so i’ll write all you could possibly need and point some options that can be usefull to your build.

More text The best builds work a lot with synergy (the combinations of one aspect/class that enhances or complement another) to extract some of the aspects best that these class can offer, due each class nature they have different synergy with other classes and so they can/can't be properlly at the same character. At your listed options two can conflict quite easily, i'll give you a preview but i recommend you to search more for yourself since i'm not used to those.
**Schwarzer Reiter** Since i haven't played it i can't be sure if all skills require both a pistol (sub-weapon) and be mounted, if that's the case you won't be able to use Hunter skills along with SR skills, if you do so you'll have to constanty mount/dismount to use your skills or let them dust.
**Musketeer** This one is will be quite annoying to deal with it but it can work. Since you're a Ranger C3 (a full archery class) it isn't the best choice to pick a class that relies in a new kind of primary weapon that doen't allow you to use Ranger skills (at least i don't remember if they work with muskets), of course you can switch weapons to use skills but it can be quite annoying if you have to do it so often.

Now back to your planned options

Going for SR will instantly exclude Hunter and Fletcher (only 2h bows) since you’ll probably need both a pistol and a Companion as mount, so far these are some interesting options.

**Quarrel Shooter (rank 2)** Uses crossbow as main weapon (one skill requires it) and can be as usefull as a Hunter C1 at utility. **Deploy Pavise** will block ranged damage and some melee too (along with a bleeding chance on cast), **Scatter Caltrops** slows enemies and you can spam **Stone Shot** to stun enemies.
**Scout (rank 4)** Another option with some utility and also save your skin, this class is a little weird but it's a great choice if you want to be safe. **Camouflage** will block any incoming physical damage, **Flu Flu** is an AoE fear and **Cloaking** will make you invisible for a while.

You can also go for Rogue or Wugushi (rank 4) but they won’t give you that much without going further (that’s why i didn’t listed them).

Here it would be better to take Falconer 2 or Cannoneer instead but you can go for Musketeer if you really really want to. At rank 5 you can get Scout as i said before or even this one…

**Fletcher** Full bow oriented class (it can't use skills with crossbow) that requires arrows (that you craft) to use skills. **Broadhead** can make enemies bleed and **Bodkin Point** will dispell protective magic and will reduce the enemy defense. It doesn't provide as much utility as the other ones but it's a more natural option for your current build, just keep in mind that it isn't so practical with SR and Musketeer.

I can’t cover all the options and variants but that might help you a little to fill some gaps. Again i recommend you to check it with players that have experience with those classes or you might have an unpleasant surprise later, i hope that it was usefull for you.

Thanks for your support, cya.

2 Likes

Dem dispeller scrolls though. :frowning:

Well done! I got to hunter c1 yesterday and noticed how some skills don’t work against bosses, as well. Reckon that the once the companion’s AI is improved, it’ll be a very fun class to play. I had mine bugging out at the boss’ traps, having it look like my companion was lagging out himself haha

Wanted to add:
Hoglans stat growth is quite awful in comparison to the free pet. The only pets that are an improvement is the red panda and guinea pig. All pets have the same bugs currently.

Rush dog does NOT use any stats of the hunters, my build is based primarily off of this skill. The stun attribute is triggered with all commands. Rush dog cannot miss or be blocked.

Re-rolling to level pet would be a waste of time since its not going to level much outside of dungeons until you reach late game anyways.

Con is a required stat by anyone that doesn’t want to end up as dead weight.

Going C2-C3 completely crushes so much of your PvE potential it is not even funny. It is a PvP only class, but without Con in your build its not even that.

I have a serious question now, why the developers doesnt allow you to feed pet in dungeons ? wtf

1 Like

I’ll add the table and the AI info at the next update, now about the other things…

I did some tests before to check some things using a with/without praise and weapon (and i’ll have to make some more) with all skills, at the Rush Dog i saw about 100 to 200 additional damage at the first hit (not subsequent ones) when equipped with a weapon (it was a Sniper Crossbow) which was quite higher than the variation, i’ll test again later to be sure. When i say that it can be missed i mean that you’ll use both SP and CD but you won’t get your skill effect, just as casting Multi Shot at an empty cell (which is quite the same as if the target dies before the skill lands). Rush Dog can miss but it cannot be evadade.

This is just a tip to prevent some further stress, since ToS is quite punishing when you face enemies 10+ lvls stronger than you (that will cut your damage to 1 and almost instakill you) it’s quite usefull to have a Companion that can at least survive enough time to follow your commands (which is even worse if happens at dungeons). It isn’t a bad deal to shelve your Hunter for a while when you can level a new character (which can be any class at all) till rank 3 quite easily.

