Tree of Savior Forum

How to get your regional server~

Yo folks, another thread about regional servers! I know how eager all of you are! That’s why I felt the urge to get you some realization about how you REALLY get your own server, without getting toxic and annoying the hell out of anyone.

Ugh… well, sorry, I’m a bit annoyed. Most people seem unable to understand how a developer like IMC works and whats constructive and what not. Ok, ok, I know what you’re here for, you want your own regional server!

But first, you need to understand some basics. As developing company, IMC is highly dependent to 3rd party investors, providing them money for future revenue. And now, after years of developing and not gaining a single cent with the game, the investors are getting impatient and forcing IMC to rush things, running low on money. Not being able to actually host the game in Korea by themselves, they sold the licence to Nexon and released an unfinished game. Thats that.

Having steam, the comfortable Amazon Web Service and the fact they don’t have to host the game in Korea, IMC now got the opportunity to be able to publish their own game outside of Korea without needing to spent too much money! (no extra infrastructure, no need for expensive servers)
Thats a big deal for such a small company and the investors seem to gave their OK as well. But sadly, IMC doesn’t have a clue how western gaming communities are actually working and didn’t expect us to rant THAT much, expecting us to actually eat everything they’re delivering, obediently. So naive. On top, they lack a skilled public relation agent, telling the executive that doing “that” will eventually lead to “that” and thus, commit blunders over and over. Avoidable, but can’t get helped.

Back to topic. Right now IMC is unable to fund another server location. Why? Basically because the investors say NO! Provide proper data first!
Until IMC provides the numbers promising new servers are going to bring profit, the investors wont spent anything. Right now the only data IMC is able to provide are the EA sales, which are useless since most people outside of NA are waiting for news about regional servers before buying anything. (besides, a skilled PR agent would have told them that giving out that data/chart MIGHT lead to unnecessary speculating about justifying *sigh)

Thats a serious dilemma. Without regional servers, no sales. Without sales, no regional servers.
Back then IMC declined to actually make server/world transfers possible. But having AWS as architecture (probably) it’s not that complicated to transfer a team from world A to world B or to sent some data around the world to another AWS serverfarm.
So IMC compromised and finally announced a servertransfer not only for founders to new openbeta servers in may, they even announced a servertransfer to POSSIBLE regional servers in the future (not only for EA people, its for everyone).

It’s obvious they’re hoping that would solve the dilemma, raising the sales for anyone outside the NA, inviting non-NA players to the free openbeta, having proper data for the investors, raising the possibility for probable regional servers. (and hopefully learning that we’re NOT Korea, we actually revolt when we’re getting treated badly!)

(btw, as German I’d benefit from an EU server as well, so don’t get me wrong, I’m just trying to be constructive. I do know nothing actually, thats just common sense, mixed with a bit of healthy insight)

So, to get finally back to the topic, how to get your regional server? (tl;dr)

Play the game.

4 Likes

nah…play the game is not the only solution of this issue

there is still crownfunding and petitions to show a data of how many people willing to support on regional server

I’m play ToS for fun, but if there is a wall of high ping out there. That is an “endurance test” not playing videogames…

why should I wasting my time if I’m not gonna enjoy it ? for hoping they will open regional server one day ? when ?

even IMC can’t tell you when dude…

ps. you can’t even play some DPS class that rely on attack speed and auto attacking

is that sound fun to you ?

And thats why IMC is in a dilemma. Korean companies tend to stay to conservative solutions rather than experimental ones.

So when you decide to not play this game, you will get the opposite of what you want. Playing the game while ranting, thats the solution.

1 Like

Are you losing anything from playing a game for 1-2 months without getting a dedicated european server? I don’t think so. Every F2P player who would enjoy this game, should give it a shot. As I mentioned in another thread: if all the european players (including eastern europe and “russian territory” (WTAF?!)) band up together, a european server is more than possible.

I agree to Seiryuu. Just play the damn game and if you enjoy it, stick to it. They are not blind. They just might lack money right now.

6 Likes

I’m from SEA , I gonna have worst ping than you two

that’s why I’m not gonna waste any more time in it , if I have a bad experience about high ping on F2P launch

my point is keep playing the game to show support is not the win-win situation here

So you decide to boycott and keep on ranting? Since you wont show up in any statistic IMC can use (up to now), and theoretically having an indonesian server (even if nobody wants to play on it), your chances of contributing anything of relevance are fairly low.

2 Likes

Isn’t a SEA server hosted from PlayOneAsia? Don’t get me wrong: I don’t know anything about who is able to connect to those servers or if this publisher is famous for being really bad.

so you are gonna consider someone who disagree with you to “that ranting guy who contributing nothing”

then we don’t have to continue this anymore and I only say stop playing not “boycoting”

asking for better solution is ranting now

typical white knight stuff…

Based on raw numbers, you will just vanish. Thats all. My opinions got nothing to do with that.

Since you don’t show up in any statistics, what could you provide of use for IMC to be able to get the investors they need then?

I’m a rationalist. I’d rather count on numbers than moral for getting what I want.

Are you going to fund a kickstarters project, if IMC tries to realize it?

Pssst! Calling someone white knight makes you look like a boycotting player. Just saying. :yum: He wasn’t asking you to pay money, just to spend some time in the game.

2 Likes

of course…

/20 cha

Yep, you only need to be online. No need to do anything actually, lol. Just make sure to provide the data of one sea person being logged in.

Then I’m gonna put on lowest graphics setting , Alt-tab , play other game

and prey for SEA server to open one day ?

easy !

1 Like

That’s the spirit! They want to see support from certain regions? This is a way to show them your support…they won’t check if you are really playing the game. My personal hero so far! :joy:

1 Like

That wasn’t so hard now was it ?

sound pretty dumb but if the whole point of OP is “better than nothing”

then I don’t see why not…:joy:

It’s as easy as that. IMC wants to provide numbers of traffic X from region Y. If that reaches a reasonable amount, getting greedy investors shouldn’t be a problem.

Who cares what you’re actually doing on the server. lol

1 Like

This is a good summary of what I think.

Can’t say you are wrong on the general idea.
But I wouldn’t take their word about the need of “data”. I don’t believe them when they use it as an excuse. Worst, Imc hasn’t done anything to deserve my trust. Obviously, you made a different choice.

Then it’s their choice to not “sell” the game to non NA players.
This is a minimal investment. (So obviously, they expect EU players to throw back their pride and play on theses NA servers.)
Seems like they’re aiming for minimal investment and according gains rather than bigger investment and bigger gains.

Which doesn’t mean anything if they don’t plan to open regional servers…

Could’ve just said that.

1 Like

Just being honest would have helped them early on already. Apparently the executives aren’t very willing to get anymore transparent than necessary EVEN if that would probably provide trust, a better image and as such, better sales.

As I said, they know basically nothing about public relation in the west and very little about proper community management, leading them to avoidable problems. Not that western companies are more honest in general, but they’re at least experienced with public relation.

Thanks to Julie we’ve got a proper community manager at least.