I can’t denny that but the case is that Hunter is a class with a unique at it playstyle (not really since Falconer exists) and you can get it quite early, these two things makes it draw a lot of attention for beginners which might not be interested in PvP at all (i know at least 3 friends that meet those requirements), even if it isn’t the best class to PvE it must do at least he minimum to be able to PvP later or you’ll be a potato at dungeons.
The only two stats that i listed as recommended are STR and SPR since they work quite well with any Hunter build, DEX was listed only because it’s a remarkable stat at the whole archer tree and so it got some synergy value, unlike CON that is a stat that can be used for any kind of class/build in the game as long as you need more HP.

I appreciate your contribution, even if our informations conflict (like the Rush Dog) it can help to polish the guide. My main goal here is to help Hunters to understand better how the class works and how to deal with some features/bugs instead of avoiding/moving on just because the class is too buggy (this could easily go as a FAQ).

Sorry for the text wall, cya.

It seems that this only happens if you use the matchmaking system, i believe it’s just a bug that wasn’t reported or fixed (Companions don’t help that much unless you’re a Hunter).

i notice that if u use praise with savage bow and then switch cweapon, the buff continue with the buff., dont know other skills , i dont have how to test it with pointing or hounding

It’s the same principle as Divine Might, once you cast the skill it will use the level it’s at the moment, even if it’s increased or decreased it will keep the same effects as when casted.

One thing that is interesting to test is if weapons switch can enhance the damage if the skill is casted with a Savage Bow and then switched to a stronger one (very unlikely to happen but who knows), in the next few days i’ll test it as well as update de guide with some fresh info.

Cloaking increases the rush dog damage ? If it increases the damage, it increases every time I use dog rush in while I’m invisible?

Do you think a mistake discard praise or I put points on this skill?

I’m not sure if it does (we’ll have to wait till a Hunter/Scout give his feedback) but i belive it works, since you got into the subject i just found out that the offensive skills won’t cancel Cleric’s Fade (C2 skill) and you can cast while invisible, it’s possible that this also works with Cloaking.

I won’t say that Praise is a must because the bonus is quite low, at max level the bonus can be equal or lower than a damage variation which can be easily ignored if you do need those points. If you don’t want to max it i would recomend you to get it 4 (for full refresh) or 1 (just to enable the movement speed attribute), but that only if you don’t feel like you’ll sacrifice your points with something usefull.

Before i forget (since i haven’t updated the guidet yet) avoid getting points at Coursing and Retrieve (level 1 is fine for both), i just confirmed a troublesome bug related to those.

Good guide . I creat 2nd Hunter C1 now . I am testing companion bug that I will be happen when we are upgrade first aid nor after we up hunter c2.
So my testing do not upgrade firsts is for my companion if it work will report soon.

Any idea pls reply.

1 Like

I am a3 h1 f1 right now, and a good thing is that snatching stacks with fletcher’s bleeding, it completely melts flying bosses.

During iCBT I made a hunter r3, growling left the pet motionless, unable to attack, despite the monsters that came close to become unable to attack, I took to kill because I was Archer 2 and as we know, Archer is not very strong and this was before the buffs happen.

In short, I got A2 again, and I’m much doubt if caught Hunter 3 now, just this growling problem. What do you think about this? Hunter 3 is very unfeasible now and you recommend taking another class?

sorry my english

Don’t worry about your english, it’s not my native language too and so far you’re doing good.

So… i would love to answer you that but the thing is… i still can’t. I’m quite busy this month and i haven’t reached rank 5 yet to test it, ironically you got more info about C3 than i do. If you bear to wait i should get it around the end of the week, sorry for the inconvenience.

I really hate Quarrel Shot and Ranger, Sapper and Archer 3 does not seem viable take on rank 5, remaining Wugushi, Scout, Rogue and Fletcher. I thought about getting up Scout rank 2, but I would continue without damage.

The options with more damage and more viable are Wugushi and Fletcher, at least I think that are, remembering that I want Musketeer in rank 7. What do you think about this? Got any tips?

If you want to get Musketeer Fletcher isn’t an option (actually it is, if you have the patience to weapon switch constantly, but that’s up to you…). As far as i know Wugushi is quite strong, it’s probably the best option (excluding all the ones you hate) if you want to get some raw power (works with any weapon by the way), however if you think you can hit rank 6/7 (and got the guts) you can pick something else that suits your goals/playstyle, you’re not forced to spend all points before any class change (still it’s quite painfull) and get all your fancy skils at C2/C3 after doing it.